|
Author Topic:   Screen shots -- How-to Guide
swisher
posted April 08, 2001 05:23 PM            
I was having trouble taking screen shots in Tread Marks 1.5.9. There was post that talked about this, but didn't work for everyone. I think this will do it (at least it did for me):

In the main Tread Marks folder (default is C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5), edit file config.cfg and add the following lines:

quote:

#Animation frame saving. (F12)
AnimDir = c:\TempShots\tank
AnimFPS = 15

This will cause screen shots to be placed in the c:\TempShots folder when you press F12. You do not have to press Alt-F12. The BitMap files created will be named tank0001.bmp through tank9999.bmp.

Hope this works for you all as well as it has for me.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 08, 2001 08:24 PM            
Or at a push ppl could actually take note of the number of times ive posted this info:

HYPERSNAP - FULL REGISTERED VERSION

in the X-Drive at the www.deathmatch-federation.com

instructions in the DMF forum !!

tip : get it while u can the forum is commin down due to nobody using it.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

JVortex
posted April 09, 2001 02:37 AM            
personally i just use a clipboard manager that keeps the screenshots stored til im ready to deal with them. just hit the print screen key while in play and when youre done paste into your fav graphics app and youre good to go.
hypersnap is a bit better tho, actually places the images into a folder for u as u go.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 09, 2001 09:34 AM            
yup, it auto jpegs for you too, so if ur machine freezes during gameplay, u still get the pix, unlike clipboard.

anyway, hypersnap does more than clipboard, ya cant grab active windows, ya cant grab 3dfx or glide properly nor dvd flash or video motion.

still, its each to their own and ppl should make the choise that benefits them most. especially as when i start the tournaments, i will accept screenshots only as a basis for scoring.

-=[/2]=- www.dnxworld.com
-=[/2]=-

IP:

Rex R
posted April 10, 2001 01:45 AM            
that did the trick. thanks much! makes it much easier to take screenshots than remembering to crank up hysnap b4 TM

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 11, 2001 01:24 PM            
FYI: This will only work on the upgrade versions, not the original CD version...

On the original CD version you have to use the Alt-F12 key, but it will reference the ANIMDIR location in the cfg file.

Also, I usually have a file conversion program running in the background. When I take about 100-200 images (depending on resolution), ALT-Tab and convert them to JPG, otherwise your HD will get filled up VERY FAST!

I can fit about 250 640x480 on 1 GB and about 75 1024x768 on that same space while in BMP format.

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited April 11, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 23, 2001 12:29 AM         
RC, is there a way to set this to take a screen shot every 25 sec? I was thinking of using it as a fail safe score capture.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 23, 2001 02:28 AM            
spose you could try fiddling with AnimFPS and see if that would work

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 23, 2001 07:48 AM         
Was going to try that but am lazy . Also didn't know if it would accept fractional fps. I'll give it a shot, though.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 24, 2001 04:27 AM            
well my research would seem to indicate that TM will not accept numbers less than 1

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 24, 2001 11:01 AM         
I tried it last night with FPS = 150, 15, 1, and .15 - all gave several (2-5) screen shots per clock tick and were totally unplayable. Is there a way to make F12 into single shot and alt-F12 into continuous shots?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 20, 2005 09:49 PM            
Just a FYI since Kong linked to this thread... All MY listed links here are out of date and dead.

New Links: DMF: www.dmf.filetap.com
DMF Forum: www.dmf.kicks-ass.net

The FTP is members only, and the X-Drive is dead also.

IP: