|
Author Topic:   where are the servers
Rex R
posted April 10, 2001 01:05 PM            
ok so what happend to the servers? the only 1 running is the 'oz 1.59' server everything else seems to have gone bye-bye.

IP:

johnsan
posted April 10, 2001 02:43 PM            
Maybe they got phased out from lack of use - though I have seen an increase in humanoids playing lately.

RexR posted this a while back about the netgames server outage:
"got curious about there absence so I went to their website. it seems that the 'EU' has come up with a major roadblock for them. visit www.netgames-uk.net/ to read about it. looks like they will be down for roughly 3 months(unless this is just their way of celebrating the end of march)"

Skandranon just posted this on 4-9-01:
"Sorry about my server being down lately, guys - not a hardware failure, just took it down to upgrade, and the parts never came together. I'll have it back up on the old, slow configuration this week. Hopefully in a few weeks it'll be upgraded. When it is, then I'll put the Classic Mod idea to use."

Swisher and Polamnus have servers that they don't leave up all of the time.

I have no idea what is up with Homlan - anyone have info on them?

The Weatherman

[This message has been edited by johnsan (edited April 10, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 10, 2001 03:35 PM            
i went to the netgames site, but couldn't make any sense of it.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

swisher
posted April 10, 2001 04:47 PM            
Yeah. My server is from home. I have the least expensive DSL account available through QWest; thus, I have a two hour time limit per dial up. I can re-connect as often as I like, but it does timeout after two hours.

I'd love to leave a server up full time, but simply cannot due to the two hour limit. If I ever do host, it is basically by luck that you'll catch me.

I can host scheduled matches, though. I'd need some time to arrange things to be sure I'm available. And even then, we'd have to do it in two hour intervals.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 10, 2001 04:53 PM            
dont say i didnt tell ya, ive been expecting this for ages - bet ya anythng the demo server is still up.

why support servers that no one uses, its profitless and a waste of resources.

disgusted.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Vlad
posted April 10, 2001 08:34 PM            
quote:
why support servers that no one uses, its profitless and a waste of resources

If so many people are supporting it, then you couldn't really say that no one's using it...

IP:

Blob
posted April 10, 2001 10:35 PM         
Been trying to get a server running. Have trouble with my netgear router not lettin the packets through.

If anyone can help I would be happy to leave a server like Skann. up.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 11, 2001 01:22 PM            
One of the people involved at NetGames with the TM servers:

malice@netgames-uk.net

I don't know how much contact LDA has had with them since their problems with AAA though.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 11, 2001 02:13 PM            
if thats not enough reason to bring down the demo servers, i don't know what is

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Hunter
posted April 11, 2001 03:36 PM            
OK, this is getting scary, why hasn't LDA made any statements about the servers, whats going on? I am having some withdrawls, can somebody help, is there going to be a support group to help us through this catastrophe? I am on the edge man, dont make me come over to the demo server, I'll do it I swear. I hate the pings, and the graphics are losy compared to the real game. Plus I insulted some of the regulars on the server, I guess I will have to change my name if I play there. Who do we see about getting refunds for our game? I have heard Tribes 2 is really good, maybe I will try that (sniff) $50.00 man my wife will kill me. I guess this is goodbye.... whats the point.....

------------------
Stop the gibber jabber I need Servers =DNX=

IP:

johnsan
posted April 11, 2001 03:38 PM            
I just went to the homelan federation website and found these interesting bits of info:
On http://www.homelanfed.com/servers/events.php
there was this:
"For those treadmarks players out there, we host HF Treadmarks night every wednesday night at 7pm (PST). "

and on http://www.homelanfed.com/servers/list.php
there was this list of servers:
Treadmarks
Server Name Gametype IP:Port Players Details
HF 200 Death Match 12.47.50.132:12344 20 Dedicated
HF 201 Race 12.47.50.132:12346 20 1 AI Bot
HF 202 Deathmatch 12.47.50.132:12348 20 NO AI Bots
HF 205 Deathmatch 12.47.50.172:13500 20 Version 1.5 FULL Retail
HF 206 Race 12.47.50.172:13501 20 Version 1.5 FULL Retail - hope this isn't too garbled

I don't know if these servers will be up only on WED or if this is obsolete data.
I will email Homlan for more specifics.
-The Weatherman

IP:

Vlad
posted April 11, 2001 03:52 PM            
There really should be an option for the people who have the current full version to be able to play on the old full version servers. I was playing on one of the Homelan 1.0 Full version servers this morning with The Man, Balrog, and Corpes. Had a few good hours of 2v2. From the sounds of it, the people who have the current full version, and not the old one or the old demo are pretty out of luck.

IP:

Vlad
posted April 11, 2001 03:52 PM            
There really should be an option for the people who have the current full version to be able to play on the old full version servers. I was playing on one of the Homelan 1.0 Full version servers this morning with The Man, Balrog, and Corpes. Had a few good hours of 2v2. From the sounds of it, the people who have the current full version, and not the old one or the old demo are pretty out of luck.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 11, 2001 04:08 PM            
the day has come, everyone put your helmets on, and get ready to jump into the trenches.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 11, 2001 04:11 PM            
i can put a server up, finally. But it'll only be on in the evenings.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 11, 2001 04:12 PM            
how many players can a 100.3 kbps hold?

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

johnsan
posted April 11, 2001 04:23 PM            
Hey Vlad, there is a way to play on all of the 1.0 and demo server - you just need to reinstall the full version into a new directory and NOT install any patches. To access a particular server, you must type in the addy
Here are some current 1.0 servers:
Hallstead Game Room 1.0 full 63.204.74.29:65439
NGI Demo 194.177.103.42:12300
Calvin's Server 207.68.82.40:12300

+ Homelan 200, 201, 202 as in my previous post - but the server # are different ?!?!

I actually have 3 version of TM on my computer- the demo - for looking up 1.0 servers
1.5.5 - the version I bought- for playing 1.0 and demo
1.5.9 - the patched version - for playing the newest and best servers

Hunter- keep it together man ... you are talking crazy stuff. TM will survive!
-the Weatherman

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 11, 2001 04:26 PM            
way off topic, apparently google.com referenced my website. I never told them to, why would they do this, its kinda freekey ,strange and cool.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=Tread+Marks+Biographies&btnG=Google+Search

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 11, 2001 04:31 PM            
nevermind yahoo supports geocities, and google supports yahoo.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Kaeto
posted April 11, 2001 04:54 PM            
Google's a search engine, not a directory like Yahoo. Give 'em long enough, and just about anything will get indexed...

IP:

johnsan
posted April 11, 2001 05:41 PM            
Coax- Have you been taking toots of ether again? Keep it in the fume hood
-Da Weathermon

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 11, 2001 07:22 PM            
this is the e-mail netgames sent me when i asked about the servers.

From: "Malice" <malice@netgames-uk.net>  | Block Address | Add to Address Book
To: <coaxs0@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: [Bookable Servers] Why are the Tread Marks servers down?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:24:41 +0100

No one was using them. The logs stated that they had been seeing very
little usage and so we used the space for something else.

M@lice
Crue Dawson

-----Original Message-----
From: www-data [mailto:www-data@netgames-uk.net] On Behalf Of
coaxs0@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 8:00 PM
To: malice@netgames-uk.net
Subject: [Bookable Servers] Why are the Tread Marks servers down?

Why are the Tread Marks servers down?

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 11, 2001 10:33 PM            
so now we know the answer to that, who do we scream at, LDA, AAALame or the demo ppl who love the game so much they were willing to let it die becasue of a camera angle or two.

i know what i think...... and it stinks.

i can host a DMF server but its temporary and im only 56k so im limited to 4 players.

About time they shut the demoserver down as a nice present 4 em, may make em actually buy this wonderful game and save its ass from the grinder !

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 12, 2001 03:18 PM            
Don't know who you should scream at Matrix, but AAA has nothing to do with it anymore. I don't know whats happeneing with TM right now...haven't talked to Jim in about 2 months. Need to check in but he's not on AIM as much as he used to be and I'm not on AIM as much either, so we keep missing each other.

IP: