|
Author Topic:   nguk.net DM server
Karldar
posted April 27, 2001 04:56 AM            
Well, seems that my server setup has been adopted by M@lice(and Netgames) for the moment. The nguk.net DM server has my configuration now. Hopefully, Netgames will get some constructive criticism from players and fine tune the server to our liking-cuz I know that not everyone likes my setup . In any case, give it a try if you haven't already.

Now I can use my server to play around with more mods(or anti-mods, whatever ya wanna call 'em). What would ya'll say to my takin' out the MG, fer instance? Just a thought .... Peace out, homies!

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Karldar
posted April 27, 2001 05:41 AM            
Ack! Seems that there are two nguk.net DM servers at the moment. Strangely, both of them seem to have JV's mod package on them, but my description. I'll email M@lice and see what's happenin'.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted April 27, 2001 09:50 AM         
Yep - both are running the Kasplatt pack. One is called NGUK CTF w/ 6/21 and one is NGUK Kasplatt with 3/13. Both seem to be CTF only - from a short obs. Also, there was a bit more lag than usual w/ 1 player - mebbe all the mods? And the messages are still screwy.

Of course, nothing in this world goes off w/out a hitch... I am sure these things will be remedied soon. Gracias, Karldar and JVortex for starting the implementation process

Be sure to jump on the new servers and show NGUK we use em and don't forget to give the old servers some love too

IP:

JVortex
posted April 27, 2001 01:21 PM            
wierd strange and odd. guess ill have to look into that one...

IP:

JVortex
posted April 27, 2001 03:46 PM            
as to them screwey messages, they are really wierd...

1st = someone disconnecting
2nd = someone connecting
Total = switched teams/ AI has joined/ joined team
3rd = switching tanks
7th = flag has been picked up

when these events occur the 1st, 2nd and so on messages are all that appear instead of actually telling u whats going on. i know that this is somehow a problem with something that Malice set up. anyone know the TM program coding well enough to know what the problem is so i can tell him? my first thought was that it was a problem in the sabot file, but i was told that it was happening before the server pack went up. so im completely lost.

anyone????

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 27, 2001 04:03 PM            
i saw the same number thing too. I've never seen that bug before, so I don't have a clue what it may be from.

Hehe, geeeesh coax your no help.

edit: ever think a mod did it?

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

[This message has been edited by coax (edited April 27, 2001).]

IP:

Nemzad
posted April 27, 2001 05:43 PM         
It was giveing those wierd messages before the mods were put in and on both servers, DM (no team play) and on the ctf

IP:

The Weatherman
posted April 28, 2001 02:34 AM         
Think there could be errors in a reference to lines.text? That is where all of the correct messages are. This would probably not be changed by a server package.

IP:

Rex R
posted April 28, 2001 03:01 AM            
the problem is ng(uk) has the wrong lines.txt file I believe that they have the 1 from 1.5 and what they need is 1 for version 1.59 (difference is 1.59 has the ctf msg's, at least 7 additional lines)

IP:

JVortex
posted April 28, 2001 01:44 PM            
so if i track down my copy of "lines.txt" and send it to Malice all should be good then?

IP:

Rex R
posted April 28, 2001 02:24 PM            
perhaps. I have not tried doing the reverse to see if the sever msg's match. will advise

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 02, 2001 08:03 AM         
Just went solo on the NGUK DM server (not a bathroom joke) and it was laggy von scraggy. I hope that it is not always like that as it is quite unplayable - I have the newest kasplatt updates, too. I have been hoping that the medium ping on these servers wouldn't be an issue. Please post any experiences w/ these servers here.

Karldar- Does Malice have your update?

JV - got the plasma shoveler once and it seems pretty cool.

IP:

JVortex
posted May 03, 2001 12:55 PM            
im not sure what the deal is with the nguk servers. ive played on them quite a few times and when i was the only person on the server sometimes it ran smooth as can be and a couple times it was far too laggy to even attempt. there have also been a couple times where there were like 5 people on there and it ran smooth. ill email malice and ask him about it.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Karldar
posted May 03, 2001 03:45 PM            
M@lice should have my server mods and config-he received the zip I sent him anyway(it was only about 9K). Nothing has changed on my server since then to require an update IMO. I believe that somehow the mods and configurations got a bit mixed up over there in the beginning and once he sorted the servers out the DM wound up with mods and he defaulted to a CTF as the second server. I haven't talked to him lately cuz it was my understanding that we only have slots for 2 servers there-and we've got 2 servers. I can contact him again if anyone would rather play on my server than CTF-or mebbe we could alternate server settings....

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 04, 2001 12:43 AM         
Hey Karldar - My .02 is you should see if you can make the CTF into a classic server. I wouldn't mind seeing some CTF maps on it though

IP:

JVortex
posted May 04, 2001 05:53 PM            
i agree. there isnt probably a whole lot of point to a CTF only server. the clasic server is a much better idea.

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 04, 2001 06:24 PM            
But we've already got a Classic Server! *plug plug*

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 04, 2001 08:16 PM         
Yeah, and we have been making good use of it I appreciate that you have recently updated your server setup, too. Karldar did have a popular classic server up for a couple of weeks (and I think it is back)- when the NGUK setup was happening and servers were v/scarce- that was pretty sweet as well. Back then, it was decided to have 1 modded and 1 unmodded server...
I think the unthinkable has happened - there are more servers (7!) than players. I would like to have it so that the most popular setups were used for the NGUK servers to keep their usage logs blipping and keep the servers up. I really believe that this won't be a problem once the new demo is out... hopefully we will have lots of new playmates . But of course- the personal servers need love, too. Ideas anyone? We could always make the NGUK a demo server later on and Skan and Karldar can have their cool classics.

C'mon - if you have an opinion, voice it! What should we do with the NGUK CTF server?

IP: