|
Author Topic:   Think I found a nice speedy server
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 24, 2001 10:59 PM            
I've emailed several companies,over the last few days, which host servers for games.This company was the first to reply:

"We would be absolutely delighted to host the game.

However if we do start hosting the game, we would also like to produce a
website for it which will become part of the new MPZ gaming network (see http://www.mpz.co.uk:90 for a preview). We will provide support forums, a
new site design, columns etc etc.

Can you also provide some bandwidth usage details and required PC spec for
the server.

Thanks mate and speak to you soon!

Mike Way
Director
MPZ"

Well,can you guys tell me where to get the info this guy needs.I'm kinda green when it comes to running servers

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 24, 2001 11:05 PM            
Oh yeah,it looks as though its not going to be your traditional TM server.I think you might have to use a utility to connect to a server.If thats the case,it could be good for us because it looks like it has a ton of features.I don't really know because I didn't totally check out the site.I'm not sure if we'd be able to connect to the server through the game.I don't know.........tell me what you think.Oh yeah,I think I got MSN Gaming Zone to put TM up on their network!!!!!!!!!

IP:

JVortex
posted April 25, 2001 01:00 AM            
i tried to look page refused to load for me, sorry.

IP:

peeeto
posted April 25, 2001 01:44 AM         
try just plain old http://www.mpz.co.uk

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 25, 2001 04:37 AM            
Yeah,I had the same problem.Just take port 90 off of it.I managed to look at the site and everything professional done and these people want to run servers for us.I even told him about running specialty mod servers and he said that would be no problem.I just need to get him the info that he needs to get it up and going.I'm glad to see Netgames up and running alond with some other servers, so we may not need this.Is there a such of thing as too many servers You guys with server nohow need to look at this service and give me the info the guy needs if you want the servers.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 25, 2001 12:37 PM            
Damn fine work super......

Ill transfer this mail to our own messageboard for some of the guys to read who dont post here - its all good

-=[/2]=-

IP:

The Weatherman
posted April 25, 2001 01:05 PM         
Great job Super,
Who knows, maybe we will need the bandwith when the m-player demo is released!
As for tapping the know how of our current servers, how about you gents and or LDA working up a tutorial/faq on how to setup run a personal server? There are a lot of people who are up to trying this out .

I sense a wonderful chaos building

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 25, 2001 05:48 PM            
That woud be great Weatherman.I thought there was a readme for running a server in the TM directory,but I don't seem to be able to find it.

IP:

MightyMikeMPZ
posted June 13, 2001 05:46 AM            
Hi Chaps

Mike from MPZ here, were still very keen!

Whats going on?

IP:

JVortex
posted June 13, 2001 01:55 PM            
i just cruised over to the site and it looks like it would be a great thing to have! ill start looking into this

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 01:59 PM            
Cool man..........Forgot about you Check your email.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 13, 2001 02:57 PM            
hrmmmmmmm MSN Zone. Thats where i played ANTS!! wonderful little game Look for my clan their "The Golden Ants" and also see about 2 dozen other Golden Ant clans Cept mines the oldest so whats that tell you mwa hahahahhahahahahahahhaha. What cna I say

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 13, 2001 03:03 PM            
Looks great I just hope I don't have to check two TM forums everyday ones already to much for me

Edited: Mike, whos the man with Red Antlers coeming outa his head?

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited June 13, 2001).]

IP: