|
Author Topic:   My failed attempt at a 1.5.9 server with 1.0.1 weapons
swisher
posted April 21, 2001 09:43 PM            
I tried to create a server with zero-guidance weapons.

I did fresh installs of both full versions 1.0.1 and 1.5.0 I then applied the 1.5.9 update to 1.5.0.

I then deliberately copied all 1.0.1 folders over the top of the 1.5.9 folders. I only copied the folders: scores, sound, objects, maps, Docs, entities, Addons, and art. I did NOT copy the root files (.cfg files, .exe files, etc.).

I then started this new 1.5.9 server and it seemed to come up and run ok.

BUT when I started up my un-adulterated 1.5.9 version of Tread Marks, I could not see the server that I had just launched. That is, I could not join the game because it was not visible on the master server.

I confirmed that the master server IP address was OK (216.101.212.117). I even brought up a 1.0.1 game to see if I could see my 1.5.9 server there, but it was not.

Well, it was worth a try. Any advice?

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

Kaeto
posted April 21, 2001 10:19 PM            
Yeah - don't do it that way. Just lower the friction and fix the guidance, and that's as close to 1.0.1 as you can get.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 21, 2001 11:01 PM            
BUMP !

IP:

Karldar
posted April 22, 2001 12:13 AM            
Swisher, all I did was take out the guidance lines in the entities\projectiles folders for the weapons I wanted to "revert" back to 1.0.1. Well, first I created an alternate AddOns folder to put them in-guideAddOns. Then, when I want to use them, I rename it AddOns so it uses those projectile entities instead of the guided ones. I like the friction the way it is tho. Hope this helps.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

peeeto
posted April 22, 2001 05:39 PM         
just my $0.02: i appreciate having a "Classic TM" server, regardless of the camera situation.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 26, 2001 03:40 PM            
Only copy the following dirs:
Entities/Projectiles
Entities/TankGod

If you want to eliminate the new maps copy:
Maps

DO NOT copy:
Docs
Music

These files cannot transfer between the two version. Docs contains version specific info and will cause the game NOT to run. The music format has changed so don't copy that folder...it won't crash the game but you will get no music.

All other folders you "can" copy but you have no "need" to copy.

--Random Chaos
(Hope this helps...I wish my site was up - I'd just post this mod if it was)
For anyone who needs my e-mail, its mcney@megsinet.net right now.

IP: