|
Author Topic:   OT: Bingo the Clown (o)
Vlad
posted March 29, 2001 09:42 PM            
A year or two ago, I downloaded a 5 minute movie called "Bingo the Clown". It was really odd, but kinda neat (all computer generated, and really well done). However, I appear to have deleted it a while back and am looking for it again. So far, I've found a site with it split into 4 mpegs, but I haven't found a site with the whole clip just yet.

Does anybody either have the whole clip, or know where I could find it? Alternatively, does anybody know of PC video editing software (shareware or freeware) that can merge multiple mpegs into one?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 29, 2001 10:59 PM            
bingo the clown was created as a demo by the makers of a 3d renderer called MAYA - its big and industry standard on the NT platform.

you can get a free video copy of the full feature (as i did) by simply writing and asking 4 it (as a possible interested buyer wanting to setup a design studio) lol.

still having no luck with Pixar and Luxo jr tho !!!

heres the alias/wavefront url for bingo : http://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Home/homepage.html

-=[/2]=-
www.dnxworld.com

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 29, 2001 11:03 PM            
Merging=Get a program called MasterSplitter.It what most people on Usenet use to split and/or combine parts.You just select the first file and hit combine. http://www.tomasoft.com/mswin95.htm
Is that clown thing making fun of Star Wars?I remember seeing something with a clown playing the role of Darth Vader.It was funny as hell

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 29, 2001 11:05 PM            
Ps:If anybody has seen what I'm talking about and knows where I can get a copy,could you please drop a link.

IP:

JVortex
posted March 30, 2001 01:28 AM            
if u have windows ME it comes with "windows movie maker". its rather hidden tho, i just stumbled across it one day. pretty cool prog. it can combine and edit mpegs.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) Beware of the non-Tread Marks areas, they have pop up adds, AAHHHH!!!!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 30, 2001 08:47 AM            
i just use director !

-=[/2]=- www.dnxworld.com

IP:

RommeL
posted March 30, 2001 02:16 PM            
Tepes, the most simple way to merge mpeg files is copy/b x.mpeg + y.mpeg + z.mpeg xyz.mpeg (in DOS), or very easy to do it with any commander prog. (Windows,Norton..etc)...

------------------
KILL 'EM ALL!

IP:

Vlad
posted March 30, 2001 05:48 PM            
Thanks Rommel! I never knew that you could do that with DOS... worked like a charm.

IP:

skexsis
posted May 04, 2001 11:09 PM            
I found a site that will let you download the entire movie or you can purchase the DVD or video if you still use it. http://www.clickmovie.com and select animation in the side bar. It is 34megs.

------------------
The answer is out there its the question that drives us.

IP:

Vlad
posted May 05, 2001 12:02 AM            
Thanks! I did use Rommel's trick using the DOS copy command to get it to work, but the way the segments were edited, there's a half second skip between the first and second segment. Minor, I know, but I'll just grab the full and see if it's the same quality..

Although it would be just cool owning that on DVD... :-)

IP: