|
Author Topic:   Where to download mods and addons
Skandranon
posted March 30, 2001 09:06 PM            
Looking to find the common Treadmarks mods or the ones I use on my server?

Weep no more, I have finished setting up my FTP and putting together the mods.

Simply login to 206.152.117.189 as "Treadmarks" with "LDA" as your password (no quotes, natch) and behold the glory! Or, see the files anyway.

I've put the original mod files, skins, etc up that I have, and have done one better: I created 'corrected' versions that install in the correct folder (most modmakers didn't seem to realize mods ONLY are supposed to go in the Addons directory...) but have the author's original stats, and I've also created balanced + corrected versions that I use on my server. Still fun weapons, but less likely to make you smash your keyboard screaming "Lame!" or something worse.

I very strongly recommend getting rid of all your old mod files (hunt 'em down.. they get scattered widely in the default install) or reinstalling Treadmarks and trying out my corrected versions.

Just log in, be nice to the bandwidth, and be sure and read the !readme files.

As an aside, I said I'd have some of my own weapons done, but they've had to be put on hold do to personal crises coming up every time I try and work on them.

If you have any trouble with any of these files, the FTP, my server, or whatnot, just email me at skandranon@tranquility.net and I'll see what I can do.

Skandranon the Black Gryphon

IP:

Rex R
posted March 31, 2001 03:14 AM            
ok me dumb. would some one care to enlighten me as to how you get there(spell it out)
<edit>
thanks to Super U I was able to get to the mod pkg(thanks Super U). I do have 1 small request(when you have a smidge of time) could you put the file size(s) in the readme's. I may have future requests after I find out what mods you're running. thnks Skandranon

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited March 31, 2001).]

IP:

Karldar
posted March 31, 2001 03:00 PM            
Woohoo! Thanks for putting together the mod package, Skandranon. I like what you've done with them. Of course, I like the wildly overbalanced ones, too-just thought I'd try yours out. Very nice pie.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

johnsan
posted March 31, 2001 03:02 PM            
Thanks for posting these, Skandragon. The balanced? weapons should boost the skill:luck ratio for kills and wins.
-The Weatherman

IP:

Skandranon
posted March 31, 2001 07:19 PM            
Glad people are liking them so far - keep me notified of balance issues and, of course, any bugs you find or other items you'd like to see in them. I might not be able to jump on it immediately, but I'll certainly try and fix any issues with them.

Oh, and Weatherman - my sentiments exactly. Am I the only one that pines for version 1.0's lack of guidance? To kill someone with the 120 took REAL skill. Or with almost anything, for that matter. The lack of guidance and reliance on aim is one of the reasons my favored weapon is still the Mass Driver.

Hmm... maybe that's an idea for a server, huh? Maybe I could run a second server that scraps most weapons' guidance... Food for thought.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 01, 2001 05:20 PM            
First:
- All the Tank and Weapon mods from my site are uploaded.
-I included the SHTML files with the descriptions in them too.
- I did not upload Map and Server mods - if there is demand for them I will upload them too...but they tend to be much larger files.
- I have screenshots of most weapons and tanks - tell me if someone wants to stick them on a website...

Second:
- Yeah - I like no guidence too

--RC
Give me an e-mail at mcney@megsinet.net if you want anything more uploaded...

I'm still trying to find a good site (haven't had the time to really look though).

IP:

JVortex
posted April 01, 2001 06:39 PM            
um... uploaded where?

and i would still like to use your screenshots if i may

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 02, 2001 12:14 AM            
Uploaded to Skandranon's FTP server's Upload dir - though once he sees it he will move them to his other dirs.

As for screenshots - Skandranon, do you mind if I transfer them via your FTP server? If you do mind then I have to figure out how to access my ISP's 2mb's of webpage space.

IP:

peeeto
posted April 02, 2001 04:29 AM         
i prefer weapons with no guidance as well. that's an excellent idea, Skand - i bet HomeLAN would host such a mod, if it were all set up ahead of time for them. the server could have "TreadMarks Classic Mod" in the description field.

the best part is that players won't have to download any mods ahead of time!

IP:

Skandranon
posted April 09, 2001 11:04 PM            
Sorry about my server being down lately, guys - not a hardware failure, just took it down to upgrade, and the parts never came together. I'll have it back up on the old, slow configuration this week. Hopefully in a few weeks it'll be upgraded. When it is, then I'll put the Classic Mod idea to use.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP: