|
Author Topic:   Pop3 and Smtp
GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 27, 2001 11:22 PM            
Well..........errrrrrrr................ Help . i just got peagus mailer,,,,, how do i find Pop and Smtp? Please Please PLEASE tell me how. Im getting a yahoo account cause the juno one died. Can i find this on my cpu? how where when why?

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 27, 2001 11:30 PM            
POP and SMTP info is provided by the people where your email account is.Like my ISP's is
pop.[insertispname].net.SMTP is the same but smtp instead of pop.You can usually find it somewhere on their webpage.I'm not too sure about the free stuff though.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 27, 2001 11:39 PM            
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *Beats Fists* Where might i find them on the site? i'll start looking

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 27, 2001 11:42 PM            
Fine then I give up on Yahoo!!!!!! I hate um more than juno now Anybody know of a free mail server? one sorta like juno, except that they won't delete your account because of a bug that made them thing i hacked recomplied there software or soemthing just one day nothing would work on juno anymores

------------------

IP:

JVortex
posted April 28, 2001 12:49 AM            
for yahoo:

POP3: pop.mail.yahoo.com
SMTP: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

there ya go, but u have to go into the account options and make sure to activate the pop access. i use yahoo for mail and ive had no complaints

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 28, 2001 03:23 PM            
YESSSSSSSSSSS YAHOO!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YAHOO!!!!!!!! JUNO IS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks i'll go try it right now Shouts with Joy!!!!!! Smileys for Vortex Smileys!!!! ) : ) ) ) : ) )

------------------

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited April 28, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 28, 2001 03:43 PM         
You could of course go for crosswinds... There's a unlimited webspace account bundled with the mail acocunt

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 28, 2001 05:08 PM            
Kewl. I jus can't decide YEAH JVORTEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORSK!!!!!!!!! SMILEYS MWA HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA ;0

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 28, 2001 06:20 PM            
does anyone know hotmails' pop3 smtp info.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

JVortex
posted April 28, 2001 07:20 PM            
i just went and looked and i dont think hotmail has POP access. they have the option to go and check POP accounts for you, but i couldnt find anything about them actually having POP for themselves. sorry.

and glad i could make an ants day

IP:

JL
posted April 28, 2001 09:28 PM            
Hotmail doesn't have pop accounts but it will work with outlook express just like a pop. You can sign up a for hotmail account in outlook express I think.

[This message has been edited by JL (edited April 28, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 29, 2001 03:37 AM         
Hotmail does _not_ work exactly like a pop account in Outlook. You cannot, for example, apply any "rules" for automatic distribution of mail into different local folder to Hotmail accounts - and that simply totally sucks. Hey, maybe someone should move this topic from the TM general to the main general forum, right?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 30, 2001 01:55 AM            
I'm useing peagus mailer SMILEYS 4 JVORTEX YAHOO!!!!!, i guess i better stop with the exuscive amount smileys or they'll float a spammer icon above all my posts mwa hahaha. Juno is evil, Don't use it, they think you've hacked there system when you accidently log onto there lines with internet explorer Why juno in the connection box if i can't use it!?

------------------

IP:

peeeto
posted April 30, 2001 11:21 AM         
coax: hotmail only offers POP email if you pay to upgrade your account, i think...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 30, 2001 04:17 PM            
sucks, but thanx for the info.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP: