This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   beta testers
Rex R
posted March 09, 2001 03:12 AM            
hopefully by this weekend I will have the skin template finished for a new tank. are there any ppl who would be interested in testing(perhaps painting) the thing. I'll send the thing out to the 1st 5 interested parties. beta testing includes sending comments/gripes etc. back. mayhap we should use this thread to gather a list of ppl who would like to test stuff

------------------
virtual mechanic/[BWL]

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 09, 2001 04:30 AM         

IP:

Karldar
posted March 09, 2001 04:37 AM            

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Rex R
posted March 09, 2001 05:20 AM            
okay thats 2. course it is kinda late fer the states...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 09, 2001 10:43 AM            
count me in.

ill be happy to link to it from the DMF too !

-=[/2]=-

IP:

kv
posted March 09, 2001 04:27 PM            
count me in Rex.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 09, 2001 06:27 PM            
and a great big 5

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 09, 2001 11:38 PM            
I would but I never really go into the creating mods sort of thing.I/m guessing you would put it in the directory with the other skins and give it a name...?Then run it in single player?Painting is out of the question because I don't have one artist gene inside my body If you give me directions,I would be glad to test it.Email it to the address in my profile.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited March 09, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted March 10, 2001 03:11 AM            
small set back have to mod the turret a bit to have a place for the flag, might be sunday. Super thats the same problem I have(artistic) main reason my revolt cars have simple paint schemes, I can make them go but I can't really paint worth a hoot. with winzip it is fairly easy to make mod pkg's that most ppl can install, however since I have to do a readme file anyway I'll make sure to include 1 with the tank(complete with file list to make it easyer to uninstall). note if you plan on using the peashooter you'ld be well advised to stock up on ammo, lots of ammo.

IP:

JVortex
posted March 10, 2001 01:40 PM            
well im a little late on this, but keep me in mind as an alternate 6th? im game.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction)

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 10, 2001 01:51 PM         
sorry, have to withdraw. luckily, JVortex should be more than happy to replace me.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 11, 2001 01:57 AM            
a note to the testers; INCOMING tank has been sent to the addys in your profiles

IP:

Karldar
posted March 11, 2001 03:54 PM            
Woohooooooooooo! That's some very good pie, Rex. My brother and I played with the tank this morning and it rocked. I'll give you some more feedback once I've properly thrashed it. BTW, I kept runnin' out of peashooter ammo-LOL.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

kv
posted March 11, 2001 04:33 PM            
Nice tank Rex. I am working with the bmp now and should have a possible skin for it in a few days.

I could also play with the bolt-on points if you wanted.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 11, 2001 09:25 PM            
Great job Rex i'll also try n make a texture for the tank. Im not that good with art but i'll try

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

Rex R
posted March 12, 2001 12:28 PM            
well I did imply that it was an ammo hog which brings to mind leave no crate ungrabbed. I suppose 1 could change it back to 'tankgun1' but, then you'ld have to change the reload time back to 3. hadn't really intended it to go toe to toe, more of a sniper. gee I thought everyone sorta despised the peashooter and prefered the boltons... well live and learn

IP:

Vlad
posted March 12, 2001 02:21 PM            
The Peashooter is one of my faves. There's nothing like a good tankgun duel with someone :-)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 12, 2001 03:22 PM            
Been away from my comp all weekend but I'll get to testing ASAP.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 13, 2001 01:44 AM            
well I've managed to; close the gap twixt turret and hull, get the boltons located and, upped the damage a smidge for the 'bb gun'

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 13, 2001 11:38 PM            
If only I had the ^$&%#'n mod!Hint!Hint!
I guess I was the 6th reply now that I look at the threads Oh well,email it if you want or don't.I won't loose any sleep

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited March 13, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted March 14, 2001 02:02 AM            
well all I can say is it musta got lost in the mail. I'll try again. note your getting the improved version

issue resolved(I think)

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited March 14, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 14, 2001 05:55 AM            
say......... dats a nice tank....

IP:

Rex R
posted March 14, 2001 12:44 PM            
dats a nice tank (sorry couldn't resist) well so far the comments have been positive. even have a nice skin fer it (courtesy of jvortex) spose next I'll have to find a host fer it

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 14, 2001 01:07 PM         
I suppose that will be the least of your problems...
Volunteer Nr. 1 here -
Matrix, what about you?

(It will take some time for me to get my site up and running again - currently shut down due to lack of time)

IP:

JVortex
posted March 14, 2001 01:31 PM            
i can (and would like to) host it as well. my site is up but in desperate need of an overhaul. its sort of in a partial overhaul state at the moment . my TM section should be up and running soon.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction)

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2