|
Author Topic:   Where is everbody?
johnsan
posted April 16, 2001 05:10 PM            
No, this is not a complaint about a lack of humans- I can usually find a game from 7pm to 3am CST. What I am wondering is where most people are from on the earth (or solar system). I know most people are from the states but, for example, SSS is in China. One of those just curious questions.....

------------------
-The Weatherman in Austin, TX
So close, yet so dumb....

[This message has been edited by johnsan (edited April 16, 2001).]

IP:

Vlad
posted April 16, 2001 06:43 PM            
Beltsville, MD, USA myself. About 10 miles north of Washington DC

IP:

Hunter
posted April 16, 2001 07:25 PM            
Phoenix, AZ born and raised. Part-time college student at ASU 36 years old. 2 kids 1 wife 1 house 2 dogs, 1 cat 3 computers in the house P233 PII300 PIII533. Need anymore info, huh, huh.....hehe Brand new DSL 1mb internet connection, shhhhh, wife doesnt know. hehe. Going to put a server up pretty soon, nothing fancy just a straight DM server. Can anyone recomend an application that will let me set up two computers using the same connection preferably a freeware or shareware? I am getting a switch pretty soon also.

------------------
Stop the gibber jabber I need Servers =DNX=

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 16, 2001 09:18 PM            
you know this is a great reason to remind everyone about the BIO information and photos on the www.deathmatch-federation.com its the PHOTO ALBUM page, come on guys get contributin and johansens answers can be that much more fun

send all bios - in the same format they are on the DMF and make sure u stick a photo in too

-=[/2]=- www.dnxworld.com

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 16, 2001 10:19 PM            
Nashville,TN(well,actually a little town about 40 miles north,Clarksville).Sorry Matrix,I don't have any recent pictures of myself.The newest one is about 4 or 5 years old.I do have a scanner now so I can copy the picture and upload it,but I'm not sure I want to contribute such a old picture.But,if you want me to present it to you then I will.

IP:

johnsan
posted April 17, 2001 12:38 AM            
Hey Hunter- Is one of your dogs running Windows ME or 98 2nd edition? If so you can use internet connection sharing which is bundled w/ the OS - the details are here: http://www.annoyances.org/win98/features/ics.html (this is also a great site for general windows tuneup and trouble shooting). Al you need is an xtra ethernet card in the host computer and a crossover ethernet cable ~30 clams tops for everything. Works great for me. I wouldn't mind getting info on setting up a part time server either.
Matrix-I'll sen ya sumpin.

------------------
-The Weatherman
So close, yet so dumb....

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 17, 2001 01:35 AM            
so cal

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

johnsan
posted April 17, 2001 01:44 AM            
Hey Coax - I went to your Bios page - good to see another polymer chemist is blowing valuable research time killing people . I'm a Chem Eng at UT Austin.
C'mon you way out people - lets have some TM players in exotic locals...

Ever notice how player Player doesn't chat much?

------------------
-The Weatherman
Living better through chemicals...

IP:

JVortex
posted April 17, 2001 02:44 AM            
as a matter of fact yes, im starting to wonder if he has a keyboard or not. maybe all hes git is a joy stick?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 17, 2001 11:51 AM            
If he has a Razer Boomslang - Woch yer back ! lol

ok johnson, thx man.

ok super np, as n when u manage sumthin.

-=[/2]=-

ps: you DNXers out there, better start posting the forum, theres loads happening - and some of it is TM !!

IP:

ping of death
posted April 17, 2001 04:10 PM         
im in northern virginia, near washington d.c.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 17, 2001 05:11 PM            
i derive perverse pleasures in kiling play Player. He must be destroyed untill he chooses a name

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

johnsan
posted April 17, 2001 06:09 PM            
Only in death does a member of Project Mayhem have a name.... Clearly, Player hasn't killed enough people to get a name

-----------------------
The Weatherman

The first rule of Treadmarks is YOU MUST TELL EVERYONE ABOUT TREADMARKS.....

IP:

Skandranon
posted April 17, 2001 06:19 PM            
Hey, I've got a Boomslang 2000. I'll attribute my wins to it. It is a nice mouse.

And I've seen the non-talkative Player around as well - last night, as a matter of fact. Decent, but I made sure to absolutely mop the floor with him for not talking and not picking a name. Manray came on just as I was leaving a match with him ( I think I left him with like 6 kills, 15 deaths something like that . So how'd he do against you, Manray?

I have this sneaking suspicion he might be a Smurf. Plays good enough to be a regular, but never talks. Hmm.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 17, 2001 10:54 PM            
Who's worse,Player or Kong?;There's something about Kong that makes me chase him way off the map
#1-He dosen't try to fight anyone.He goes around collecting C.missles,nukes,wasps,shadows,material bombs and all the other easy kill stuff
#2-when you try to confront him he will run clear off the map as fast as he can.
#3-He never talks just like Player.
At least Player will get in there and fight with you.Makes matters worse is that Kong has been playing as long as me!if not longer.

IP:

peeeto
posted April 17, 2001 10:59 PM         
i think i've gotten a "nice shot" or a "heh heh heh" out of him once or twice...

AFAIK, he's been playing since the demo came out... maybe even before that, during TM test version 2.1

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted April 17, 2001 11:40 PM            
Since we talked during a game Weatherman I already know you are from where my daughter lives in Austin, and you know I am from Memphis, TN. But in case others have not looked at the TM Bios pages that Coax keeps up I will repost here. As for Player you are all right he/she ? never has talked when I have played and he/she is on. Somehow that gets me to want to kill him/her even more because I enjoy the conversations as much as the games. Human frailty of wanting to talk to others I guess. Definitely enjoy the games though and the talk. By the way I work on computer operating systems - everything from Mainframes to PC servers. Currently maintaining 5 Unix servers and 2 AS400 systems for the company I work for. Finally got rid of the Mainframe though at the end of 1999 before it failed with the switchover during Y2K. Its operating system was old and not Y2K compliant and I had been patching it to keep it running the last couple of years without support - whew glad that one is gone!!!

IP:

JVortex
posted April 17, 2001 11:50 PM            
pretty surprising that for someone who never speaks 'ol Player has become quite a hot topic. lol.

and btw, im from sacramento ca

that is a bit strange tho isnt it? must be something odd about humna nature. the way u get the urge to frag Player til he at least says ouch or something. must be the whole thing about picking on "he who is different". shame on us all

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

johnsan
posted April 18, 2001 02:19 AM            
I think I have it figured out - Player is a new AI class that is set to ~60-80% and has a new fighting style but no auto taunt... fits the situation a little to well, don't it. In that vein, I would like to suggest AI-Player....

Do you think that we are all seeing the same Player. I think that we all have played as Player at some point in our TM lives. In that way, he (or she, though i doubt it) is a kind of TM Everyman (or woman) that we can all relate to on a basic level, but still really like to kill

In other wanderings- does anyone know why my tank (a Platy) constantly is exploding on Hunter's server - and no I don't just suck. My life never decreases, my death counter doesn't increment, but the tank exploding graphic keep repeating. I have a recent Kasplatt Mod pack in my Addons.... I plan to unistal/reinstall TM and download fresh mods. Any ideas?

-------------
The Weatherman
Wouldn't you like to be Player too?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 18, 2001 04:50 AM            
lol, "THE WORLD" strikes again

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

synack
posted April 18, 2001 06:48 PM         
"player" to me is just another newbie. I mean, that's the default name when you install the game, right?

Whenever I see "player" I try to strike up a conversation ... trying to make them feel welcome ... encouraging them to select their own name and identity. Sometimes they answer, sometimes they don't. If they answer, I cut them some slack. If they don't answer, I bring 'em down.

fyi, ramTHIS (my son) and I are from the mountains of northern-most New Jersey. He's at college right now, just outside of Philadelphia, PA.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 18, 2001 10:39 PM            
I don't think Player is a newbie.He is always on at the same time of day and he's been playing at that time for quite a will now.I think its just somebody who kept the default name.Maybe he dosen't speak English,maybe he's 6 years old ,maybe he dosen't have a keyboard like somebody said earlier,or just maybe he dosen't give a $hit

IP: