|
Author Topic:   Revival of the fittest.
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 20, 2001 12:07 AM            
Its about time for the "we need more humans on the 1.59 servers" revival.I promised I would leave you guys alone for a month,...well,its been over a month.LDA,any comment......?Demo cd,advetisments, plug on Jay Leno,.............

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited March 20, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 20, 2001 12:26 AM            
I'll join the effort. Hand me a sign and I'll go march up and down the street with it.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 20, 2001 11:14 AM            
well 4 what its worth i have TM banners on my community and clan site - i also wear a t-shirt when attending lan parties \and computer fairs.

IP:

kv
posted March 20, 2001 04:28 PM            
you have a shirt?

Can I get one?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 20, 2001 08:32 PM            
an wahts a lan party (please excuse me for asking this) i've never been to one. In my mind i picture this of a lan party, tell me if im right wrong....etc Big warehouse kinderrooom with lotsa cpu's. And there all connected. Everybody playing 1 or 2 games. *2-3 kids in corner messing with the cpu's hard drives* All around great time?

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 20, 2001 08:39 PM            
2 answers here.

a) ok yes you can have a t-shirt as soon as i get written permission to use the trademark from lda, i cant do anything like this without official permission.

b) LAN party is (Local Area Network) so yeah its a hall with 16 to 50 computers in it all on ethernet or thru a hub and running 5 of the popular games typically, quake, unreal, battlezone, rogue spear, alien vs pred, treadmarks, voyager elite force, nascar 4 etc... usually runs for about 2 days with about 70 ppl in attendance.

and im helping organoise the next one in bristol, uk.

ie: watch the DMF for details.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 20, 2001 10:54 PM            
Good Lord! The largest LAN party I've been to had about 10 people We would go to a computer store that sold computers and set up networks for schools.We would use there network and we would take peoples' computers that were brought there to be fixed,LOL.Playing on some poor fool's machine and he would never know it happened.
Anyway,before we get off topic.LDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whats going on?Can we be filled in or is it top secret?Or have you put TM in the backs of your minds?
What happend to RC?He was usually the middle-man for us.LDA Tom hasn't been here in a while either.Must be busy doing something for TM......I hope.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 21, 2001 12:04 PM            
Hey matrix you gotta get me over to a lan party in CA! I wanna go now PPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted March 21, 2001 12:10 PM            
Super -> RivalBall has just been released by LDA - I suppose that's what was keeping them busy over the last few weeks.

IP:

Vlad
posted March 21, 2001 12:44 PM            
/me misses LAN parties...

I haven't been to one in almost a year. And the largest I went to was about 10-12 people. Wasn't at any computer store/internet cafe, either.. we had it at some guy's house!

This was back when coaxial networks were the big thing (networking over DOS, no less). We had people spread all over this two story house, all daisy chained to each other. One person leaves, we have to start the whole network back up... I've still got the 100 foot cable from that (used to run to the upstairs floor.

Nothing like playing good old Q1 for hours on end...

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted March 21, 2001 01:08 PM            
DN3D still rules.

IP: