|
Author Topic:   I want Treadmarks in a window!!!
coax
Administrator
posted April 20, 2001 04:37 PM            
Everytime i start it it starts in full screen mode and i have to press f8 to bring it to the windowed version. Does anyone know the code to put in in order to have it start in the windowed version.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Nemzad
posted April 20, 2001 04:57 PM         
I'm not sure if ya got a window at all or not. I got a fullsize window and I then resized it by dragging the edges in. Make sure ya got the setting in the graphic options set to windowed. Hope this helps ya.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 20, 2001 05:08 PM            
didn't help, it still won't start in windowed mode, thats what i want it to do

------------------

IP:

JVortex
posted April 20, 2001 08:18 PM            
You should try what Nemzad said again, except for one thing. doing it that way (by going into the options) after u change it u must exit the game by hitting back and quit (must hit quit to exit) to save that option. if once youre in the window u just hit the X in top left to close it wont save the option and it will start full screen next time. i had that trip me up once a few days ago.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 20, 2001 11:01 PM            
When you run TM in a window,is there a minus sign to minimize it in the top corner?I have a problem when I try to alt-tab the game(mainly because i leave ICQ running and somebody is trying to talk to me).sometimes the entire computer locks down when I try to alt-tab.Get nothing but a black screen like TM didn't fully minimize.Anyway.....If I could run it in a window and minimize it by clicking on the minus sign,that might bypass my problem.

IP:

JVortex
posted April 20, 2001 11:25 PM            
yup super, there sho be. i always run TM in a winder at 800 x 600 w/ my screen res set at 1024. that way i can still see my desktop and watch what other progs are doing. it also seems to tax the video card less too when it comes to switching. altho (on mine at least) TM really doesnt like to be minimized and then restored, takes a long time to redraw the screen.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 21, 2001 01:02 AM            
I think therea a cfg file in the main folder. Open that with notepad. Theres something in there about fullscreen and windowed just change that

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 21, 2001 03:40 AM            
i exited correctly and it still didn't do it.

------------------

IP: