|
Author Topic:   Server Names (AKA: Anybody want $20?)
Skandranon
posted May 06, 2001 06:56 AM            
Okay, I just updated the names list on both of my servers. I'm in a funny mood, so I'm going to run a contest:

First person to get every single one of the Tank names listed and IDENTIFIED and emailed to me at skandranon@tranquility.net gets $20. No, I'm not joking. I'm serious. As serious as a silly idea like this can be, anyway.

How's this work, you ask? Glad you asked. I can hear you, you know. I've got your computer bugged. Stop talking to yourself - and that's disgusting.

Here's the plan: There's 141 names in rotation, list every one of them, and then come up with where I got them. They're mostly pop-culture references, and some are quite obscure. All have a bit of meaning for me. Clues? They're in categories - there're no single names on there, there are only groups, so the best chance would be to list them all and try and see associations.

First person to get them all identified correctly and mail them to me gets $20 via PayPal. Yes, I was dropped on my head as a fledgling.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

[This message has been edited by Skandranon (edited May 06, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 06, 2001 03:55 PM            
Hehe,you could just send me the list to make it easier and only give me $10.That way we both come out on top.
P.S.,is this open to any hacking techniques or do you have to actually play the game
Hmmm,lets see.I have your IP............
Just joking......I'll do it the hard way.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted May 06, 2001 08:29 PM            
*SuperUnkwon surfs thorugh Skan's Cpu, Accidently deletes c drive heh* :^)

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 07, 2001 12:55 AM            
So's anyone actually interested in this? Go on, play, keep track of the names you see, they're easy enough to figure out. JVortex is already on the right path.

If there's just 'sorta' interest, I might up the prize, or do something else.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP: