This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   DDM #5
Skandranon
posted May 09, 2001 01:45 PM            
Okay... how's this sound? DDM #5 on this Sunday the 13th at 8pm EST. My server, set with four teams (to make smaller teams - everyone try and pick just one partner, two if we have a large turnout), 30 minute and 30 individual frag limit, three team death matches.

Opinions on maps, anyone? I've got ten good deathmatch maps picked out, but am open to other suggestions. I'll try to have the server up a day before the match itself, so you can practice on the settings.

And Super has ventured we have NO bots present? It'd only work if we have a really good turnout (at least six there the whole time, I'd say) - what say you all? Personally, I don't mind having a few bots present. I've at least set them to 1.0 difficulty for DDM.

Lastly, for those with master server problems: The server should be at 128.206.79.85:12200 (the mod/DDM server)
128.206.79.85:12300 is the Classic Server, FYI.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 09, 2001 03:10 PM         
No Armageddon, pretty please - There will be chaos aplenty without the world contributing.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 09, 2001 03:28 PM            
I'ld set the number of bots to 4 that will round out the teams if turnout is low and go away when we get a proper ddm going.
-edit-
I'll 2nd that bout armagedden and add volcano

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited May 09, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 09, 2001 04:01 PM            
i like the idea about 4 bots. As soon as all the bots are gone the DDM begins.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 09, 2001 04:02 PM            
But super is on my team, he and I need to take out Skandy.

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted May 09, 2001 06:50 PM            
Weatherman? wanna be on team? (Yes this would be spam but it aint under 7 words MAW HAHAHAHA).

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited May 09, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 09, 2001 07:49 PM            
lol, just might as well pick teams now.

This is a spam, brought to you by the letter "A" and the number "19"

------------------

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 09, 2001 08:03 PM         
Sure GoldA1, if people are really teaming up. Is your connection working now? Remember, if we can't kill Skan, coax, or Supe, we must steal as many of their kills as possible .

Cooked coax definitely must taste like spam!

EDIT: On second thought, GA, lets get medieval on their aces . Wanna practice sometime?

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 10, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 09, 2001 09:18 PM            
I'll be there.Sure coax,we can be on teams.
Skand,you did a good job with the maps last time,so pick whatever you did the last time.Can you possibly put the Ramp near the top of the list.I think everyone likes that map and knows it well.I'd rather have no bots at all.Don't really think its fair to have a easy target running aound.But,i'm happy with whatever you guys decide.

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 09, 2001 10:41 PM            
*sniff* I sense conspiracy in the air. Evil forces aligning against the Black Gryphon.

All right, I'll make a note to get rid of Armageddon, add Volcano (and maybe Spew?), and reduce bots to 4, which are replaced by players. Sound good?

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

JVortex
posted May 10, 2001 12:47 AM            
i agree, few to no bots. and if we're doin teams im after someone besides skan and coax, cant frag em if theyre on my side

ill go for someone like Lord Byron, Matrix or Robu. any takers?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 10, 2001 04:31 AM            
I think you'll find Robu1 is the hardest to frag(judging from the other night when me,Weatherman,and others played against him) I guess I could make Matrix feel btter too by saying he's hard also Where is Matrix anyway.Haven't seen him in the forum in a long time.He did come to the last DDM though.
Thanks for granting all of are demands Skand,your a good sport

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 10, 2001 04:43 AM         
Okay gents, enough ego stroking, we need to git online and battle. The only stat that really counts is how often you get to frag the bastrich that has been foiling you all game. Yeah, top #'s are cool and with dem come braggin rights, but it is the individual clashes that are where the fun is. Hope to be kickin y'alls aces later
-t' Weatherman

post inscription - is this the time when you west coast people are on usu?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 10, 2001 02:59 PM            
Super, was it Weatherman that was kicking our butts last night?

------------------

IP:

JVortex
posted May 10, 2001 03:03 PM            
Super, as to the question of wheres matrix, last i heard he was reformatting his comp. he attempted to play in the last DDM but his comp was very uncooperative. i talked a bit w/ him on ICQ after, he said he was reformatting, and no one has heard from him since....
[insert eerie music here]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted May 10, 2001 05:33 PM            
LOL

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 10, 2001 10:15 PM            
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZ

B A C K !

lol - direct X 8 went **** up sideways with all my games, ive reformatted, new install of windows, icq and number re-add - full install of all that crap i call useful and of course my fave game of all time (apart from pac-mania !! or bubble bobble or slap-fight) lol

i should be fine to make the DDM 5 and for longer i hope this time. The system ftill freezes a little but i think that will iron itself out - so far 2 days without a crash is looking good.

Who will team with me ? - Jason V are ya up 4 it ? or namzad, shadow ... anyone ?

im so sorry about the last DDM - no soon er was i joining than my comp was facing crap ally with a cod stuck in its mouth ! murmering OH **** - HERE WE GO AGAIN !

i spent more time resetting and rebooting than actual time in the DDM. And for your infomation - yes i did pick op the base unit - i swore at it in several languages including swaheli and bangladashi, idid give it the evil stare and i did thump the case several times with a nicely siced book. Still fdisk was never my favorite but hey if youre gonna do sumthin its worth doing proper all the way along.

hey super, are you ever gonna post the DNX members forum ? lol trhe guys think im makin you up ! lol

note to everyone i added back on icq.... - ive readded you from an archive i saved at www.icqroaming.com but it doesnt save nicknames , just the original names the owner picks not the changed nick on the recipients computer - so id appreciate if you can all gimmie a shout at 30148958 and ident who you are - jeez ive now got over 400 ppl on icq and ive never heard of half these ppl ! - still i must have em on there 4 a reason ! LMAIO (no thats not a typo)!

c u in da games boys getting a lot of requests now from bz players trying to register for the DMF and bz3 - interest is beginning to mount ppl - lets be ready

Rixy - over n out ! 10-4

-=[/2]=- www.dnxworld.com

IP:

JVortex
posted May 10, 2001 10:54 PM            
um.... sure im up for teams. and would LMAIO mean that you are laughing yourself inside out?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 10, 2001 11:17 PM            
Ping Matrix:1#-I've been real busy latley and haven't had time to post on the forum.
#2-I'm lazy Where is your new forum now*turning red because of embarrasment*I've got about 50 bookmarks to DNX sites and can't remember where the TM one is.
I'll try to get around and post more there.Schools over this week so i'll much more free time this summer.
Jeez,I think DX8 is nothing but bad news.I had problems with it on my machine and had to go to a previous version.Not bad enough to reformat though I think I would jump off a bridge since I have almost nothing backed up.Only had to reformat once with this computer in the last year and a half and that was because of some buggy freeware that destroyed my registry.Going to have to put all of my HD on a several cd's.
Look forward to fragging you this weekend

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 11, 2001 08:32 AM            
Geez Matrix, need to do some more system maintenance. Or, more likely, since it's unstable after a reformat, you've got some hardware issues. Crappy RAM or motherboard or CPU or video/sound cards having a fight for resources. Or all of the above.

Here's something: Win2K helps with stability, that's for sure. And yes, Treadmarks runs solid on it, it's what I use. Actually a little FASTER than 98 and ME on my setup.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 12, 2001 05:52 AM            
Okay, the server is up and running - go try it out and let me know if you think anything's wrong before the DDM starts.

I'll try and be in attendance, however, my competition is not assured.

Either Win2K, Service Pack 2, or Creative's drivers are not getting along with TM. Some random lockups, boots to desktop when changing maps. LDA, you read these? I just sent a detailed email of the issue.... hopefully can get some help here.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

synack
posted May 12, 2001 04:37 PM         
I plan on being there.
I'll team up with whoever needs a partner at the time, or I'll lonewolf and snipe indescriminately.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 13, 2001 01:22 AM            
its still for 8PM est?

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 13, 2001 04:13 AM            
What!....you might not make it Skandraron!
That would be bad if the host and instigator didn't show up to the DDM
Please!!!!!!!!Show up and get rid of Spikey map,if its the one with all the annoying spikes on it.

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 13, 2001 05:39 AM            
Still 8pm EST, yeah. Still same IP and port.

I'll try and be there - I seem to have reduced the number of problems with lockups/crashes by installing a compatibility update for Win2K. And avoiding the Kasplatt server - it's the only one I've experienced a crash on. I haven't figured out the connection yet.

And Super... do you always have something to bitch about? Sheesh. *chuckle* You can't like /every/ map that's on there, that wouldn't be fair.
Unless everyone else objects, its still in the rotation: It's a pretty good DM map, really. Lots of places to hide. I'll try and remember what all is in the queue - Spikey, Steppes, Green Monster, Volcano, Caldera, Ramp, Hell Crossing, Cone, and a few others that I can't recall.

However, that doesn't mean it'll actually be played - there's 10 or 11 maps in rotation, and we're only playing 3 official matches, after all.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2