|
Author Topic:   Results of the DDM
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 07, 2001 12:10 AM            
We had sevaral show and had a real good time.Well,I don't know about a good time,it was way to intense,but I like it that way.Aside from a few people having problems connecting and few minor lag problems(and dumb me hitting the scan button on my scanner with my toe,causing the scanner to crash my computer right in the middle of the game! )we had quite a few stay throguhout the whole thing.I think Skandranon was the overall winner with Weatherman in a close second.coax,check your email.I sent you some grabs.Anybody else who got some,send them to coax to put on his site.coax.....I think theres a couple that I will not name*cough* Skandranon and Weatherman*cough*who could take your spot in the rankings.Let me tell you,that was the hardest time finding a kill than I've ever had in a DDM Get me an excuse to practice a little more.GG to all who participated and I can't wait for the next one.Revenge is sweet

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited May 07, 2001).]

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 07, 2001 12:52 AM            
That's might nice of you, Super. A bit uncalled for, but nice. And yeah, Weatherman's gotten damn good lately. Scary good at times. I hate trying to hit that little tank he drives, too. Truth be told, everyone did well tonight - there wasn't anyone I was looking at as an easy kill, that's for sure. As an aside: he's young, but don't underestimate Shadow. He kicked my feathered tail a few times.

And yeah, Coax, you were missed. Even if you probably would have won, I'd still like to have seen ya there. *chuckle*

So when's the next one? I'd be happy to host again, of course.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 07, 2001 01:16 AM         
Yeah, It was a blast! I would like to send a hearty GG to all those who played- from what I saw, everybody was rocking while still being excellent sports. There were somes ups and down in the score tally but Skandranon definitely was on top (3 in the bag). I still gots a lot to learn about fast aiming and turning the turret Skandranon was singularly difficult to kill (someone take a look at his frag/death ratio !) Supe was not too shabby either, winning game 3 or 4 with a commanding margin.

I am not sure if anybody is going to be displacing coax anytime soon. However, maybe he is rusty from lack of TM time.... Now is our time to strike! Mwahahahahahahahaha! (c'mon coax, you're not acutally studying for finals, are you?)

We definitely need to do this again, although 5 games is pushing my wife's tolerance for video game nonsense. How can we trim the DDM total length down? Mebbe shorter games/lower frag limits, more or no teams, rarer shadows, and coax in a mite on fire

I can definitely be aroung Sundays at 8EST for an hour or so ...

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 07, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 07, 2001 03:32 AM            
lol, i feel so famous. Also, the lessoned learned from the first DDM was to have DDM's only up to 3 matches since it gets to long typically.

Anyways its good that I don't perform in every DDM gotta give you guys a chance to take me out of first place

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 07, 2001 04:48 AM            
Skan is right,that little Platypus(spell check) is hard it hit.Frankly,I've never tried it since its so small and fragile looking.
Yes,That was a bit too long.It took a little over 2 hours to finish it.I was ready to give my eyes a break when it was over.I*do* have finals i needed to be studying for,but I'm glad I got to play.3,30min/frag matches should be enough from now on.
I'm up for one about any sunday evening.With my girlfreind going to summer school 5 hours away from me,I'll prob have some free Sundays.
I definantly need to hit the 1.59 servers a little more than I have been latley.Those demo peopel have made me soft
Maybe someday we can have a DDM on your mod server Skand.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 07, 2001 02:43 PM         
Who the hell are you calling fragile-looking!!!! Okay, there may be somthing to it - look at my frag/death ratio - almost 1.6 vs Skandranon's - 4.5 ! Like I said - Skan was super hard to kill!
But hey, Supe, you are as fragile as I am with a f/d of 1.3

I am going to do some tests to compare armor for the platy vs. some steels using the pea shooter, F and Back. The armor ratings for the Platy don't seem to be any different than most steels, but it has always seemed that it takes less shots to kill.... Not that it really matters - I play the Platy for size and manuverability.

Also, the # of player per team didn't seem to effect outcomes that severely- Skan averaged 2.4, Supe 1.8, and I 2.0 team mates per game. This doesn't take into account skill of your teammates in siphoning off kills (I guess that could be team score - your score)so it is not a really good measure. Yeah - I know, averages are the dumbest statistic. Can you tell that I am an engineer?

Still, I think teams of 2 max will make the games quicker paced.

Need more data before I can make up a wagering table for DDM - jk! Let's do it again!

- Enough Analysis, Lets get online!

EDIT - all numbers are straight averages done on Excel

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 07, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 07, 2001 06:28 PM            
Hehe,I did use the zodiak the first 3 games and its a liquid tank.I always assumed that the liquid tanks had less armor than the steel,but had greater acceleration?I actually prefer the Dwarf.
Maybe the next DDM ahould be free for all.No teams.Nah,that would be too quick.Maybe just 2 teams next time.Is there a way to make it so both teams are equal?or close to equal?Or is it just a random thing?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 08, 2001 06:19 PM         
Okay, I have posted an analysis page here: http://www.che.utexas.edu/~johnsan/DDM4analysis.htm

The story that it tells is just how much Skan kicked @$$ . Is the info in this sheet the kind of info people are interested in? - i.e. chart your improvments over multiple DDM's or let you know who to get as many pointers off of as possible (Skan!)

Anyone who wants it can freely repost this data.

Edit - I had to correct a really bad run on sentence that was redundant and seemed to have no point yet continued on much longer than neccessary and merely restated an earlier idea without changing,claifying, or otherwise improving the content, which was not all that interesting anyway.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 08, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 08, 2001 10:55 PM            
It is interesting to look at it that way.You can see how little Skand was fragged.Maybe I'll just go after only Skand the next DDM so I can ruin his stats In fact,lets all gang up on him so his death ratio is greater than his frags

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 09, 2001 01:23 PM            
Now now now... Super? Does the phrase 'Lambs to the slaughter' mean anything to you? I think I can take you all and stand a good chance of winning. More targets. *gryphon-grin*

Hell, I remember a few five and six on one matches I won....

With Coax and Weatherman there, though, it'd be a damn hard match, to say the least.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 09, 2001 01:44 PM            
lol, Super. I'm with you we'll just go patrolling for Skan, and when we find him boom. He might be good enough to kill either of us but not both of us

------------------

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 09, 2001 01:49 PM            
Hey Coax, don't you have some studying to be doing?

Well, for all I know, you might be rusty. I might just be able to take ya.

Maybe I'll be in good form this weekend and you'll show. That'd be a good match.

Then again, I'll probably be in one of my sleep-deprived states and play like crap, thus losing whatever small reputation I've garnered. Ever the optimist. *chuckle*

Well, the info's posted, gimme some feedback on it, folks.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 09, 2001 03:36 PM         
I personally plan on killing which ever non-teammate is handy. I think focusing on one player will just boost their frags (unless we gets together and practice team tactics - heh heh).
Don't worry about your rep, Skan, you will have all summer to rebuild it . Gryphons taste like chicken-lions!
Don't worry, I got some love for coax and Supe too!
Keep an eye out for ROBU1, I played him last night and he could really make a mark on the DM if he shows up.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 09, 2001 09:24 PM            
I was just joking,hince the " ".I go for whoever is the closest to me.And Skand,running backwards could only save you the last DDM,this time will be different I don't give a %&*# about the death to frag ratio,all thats matters is who has the most frags at the end

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 09, 2001 10:37 PM            
I know good and well you were joking, as I have been. I'll still be laughing when I blow your Dwarf to bitty pieces.

And I can see how the most frags would be most important to someone, instead of the highest ratio - but I had 'em both, not you! *wink* Kidding!

*laugh* I'm really not egotistical, but I like causing a fuss once in a while. Tweaking egos is a good way to do it.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

JVortex
posted May 10, 2001 12:42 AM            
i agree. its only the final frag count that matters! who cares about the ratio. if i cared about the ratio i would be a very sad person...

hehe, i think my death to frag count averages pretty close to 1 for 1!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 10, 2001 04:38 AM            
I definatly do not have a ego.Usually I get my a55 handed to me.99% of the stuff I post in this forum is me joking around Now if I said,"YOU WILL DIE SKANDRARON AND I WILL KILL ANYONE WHO TRIES TO GET IN MY WAY.YOUR DAY IS COMING.YOUR PANSEA T-72 WILL FEEL MY WRATH.MAKE PEACE WITH YOUR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then that might sound too serious
BTW,I think I found a tank I like better than the Dwarf,so I guess my new tank will be blown to bits

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 10, 2001 03:01 PM            
Super you and i need to train Saturday night. Just fight each other for like 3 hours straight, so when we team up against Skandranon on Sunday we know each others moves and can predict what eachother is thinking.

------------------

IP:

peeeto
posted May 10, 2001 06:46 PM         
hmmm... do i see another clan taking shape?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 10, 2001 11:26 PM            
LOL,I think we already know each others moves.It takes like 5 minutes to frag each other.I'll be playing quite a bit Friday and Saturday night,BECAUSE I HAVE NO MORE HOMEWORK OR TESTS TO STUDY FOR FOR 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(HALLILUJAH,HALLILUJAH!)I get off work aroung 10est and I'm usually on about 30 minutes after that.BTW,yes that was Weatherman we played the other night.

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 11, 2001 08:26 AM            
Don't corner the gryphon. We get dangerous then.

Fight fire with fire, perhaps? Soooo... Weatherman, got a partner picked out? *gryphon-grin*

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 11, 2001 10:42 AM         
Sorry Skan, my dance card is full for DDM5. GA and I are already on a team. Besides, you would probably just siphon off all of my frags and I wouldn't be able to kill you in good conscience . How about for DDM6? Also, who knows, we may have to go to 3 players/team if turnout is high.

In any case, I will be gunning for Supe and coax . It will be hard for 1 person to dominate (ala DDM4) with a lot of the top players playing. It will be fun. Don't forget to crash Supercoax's little party this Sat., too!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 11, 2001 01:30 PM            
Hmmmm,How sweet,fresh meat

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 11, 2001 02:08 PM            
Weatherman, I have put up a variant of your DDM4 analysis on my website. I hope you keep on providing the community with your valuable services(aka number crunching).

Here it is http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/ddmanalysis.html

p.s. sorry it took so long to do something with it, I had my Physics midterm yesterday so i have some extra time now to be fixing up the sight.

------------------

IP: