This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Does anybody know what time it is?
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 02, 2001 04:45 AM            
ITS DDM TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SUNDAY 6 pm EST
SERVER?
BE THERE.............OR DON'T
COAX WILL GIVE THE WINNER $100 USD
YES!THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRING YOUR CLANS(AND BRING YOUR LUNCH!)

RULES:

5 DM GAMES

YOU MISS ONE,YOU FORFEIT THE WHOLE THING

I'LL BE ARMED WITH HYPERSNAP AND DON'T MIND TAKING PICTURES WHILE PLAYING.....SO THERES NO PHOTOGRAPHER YOU HAVE TTO WORRY ABOUT NOT KILLING(AND NO,I WON'T USE THAT AS AN EXUSE;0)

IF YOU GET BOOTED BY FORCES NOT UNDER YOUR CONTROL,THEN YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO JOIN BACK INTO A GAME THATS IN PROGRESS.

COLLECTORS WILL BE TARED AND FEATHERED WHILE WE PUBLICALLY HUMILIATE YOU IN THIS FORUM(SHADOW RELOADING ONLY)

UHHHH..........ANY MORE?

HAVE A NICE DAY

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 02, 2001 05:04 AM            
Oh bother - thats 10pm at night 4 me, and at that time im still cuddled up in bed next to my loved one ! If we can move it to 8pm EST i can GUARANTEE being there ! - im 5 hours ahead of you lot, and 6pm EST is when all the fun happens if u take my meaning ! *cough*

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 02, 2001 01:30 PM            
That would be great, but I leave town on the 5th of May for California to go to a class. Sorry!!! I will miss this one. Hope to see all after I get back. Think of a deep blue ocean while you are in the water on any map and I will be the submarine you do not see!!! Good luck to all - have a great time. **Sighs while lost in a faraway land**

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 02, 2001 01:46 PM            
make sure someone takes screen shots, 'cause we are celebrating mothers day early and I'll be out all day.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Hunter
posted May 02, 2001 01:53 PM            
Count me in. Get ready to rumble.

------------------
Stop the gibber jabber I Need Work! =DNX= Hunter

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 02, 2001 05:31 PM         
Whar-hoo! Sounds like fun! Hope I can make it! The Ramp will run red with the blood of the unwashed - or something

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 02, 2001 10:35 PM            
Crap,it is Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!Oh well,I'll just take mine out to lunch.Lets make it whatever time Matrix said(8 EST?).Its only a couple hours later and that might be a good time to get more players.Hey,face it,we can't please all the people all the time.I've missed the last 2 or 3 of these things and i'm not going to miss this one
We need to decide on where to have it.It would have to be a server with no CTF and sucky maps.Or we coud take a gamble and play on a regualr server and hope its all good DM maps.
Hehe,Sailor.........remember... I was a Sonar Tech.I'll find you in that puddle Hey,that would be a cool mod weapon.Have a complete water map with torpedos,muhahhahahahahhahaha

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited May 02, 2001).]

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 03, 2001 03:44 AM            
Hmm... been playing this since before 1.0 release, but I've never even participated in an 'official' arranged match. Maybe I should show up.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 03, 2001 04:13 AM            
you haven't made it to a DDM Skan?Man,you haven't seen nuth'n yet Ah,the carnage.No sucky bots to get in your way.Humans vs Humans.Its what seperates us from the animals
Well,so far we had about 3 or 4 saying they would come.Wheres the rest of ya!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are is ya yella Anybody who posts in this forum(and dosen't have other *important* plans),needs to be there.Or else you get no respect Lets see,according to LDA theres 1000+ registered people to this forum and we can only get 5 or 6 to come to a game!?????????????????????????????????????

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited May 03, 2001).]

IP:

peeeto
posted May 03, 2001 05:13 AM         
i don't think i can make it, but if i can, i'll be there

IP:

JVortex
posted May 03, 2001 01:24 PM            
im too unreliable (internet time wise) to say either way.

you guys should probably pick a server (Skandranons?) where the sys opp is right there so that if a crappy map comes up he can switch it to something different.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 03, 2001 01:40 PM         
Yeah, JV is right. The SOP could even make the bad boards go away.

IP:

Karldar
posted May 03, 2001 03:33 PM            
I should be there.

Oh, and btw, if you take the "bad" boards out of the server configuration, you don't have to worry about one poppin' up. My server's prolly a bit small to be hosting a DDM, but I could send someone the map list I'm using if needed. Remember, mine has no CTF, psychedelic maps, or tank luge.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 03, 2001 04:22 PM            
Fine with me, just let me know ahead of time, and I'll set up an appropriate server, with appropriate maps. (DM Caldera is always bloody, for instance...) I'll even try and be there this time, time permitting.

FYI stuff:
The machine my servers are on has survived its upgrade and seems stable. It's a PII/400 with 192MB running W2K on 10/100 Ethernet to a Gigabit connection to a campus backbone. Should be quick enough in the evenings when no students are around.

Also, both servers have already eliminated 'crap maps' for the most part, anyway. No heavy ice maps like Tank Luge, no Moon, and a few others taken out. And DM Caldera is a personal fave, so it's in the list like six times. *chuckle* (For a few of you: I know, I like Moon as well, but I got complaints)
I can customize the list, if necessary, and set it up to run stock 1.5.9, 1.0.1-style, DM, or CTF, whatever's the consensus.

Post here and I'll try and remember to check it; if you want to make your wishes known for CERTAIN, then email me at skandranon@tranquility.net

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted May 03, 2001 04:37 PM            
Karldar-> -------------------|)~
There you are.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted May 03, 2001 07:11 PM            
ohohohohohoh count me in WAIT NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST REMBERED!!!!!!!!!! TM KEEPS FREEZEING!!!! YOU GUYS GOTTA HELP ME WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Eats mouse pad* I wanna come to a DM for once. well errrr twice HELP!!!!!!!! i have diamond viper V7700D card i think. Tm just stops running all of a sudden right after count down!! HELP!!!!!!!!!11

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 03, 2001 09:37 PM            
Super - I have a new stealth sub (cannot be detected by sonar!!)hehe. So no matter what you do I will still be invisible. Have a good time and frag a few for me. ** Fades off to the airport and gets transported to a faraway land without the ability to contact the world of tanks **.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 03, 2001 09:47 PM            
Hey GOLDANT, ya may wanna consider upgrading your PC to a VIC-20

*cough*

Seriouly though i get this prob, the whole pc freezes and i have to reset the pc the hard way - reboot takes 4 mins to get back in a game. BW , this is nuthin to do with TM on my machine cos it happens in battlezone too.

Anyone know why when windows kicks in on a reboot why it just stops dead b4 the start bar appears - most annoying, needs another reboot.....

DLL maybe ?

-=[/2]=- www.dnxworld.com

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 04, 2001 12:00 AM            
Matrix, GoldAnt, both of you email me your EXACT computer configurations at skandranon@tranquility.net and I'll see what I can come up with. (my job is university computer consultant, and I monkey with the beige boxes in my spare time for kicks, might be able to help)

Send me info like:
Windows version and when it was last installed and patched
CPU type
Motherboard type and BIOS version (did you ever upgrade the BIOS?)
Memory (speed and size at least, brand would help)
Video card type and current driver version
Sound card type and current driver
Hard drives, CD(RW) drives, everything.
What brand of case and power supply and if you have it on a powerstrip or UPS system (yes, those make a difference!)
What else...

How about, what software do you have running at startup? Lots of stuff in the System Tray?
When do your problems happen, and I mean specifically. Are they only with certain games, all games, any time in Windows, etc.

Here's a hint on how to get SOME of the information I need - go to http://www.sisoftware.demon.co.uk/ and download Sisoft Sandra and install it. (it's 2.7 meg and they should have plenty of links for it)

Then run Sisoft Sandra 2001 SE. It has a TON of utilities and benchmarks, but what we're interested in is 'Create a Report Wizard' at the bottom of its window. Run that, and let it just select everything in the first menu, and if you have a lot of time to let your computer run, let all the benchmarks in the second menu run (not quite as essential, but might be useful), and let all the others run as well.

Basically, make sure everything's checked in all the windows, unless you're short on time or afraid your computer will crash in the process, and then uncheck the benchmarks in the second list.

However... it might be useful to know which of the benchmarks it crashes on, if any!

You can pretty much go with the other defaults, and just let it create a text file and save it to disk. Find that file, mail it to me, and I'll see if anything glaring sticks out.

I can't promise anything (it's hell trying to remotely troubleshoot a machine...), but since I'm certain I could fix it in person, I'll give it a shot from a distance.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 04, 2001 12:26 AM            
Sure,that would ge great of you host the DM Skan.Oh,and the Moon map is not crap,it happens to be my favorite I guess we decided on 8 EST this Sunday.That'll give you some heads-up.I gess we need about 5 good,1.59 DM maps.

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 04, 2001 12:38 AM            
Okay, barring disaster, I'll have it set.

Suggestions on maps?
Ramp? Caldera? Camel Backs? Volcano? Hell Plains? Green Monster? High Plateau?
In the Ring? DM Cone? Spikey? Steppes? Armageddon?

Random maps, or pick out half a dozen good ones and set them to just rotate in order?

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 04, 2001 12:41 AM         
Skan - It would be cool for you you host. 2 ?'s:
Can you have the boards alternated between "classic" and Modded

How many people can play w/out lagging? -Maybe you should be prepared to have 2 servers ready JIC. Then the top 3-4 from each server after 3 games could meet on one server for 2 final games.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 04, 2001 12:45 AM         
1 more thing- could you cut the # of shadow keeper shots down to 10? It is a great weapon but we don't want games decided by who finds the shadow. - Plus, there is no guilt in using it

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 04, 2001 01:10 AM            
Well, only way I could run two servers reliably would be one on my home machine, one on the other server (same machine is running both of my current servers). We'll just have to see what it can handle. Dunno yet.

Also, one can't just switch the same server between 1.0.1 and 1.5.9 very easily - it'd be much quicker to just move to another machine/server.

Finally, the Shadow Keeper. Well, I'm inclined to agree it's a bit cheap, but I'd only do that if everyone requested it. I'd prefer a 'stock' game, if possible. When do you stop modding? Everyone also knows the Plasma Cannon is pitifully weak in its current version, should I decrease the reload time on it, too? I'd say just leave 'em alone, and if someone gets the Shadow, well, it's time to slap 'em down. I think I can handle someone with a Shadow, personally. They often get overconfident.

Hell, if we're that worried about it, I wouldn't be above 'Temporary truce - someone get a Cruise missile and kill that prick.' *chuckle* Lord knows I've had that done to me a few times on my better nights. (Quoth someone anonymous: 'I'm tired of this SH**! Everybody get Skan!' - quite honestly, that gives me a warm feeling inside. )

I'm not the best, but I think I can hold my own against most of you, even with a Shadow.

One last thing: No Tron tank for this one, and if you do use it, warning: I will be lowering its speed, and perhaps armor on my servers. That thing's too cheesy - good armor, good acceleration, a top speed 16% higher than most other tanks, and so low it's hard to hit with any turret gun. I love the tank, but its unbalancing.

EDIT: Hmm... I was wrong. My beloved T72 has a top speed of 50... the Tron has a top speed of 70! Okay, that's just wrong, gotta be changed. I'm going to have to do some research into armor/acceleration/top speed/mass/handling/friction of tanks. Maybe make a minor mod that gives the different vehicles more 'character'. You know, Claymore should be impossibly tough for such a big target, but handle like a pig, for instance.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

[This message has been edited by Skandranon (edited May 04, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 04, 2001 04:57 AM            
Yes,do not modify anything unless you have to.The Shadow is unfair only when it is reloaded.Whats the avererage Shadow kill,3 or 4.You could get that many with a nuke.If somebody is fortunate enough to get it,oh well......should be 3 or 4 easy kills.
Even though some do not like the homing weapons in 1.5,its part of the game and all I play with.So to go unguided would be like setting a new game in front of me.Its not really unfair when everybody has guided weapons too.The trick is to not get hit by them
I would also rather have all people compete in all the games like we did in the past.Just a straight up DDM like we have always had before.Thats all I ask.5 games,may the best man win.
BTW,it would help to have the server(s) up a little in adavance so we can all meet on there(and get a little practice in).We usually all gather together and make it known that it is about to start.Then the SysOp loads up the first map.Thats the way we have done it before and it had always worked out good for us.
G'nite

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2