|
Author Topic:   Treadmarks 1.0 - 1.5 camera difference question
Vlad
posted April 03, 2001 11:41 AM            
Well, I finally tried the new TM demo, to see if I wanted to upgrade to 1.5 from 1.0. Everything seemed pretty much the same (although the HUD seems a little too cluttered now...). However, I couldn't seem to get the camera to my old 1.0 configuration...

In 1.0, I would have turret look on, mouse look on, and camera mode funky. Basically, this allows me to look around as fast as I can turn the mouse, and the turret follows as fast as it can. After noodling around with the new demo for a while, I still couldn't get it to a similar configuration. Did LDA remove some of the camera stuff for good, or is it just renamed in an odd way?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 03, 2001 12:55 PM            
there is no way to get the old camera modifications back, many have already tried. You do get use to these new camera modes though.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Vlad
posted April 03, 2001 12:57 PM            
Really? Why remove camera modes?

IP:

swisher
posted April 03, 2001 03:56 PM            
Simply gone.

We fought tooth-and-nail to have the old view(s) retained, but no go.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

Vlad
posted April 03, 2001 04:46 PM            
Was there a reason given for the removal?

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 03, 2001 04:48 PM         
Why, of course there was a reason given:
All your base are belong to us!

Hey, I can spam , too!!!

IP:

Kaeto
posted April 03, 2001 04:50 PM            
Because they were supposedly too complex. I miss 'em too, very badly.

IP:

Spooky
posted April 03, 2001 08:59 PM         
Ya' know what I miss? Playing against Humans.

"I know there must be life out there"

IP:

Vlad
posted April 04, 2001 11:52 AM            
<shrug> Well, just play the old full version. Just finished playing for about an hour or so on NGI with about 10 people online.

IP:

RommeL
posted April 04, 2001 03:14 PM            
Yeah, it is always a great challenge to play against you Tepes... )

------------------
KILL 'EM ALL!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 04, 2001 10:56 PM            
Why not just include all the camra modes. More the marryer,,,,,, HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT!!
I want the free look to follow my turret.......etc nad the old camra settings just put um back PLEASE! ) Smiles for the peoples who put um back smiles : :0

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

Vlad
posted April 04, 2001 11:47 PM            
Yup. Return the old camera modes and return the weapons to their former unguided glory.

IP:

Frightening
posted May 03, 2001 05:08 PM         
I used to play the demo quite a bit and liked it so much I finally bought the retail version. Now I never play TM anymore because of the way it was changed as described in this thread. I keep checking back every once in awhile for a patch to return the old camera modes, but I guess not. I probably will not be buying any more LDA games as I cannot trust what I will be getting.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted May 03, 2001 06:36 PM            
Why Can't lda just put a new camra mod in called advanced. It has all the old stuff! Then the pepoepls who think its complex wouldn't have anything to complain about

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 03, 2001 09:19 PM            
Evolutionist would say adapt or die.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Vlad
posted May 04, 2001 07:07 AM            
True, but that's hardly a "customer friendly" way for a game company to act.

I mean, it's not as if I'm upset that there aren't helicopters or bridges or something that was never IN the game in the first place. When I bought Treadmarks, the camera modes were there, but if I install the patch/$10 addon that brings me to 1.5, I actually LOSE game features? Doesn't make any sense...

I know I'm not the only person who would like to see them back. There are cases like Frightening and myself, who aren't going to upgrade until we can get the camera angles back, and then there's other cases that people have talked about, where they've forced themselves to get used to the new angles. I'm sure they'd love to have them back.

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 04, 2001 07:29 AM         
I don't really miss them anymore. I was used to the old modes, thus I complained when they were replaced by the new ones, but after some time I grew accustomed to the new ones and wouldn't want to miss them now, either. They're crap with the totally unguided weapons from 1.0, but quite OK with the guidance assistance from 1.5 - which is in concept not entirely unrealistic.
After all, we're all here to have some fun, right?
Plus, Vlad, as you may have read, the update might be free pretty soon - try it and I don't think you'll regret it.

--------------------
Strange, but somehow this silly, mindless game has become the center of my life.

IP: