|
Author Topic:   Mod Program will support AddOns soon! v1.3
blandy
posted April 29, 2001 08:19 AM            
Yep! Might as well make it so U can do allsorts a **** in the AddOns folder! Dunno when I will have it done?

Anyway, gotta go!
http://icb.cjb.net

Go forth and kick-ass!

IP:

swisher
posted April 29, 2001 06:22 PM            
Along those lines... I'm writing a program to assure that addons are valid. This program, ENTegrety, will check every line of every .ent file, chasing all other .ent fiels, etc. Basically, you'll point it to a weapon.ent, and it'll do the rest. Checking to assure that every line has a known keyword for the type (weapon, explo, sound, explosphere, projectile, etc.). Any and all errors are reported and pointed out to you (with file name, line number, and even column number).

Blandy, we could interface. I'll set it up to be command line driven. A user will click ENTegrety Check, and you'll simply launch my program, passing the paths and weapon.ent file name.

ENTegrety will assure that every .bmp, luv, .lwo, .ent, .wav, etc. file referneced in a weapon mod is there and that every line has a valid parameter.

It's coming along nicely. Thanks again, Peeeto, for the files.

Later.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

Rex R
posted April 29, 2001 08:29 PM            
well that sounds easier than running a server then having to check the log, then chase things down(could wish that all modders would use your upcomming prog)

IP:

swisher
posted April 29, 2001 09:02 PM            
Rex R:

Actually, you'll be able to run it yourself before installing weapons into production. You'd simply unzip to a directory other than TM and then run ENTegrety. It'll prompt you for the sub-dir of the weapon file using standard Windows explorer-like dialog. You navigate to the Weapon.ent file in the sub-dir where you unzipped the file{s) and viola!

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited April 29, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted April 29, 2001 09:21 PM            
ah well you see I've been helping JV debug the server pack...and we have found some er typos and other things which when corrected and put on the server should improve matters. soo thats why the comment was made.

IP:

JVortex
posted April 30, 2001 12:27 AM            
the checker sounds great so far. and combining the 2 programs into one sounds even better! keep it up you 2!

you make the progs and ill make the mods...

out of curiosity tho, wont it be hard to make the prog check first the addons folder then go and check into the main folders? seems like it would be to me. just wondering.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

swisher
posted April 30, 2001 01:22 AM            
No problem with addons for my program. The actual inerface between me and blandy will be (if he wants it) a simple execute on his side to run my program. He'll do something like: "Execute ENTegrety.exe "C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\entities\Weapon\Weapon.ent" "C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\" "C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\Addons\"

The format of the command varies for each language. Blany's program is written in Visual Basic. ENTegrety is written in GLPro.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

blandy
posted April 30, 2001 12:22 PM            
I'm sure we can have a dig at it! Don't C Y not! Should B cool in the end!!

GLPro? Never heard of that before!! I must admit that I'd like 2 use C++ for programming but I'm only usingthe DOS version at the moment!! gonna get into the windows version soon!! Other problem it C++ is **** with strings but its fast and thats the key!! Same with Pascal as well, I know DOS version but now Windows version really!!

I'll just stick 2 VB for now!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted April 30, 2001 12:29 PM         
Blandy:
Hey, you got your mod integrity checker in my gui editor!
Swisher:
Hey, you got your gui mod editor in my integrity checker!

Hey that does sound like it will taste great together. Can't wait, guys!

IP:

swisher
posted May 01, 2001 01:16 AM            
GLPro (graphics Language for PROfessionals) is the only programming language I own with a compiler. It's really a language for multi-media, but is robust enough to do nearly everything. If you wish, check it out : http://glpro.com/glpro/index.html

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited May 01, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 01, 2001 04:10 AM            
Why we are on the subject of mods.......why don't you guys see if you can put your mods in a place on TM's site?Several times I have been in a mod game and somebody comes along that dosen't know what they need to play the mod.So...........I try to think of the various links so I can point them where to get the files.It would be easy to say "Go to teadmarks.com and download the packs.I know your trying to compile the mods into single packs.Just a suggestion.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 01, 2001 04:15 AM            
and a good one at that. 1 would hope that thourghly debugged mod paks would receive if not official status, maybe a nod of recognition with a link to the mods(to the ftp/download page)

IP:

blandy
posted May 01, 2001 04:22 AM            
GLPro only has 670 commands!! It's probably not a bad language but the reason I don't know it is coz it doesn't go into detail when programming! U'll B restricted on what you can do! But it doesn't matter I surpose! I'll B able 2 intergrate it!

P.S. I'll have 2 find U'r prog somehow!! Either I'll search my application directory 4 your prog or U can put a key in the registry so I can find the location of it!

IP:

swisher
posted May 01, 2001 09:22 AM            
Yes, blandy. I think I can have a REG link. If not, I do know I can add a line into the win.ini and you could execute me that way. Perhaps you'll have a button fo ENTegrety and gray it out if you don't find the .ini entry. Or better yet, if they click it and you know I haven't been installed, you could launch the .html page of the hosting site so they can download it (not sure where it will be hosted).

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited May 01, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 01, 2001 11:41 AM            
** Stares in wonder ! **

R E G I S T R Y !!!

** Shudders in a dark corner **

-=[/2]=-

IP:

blandy
posted May 01, 2001 06:55 PM            
I know! I could really **** up the registry but I'm not that sorta person!

Don't add lines in the win.ini, I can get Ur path from there but it's best 2 leave the win.ini alone coz the bigger it gets, the longer it takes windows 2 load up so might as well leave it alone!

Alternate is 2 put a file in the windows directory, (be it call Windows coz some ppl customize the directory different but I can get the path from registry!), and I can simply read it from there! Simply 1 line! Nice and simple!! hehe

And YES! I can open a URL 2 download Ur prog if I cannot find Ur prog on someones comp! Get default browser from registry and load it up!

(Lots of REGISTRY! stuff there!! Could B interesting!)

IP: