|
Author Topic:   The NetGames Kasplattt Mirror Poll
JVortex
posted April 24, 2001 06:48 PM            
OK people. I have my poll form done. go here to place your votes and put in your .02 on what u want to see there and how u want it set.
http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/html/TM/_poll.htm

or head to www.bzrpg.com and link in from there.

not thats its an email form in disguise so your browsers will probably put up a warning box to send it.

i HOPE that the form is plenty clear enough. im guessing it will probably take about 5 to 10 minutes to fill out. the page is large and will take some time to load on a 56K connection, be patient.

General plan: take input from the polling for for about 3 or 4 days (or less if enough people use it right away) and then put together a test mod package to be play tested on one of the servers before shipping a final product to Malice. after a couple days of playtesting and making any changes people deem fit it will then be shipped off to Malice for posting on the kickin fast server .

i also still need someones help with what to set the server config settings at when shipping the final mod off. ill repost his specs here:
"The connection is a 100mb/sec Ethernet going out via 3 Gb/sec pipe. the server is a Dual p3 1000mhz / 500+ mb ram and all hard drives are scsi."

any help please

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 24, 2001 07:45 PM            
I'm scared of that form JV its very-very long.

edit: when malice sets up the new servers, I say we have an inagual DDM!

For those newbies a DDM is a Deadliest Death Match. 6 plus players duking it out to be #1, i may not even participate since I should let someone else be in the spotlight.
------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

[This message has been edited by coax (edited April 24, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted April 24, 2001 07:56 PM            
i kno the form turned out pretty long, sorry bout that. didnt really intend it, but u kno me once i get to typin something...

on the bright side tho the form is "pre-filled in" if you want to look at it that way. most all of the various fields are already set with "default" values. so really all anyone needs to do is give it a glance and make a change here and there as they see fit. i hope that most things people can ignore and just pretty much skim thru the form.

i wanted the thing to be as complete as i could get it.

sorry to scare ya!

[edit]
and i did notice that i left something out! heh. i forgot to put in there what maps people DONT want to have on the server (not including the wierd psyco maps which are on the form). my personal vote is to get rid of the ice maps except for the CTF one and the one thats fairly flat w/ a few bumps here and there (dont recall the name). so i suppose just post here any maps that u dont want to see.

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited April 24, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 24, 2001 09:17 PM            
nuthin wrong with havin a long one m8

my bits done.......

-=[/2]=- www.dnxworld.com

IP:

The Weatherman
posted April 24, 2001 10:34 PM         
Sent mine in JV - may have accidentally sent 2 as the first time it said it didn't go through - maybe add email confirmation so that you know it sent?

IP:

JVortex
posted April 25, 2001 01:05 AM            
thanks for the replies and support so far guys. im gonna begin work on compiling it all. may as well compile it in HTML as well as any other format right? ill begin posting results on my site as they come in tomorow.

also just in case anybody happens to wonder; im not keeping your email address, ill only keep long enough to reply if need be. and also the only reason i ask for a name on the form is because it helps me to organize things. names will not be included on the results page.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted April 25, 2001 01:16 PM         
Just a quick question on what determines game quality - ie smoothness and lack of lag.

Is it soley determined by pings or is the pipe size too? I have played the netgames server at 200-400 ping and no detectable choppiness. Will big pipes allow large groups to play a stable game without choppiness even if the ping is moderately high? "The connection is a 100mb/sec Ethernet going out via 3 Gb/sec pipe. the server is a Dual p3 1000mhz / 500+ mb ram and all hard drives are scsi."
Please reply if you have an idea. Also report if you have experienced any lag with the netgames servers and howmany humans were on.

Also, what is league play? Malice won't allow it. Is league play basically restricting the server to only players of a certain team?

I sense a wonderful chaos building

IP:

Rex R
posted April 25, 2001 01:52 PM            
I think league play would defined as any thing that restricts access to only a few (a closed clan war with only the competing clans allowed on the server) don't think our 'clan wars' quite qualify (course we didn't have that sort of server support)

IP:

JVortex
posted April 25, 2001 02:49 PM            
ya, i saw that too, i assume he only meant that he will "under no circumstances" or something such restrict the allowable group of players to any one sect or afilation or limping group.

not a problem

IP: