|
Author Topic:   Help Help Go = Stop isn't good whaa :(
GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 12, 2001 11:29 PM            
Ok i start a game, everythingys going fine until the count down hits GO! then evrythingys freeezes. I hear music and i think i hear sound. So whatsa going on!!? I would tell you my driver info...etc but i don't know how. Im useing win 98. Does anybody know how to find out what drivers..etc yuor useing?

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 12, 2001 11:44 PM            
Just go to your video card's manufactuers website, www.manufactuer's site.com ,then download the latest drivers.Then go to http://www.opengl.com and download the latest srivers there(may be a outdated link).Download GLSetup and go from there.You can usually find the video card by going to your control panel,system,device manager,display adapters.Make sure that card supports OpenGL before you try to update you OpenGL drivers.This is the most logical solution for the game crashing.Mine crashes sometimes when I try to minimize the game.I take that back,its not just the game,it locks down my entire computer

IP:

Rex R
posted April 13, 2001 02:23 AM            
use device manager to get info on installed devices(sound card modem etc)the other thing is get the latest drivers for your sound card especially if you have recently installed dx8. both the video card and the sound card can cause 'mysterious' freezes/crashes

IP:

johnsan
posted April 13, 2001 03:18 AM            
Are you loggin into a multiplayer server?
I have experienced the same problem when trying to use a tank that the server doesn't support.

------------------
-The Weatherman

IP:

JVortex
posted April 13, 2001 03:54 AM            
my comp does that at times as well. i finally found a way around it tho. dont hit any buttons on the keyboard til about a second after the go disappears. i realize thats not a fix, but it works for me. im running windows ME w/ all up to date drivers.

normally mine does that after ive been running TM, exiting, rerunning and exiting and so on like when testing a mod. makes me think it may be a RAM problem of some kind. not getting completely cleared or something.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 13, 2001 01:55 PM            
k thanks for the help all.

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP: