|
Author Topic:   Hey Matrix...
JVortex
posted April 09, 2001 02:46 AM            
i noticed your post on a chat for alt tabbing into durring play. Target!! told me about a program called roger wilco that is designed as an IP based small bandwidth use, live, voice activated, full duplex, voice chat program for use while playing multiplayer games. from what i saw of the thing it seems absolutely perfect for TM. i think it said it had team support as well but i dont recall now.
only thing is that i think it had to have someone running the "master" program as a bridge for everyone else to link into. i dont really know enough to know if this would be good for TM or not, from what i saw i think it would be great tho. there is an addon program for it that has ICQ support and a buddy list as well. if youre up to it could you check it out? i think it was at www.rogerwilco.com but im not sure. voice chat for TM seems like a great idea to me.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

IP:

~X~KLLR
posted April 09, 2001 05:42 AM         
roger wilco is a great program to use to talk whne you play No Typeing lol but you have you enter a ip eveytime you want to make a room you conect to one.

and that is the RW site

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 09, 2001 05:46 AM         
I still prefer BattleComm.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 09, 2001 09:30 AM            
Ya right jason, only thing is that as dreamer just displayed, each set of people have their own preferences as to their system and how each program affects lag in game.

a chatroom is a common place anyone can join and chat freely while still having treadmarks running in the background sat at the server menu 4 example.

this will avoid splitting the community using differing voicechat programs, besides its not everyone that has a headset with a mic attatched for use in gameplay mode.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

JVortex
posted April 09, 2001 03:03 PM            
i was more thinking of it as a starting point suggestion. most people im sure have some form of a headset or another dont they? i kno there are a few different such programs out there but i dont kno enough to kno which ones would be better than others, thats y i brought it up here.
what would be really nice is a voice chat server being run thu TM itself, that would make a hell of an update. leave that out of the demo versions and it would make for a great incentive to get the full version. now theres a thought.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

IP: