|
Author Topic:   Tread Marks Mod Program!
blandy
posted April 16, 2001 08:10 PM            
Just created it the other day! Cool prog lets you easily modify the weapon .ent files!
I'll B creating more programs soon!!

Goto my website and download it... http://icb.cjb.net

IP:

JVortex
posted April 16, 2001 09:26 PM            
wow, and cool and much going on. that thing has some serious potential!! ive been asking about a prog like that for quite a while now. there was one made a sometime back that refused to run on my computer and the author had given up on it a long time ago...

most people seem to like working in a text editor to do the mods, but myself i would prefer a GUI for doing it.

keep goin on it man!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 17, 2001 10:23 AM         
How about some screenshots?

IP:

JVortex
posted April 17, 2001 12:43 PM            
well, lets see if my server will let me link a picture ot not

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted April 17, 2001 02:32 PM            
Looks pretty nice - especially kinda foolproof - but I think I still prefer Chuck's prog, since it's definitely more powerful.

Chuck, in case you're reading this - a entity entry database would be a cool addition to your editor - maybe even letting the user select entries from a dropdown or sidebar menu (with tooltips? ).
Templates for different standard entity tapes would be a great thing, too - sth. like, say,

code:

Name = (insert your text here)
Mesh = (insert your text here)
Type = (insert your text here)
etc...

For different entity types. That would make it way easier to create new classes (or do I confuse class/type order here? never mind) without stripping the prog of the power it provides right now.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 17, 2001 02:49 PM            
don't listen to dreamer your program looks great and far less complicated then chucks. Plus its "pretty" and easy for a beginner(like myself although i hate to admit it) to edit. I see some real potential with it.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 17, 2001 04:05 PM         
coax, blandy, don't get me wrong - I really like the prog. I, too, think that it's ideal for beginners and those who want to trade comfortable editing for absolute control, especially if you take into account that with Tread Edit, you have barely more than a specialized text editor, if you wish to look at it that way (I don't).

IP:

JVortex
posted April 17, 2001 11:31 PM            
i could never get tread edit to run on my comp . whats your secret? i have it on here still (in hopes...) but i get a "runtime error 9 - subscript out of range" error each time...
i contacted chuck and he said he had no clue and stopped working on/ supporting it a long time ago. anyone have any ideas what that error is and how to fix it?

personally i think this one has a great GUI. it would be a lot better than text editing everything, once all the propper fields are there anyhow

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

blandy
posted April 19, 2001 07:44 PM            
Mod prog error!

Probably vb4 runtime files missing!

Goto my site and into Tread Marks link and U'll find vb4runtime.exe! Run it and it'll put the nessary files on 4 U and it SHOULD! work then! (one hopes!)
http://icb.cjb.net

IP:

blandy
posted April 19, 2001 07:44 PM            
Mod prog error!

Probably vb4 runtime files missing!

Goto my site and into Tread Marks link and U'll find vb4runtime.exe! Run it and it'll put the nessary files on 4 U and it SHOULD! work then! (one hopes!)
http://icb.cjb.net

IP: