|
Author Topic:   Email campaign
The Weatherman
posted April 22, 2001 01:46 AM         
Okay Troops, we need more bandwith. Please write to malice@netgames-uk.net and suggestions@homelanfed.com and ask that they host a 1.59 server pretty-pretty please.

In a way, It has been nice to actually see 2 many people on a given server

Reply to this post if you do email so we can see how many bodies have joined in. Also post any replies you get. Maybe suggest new people you see in-game to check out this post and the forum if they haven't used it yet.

I sure wish Jim would give some indication on if that T1 will come through.

Again - it has been great playing w/ y'all and extra thanks to those that serve!

------------------
The Treadmonkey formerly known as johnsan

IP:

Vlad
posted April 22, 2001 08:58 AM            
Something tells me that Homelan isn't going to be too helpful. It looks like the 1.0.1 Full servers are gone. They disappeared a few days ago, and people actually played on those.

IP:

swisher
posted April 22, 2001 02:20 PM            
I've done my duty.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

The Weatherman
posted April 22, 2001 02:28 PM         
Yeah, I know that chaces of getting the servers back are slim, but getting just 1 high throughput server would be an improvement. Doesn't hurt to try, though.

Anyone know of any other dedicated servers that might be talked into hosting?

-Thakns Swisher

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 22, 2001 06:31 PM            
Not off the top of my head,BUT,i'll make it my pet project to find one.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 22, 2001 08:42 PM            
*Coughs,ah ahem a-hem.* Unforseen chaos has a T1 *JOY!* you might try asking him

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 22, 2001 10:43 PM            
i asked him early on but im not sure he understands server code - ill get on it right away - thx m8.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

The Weatherman
posted April 23, 2001 07:32 AM         
Woo-hoo! Malice@netgames-uk.net just sent this reply:
"I'll put up a server today. Let me know what kind and also include a config for it and the jobs done."

Does anyone know what the heck he is talking about? I have zero experience with servers. Please let me know what to tell Malice. I was thinking that an unmodded server would be best to start out with... Maybe if Kalrdar's classic recipie is a hit we can have that implemented later.

I repeat, Wooo-hooo! Also, any emails to Malice should go from beg mode to thanks mode. Be sure to use this server when it is up!

------------------
The Treadmonkey formerly known as johnsan

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited April 23, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted April 23, 2001 01:58 PM            
im not sure what he means by "what kind", but what hes after is a no brain work setup i believe. he wants the mod package sent all ready to go and the dedicated config file already set up to run so that he doesnt have to tinker with anything to get it to work, just start up and go.

so me thinks.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Hunter
posted April 23, 2001 02:23 PM            
I sent a thank you to Malice.
I think we should all try to vote on which mod to go with on the server. I personally like most of the stuff on Kasplatts server better than Kalrdars (sorry) And by all means please let the tron tanks be available god I love those tanks.

------------------
Stop the gibber jabber I got a Server =DNX=

IP:

The Weatherman
posted April 23, 2001 02:24 PM         
Okay, in interest of getting the servers up, how about one of our great servers send their package in to malice@netgames-uk.net. Malice said they could be up as early as tomorrow. Please make sure that anything you send is thoroughly battle tested and fragger approved because I don't know how much Malice (Crue Dawson) will be into swaping server settings once they are set.

I guess I was imagining the big servers to be for mass events and favorite mods and the personal servers to be for testing out new mods, new game ideas, and smaller, more intimate grudge/death matches

Hey Hunter - good to know - there seems to be 2+ schools of thought on the best type of server and that is awesome. I think malice is giving us 2 or more servers so everybody can play the kind of game they want. Karldar and Kasplatt seem to be the champions of the server schools, so they should be the ones to send in their settings, please. Now we just got to make sure there are bodies on the servers so they don't get yanked!

Thanks to those who mailed in and as always thanks to the servers.

Catch ya in fragland - The Weatherman

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited April 23, 2001).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 23, 2001 09:42 PM            
I'VE GOT IT!!!!! YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!!! MW AHAHAHAAHAHAHA just joking DUDYMAS'S TREADMARKS IN A MICROWAVE SERVER AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.? watcha think? its a thing where it has the classical wewapons. And all the explosions r minor nuke explos. it was great!!!!!! But of course last time i played on it was when i was still in demo. Leamie dig it out and all send it to you weatherman.

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 23, 2001 09:44 PM            
......... OHOHOHOHOHOHOH and there were medium craters....... YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN THE AIR STIRKE TWAS BETTER THAN A NUKE. Not for damage but for the show

------------------

IP:

JVortex
posted April 23, 2001 10:25 PM            
posting a miror of the Kasplattt server sounds all good to me. there is currently a Kasplattt server update (well 3 actually) on my site that does contain the tron tank as well as like 25 or so other tanks and also around the same amount of new weapons. this update has yet to be posted into the Kasplattt server however as Kasplattt hasnt been around much lately with work and all.

i just emailed mr. weather-dude and gave him the what-for on this. the entire Kasplattt server addon package is located on my site. the only file not there is the dedicated.cfg file, which would have to be changed anyhow for Malice to use. what i could do is post a new combined Kasplattt addon package once all the details are sorted out with Malice and the totals are in for what every one wants. i just emailed him and will post new info here as i get it.

may as well continue with this idea in this topic. i dont know what the server settings should be for Malice's connection speed yet, so once i find out ill post it here so i can ask the rate to set the cfg file at. aside from that may as well have everyone join in here for how to do the rest of the settings.

my vote is for a DM server w/ out the, umm... whatever you call them maps, the futuristic thingies with the psychadellic skyboxes and wild terrain (they screw with my comp and slow me down a lot). also how many bots? how many teams? all bots on one team? auto bot removal on join? Modified/ toned down Wonkey? (a new tank names file? ). if we take some time on this it can be a complete comunity server instead of something thats rushed too much to the point that no one is really happy with.

as i understand it Malice wants this to be esentially a very low maintenence server for him. i have asked him if updates could be sent via self extracting exe files already, so that some changes can be made later on.

IF you guys all want to run a bigger and better Kasplattt version server then i can get that all set up. If you want to do a different mod package then thats ok as well, im not meaning to jump the gun here. but regardless we should start up with probably a (new topic?) few ideas on how people want this new server to be set up.

and a HUGE pat on the back to The Weatherman
and a LARGE thank you to Malice as well. lets hear some ideas.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP: