|
Author Topic:   To Kaeto!!
fred99
posted March 13, 2001 04:35 PM         
OK sorry!

Those Daily Gays keep fooling people!
But the developers say that the Ps2 version will look better.
I got some other screens (cant find them..)
that shows that PS2 version use alot more polys on the characters!

Ill try to find them! Tomorrow! CYA

[This message has been edited by fred99 (edited March 13, 2001).]

IP:

Hawk
posted March 13, 2001 05:16 PM            
Well, looks like Kaeto wins another round. Hate to tell you this bub, but even though you may be right about it coming out for the PS2, well, there's no way those Daily Gaydar screens are of the PS2 version. In fact, you ready for this? They're from an early version of the PC Giants. An EARLY version. Not sure if it's a beta or an alpha, though. Hate to tell you of this, Mr.
quote:
Hmm.. Looks like the PS2 version is superior to the PC..

BUT...
This is direct from Planet Moon, the page of the creators of Giants:

quote:
Update!: These shots are not at all from the PS2 version, but are indeed from an
early build of the PC version. Sorry for the confusion.

www.planetmoon.com if'n you wants the proof.

Looks better than the PC? HAH!

------------------
Temporal Chaos 0wnz j00!

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited March 13, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 13, 2001 11:34 PM            
Not another PS2 vs PC debate.I thought I gave you guys enough eyecandy from PC games...?
OK,I'm not going to argue this time.PS2 games look awesome and so do PC games.But I'm not going to buy a PS2 because I have a $2500+ gaming system (of course I don't use it for just games)Plus....If I want a PS game I'll just get the emmulator for that game and play it on my PC with no loss in performance(and sometimes better graphics So basically,I already have a PS2.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 14, 2001 01:53 AM            
right. my .02 game consoles are fine for those who wish to avoid the 'ugly' connotation, computer. even though all they are is a computer dedicated to playing video games(well at least they were) they also have an advantage of taking up less space, nearly every home has a tv, fewer cords, practically impervious, easyer to program for because you have a static envirement,(note I did not say less buggy). for the rest of us... well we know what we like about pc's and lets leave at that.

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited March 14, 2001).]

IP:

fred99
posted March 14, 2001 06:38 AM         
OK!
I wont post the pictures!
Here is the link!
http://ps2.ign.com/previews/15945.html

BYE

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 14, 2001 07:28 AM         
Umm... hope noone will flame me for saying this, but I can't say the PS2 shots look any worse than the PC shots on that site...
I guess it's a matter of what you're used to.
I like my PC - especially with that GeForce2 in it ( ), but except for relatively low resolution (which _is_ a drawback in e.g. ego shooters) and rather bad flexibility and few upgrade options ("If you want sth. better than the PS2 you've just bought, you'll have to wait for the PS3 and buy that") consoles are pretty good at doing what they've been designed for.

I really despise those hours I spend hunting the net for answers to questions such as "Why won't this game run on my comp (needs a pentium MMX for 3D acceleration, won't run on ATHLON except in software mode)"/"Why won't XWindow allow 3D acceleration on my comp (the A7V's onboard UDMA100 controller prevents the NVidia drivers from working)"/"how on earth can there _still_ be non-working components in my comp (there aren't. with your setup, you'll have to [snip a long explanation]...)"

IP:

Kaeto
posted March 14, 2001 10:02 AM            
*cough*3dmark 2001*cough*

Beat that.

IP:

fred99
posted March 14, 2001 01:56 PM         
Kaeto: Dont make me come kick ya ass like the last time

j/k!

/Freddy

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 14, 2001 10:36 PM            
Bottom line:I don't need a 2nd gaming platform.My PC will do the same stuff a PS2 will do.Plus,as I said before,you can play PS2 games on a PC with the right emmulator.So........why do I need to go out and purchase a PS2 console?

IP:

Rex R
posted March 15, 2001 01:51 AM            
2 words, young children

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 15, 2001 03:44 AM         
now that's an ambiguous post.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 15, 2001 05:35 AM            
LOL, let the topic die. No one cares anymore. The other topic was even "killed" so just let it go.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Hawk
posted March 16, 2001 09:55 AM            
Apparently Fred thinks he needs to keep trying to prove things. Unfortunately he only succeeds in making himself look dumber ;P

Let it die.

------------------
Temporal Chaos 0wnz j00!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 17, 2001 04:42 AM            
Don't let that discourage you from playing TM and participating in this forum Fred.You are more than welcome to be here and I hope to see you on the servers.Even though you think PS2's rule...

IP:

Hawk
posted March 17, 2001 08:09 AM            
Indeed, you're more than welcome here.

Just keep the PS2 propaganda out of our nice clean forum

IP: