|
Author Topic:   Tread Marks Deformation Site - Read
Random Chaos
posted March 04, 2001 04:48 PM            
On Monday, March 5th (tomorrow) my Tread Marks site will be dissapearing for about 2 months. 3d-unlimited.com is moving to new servers and there will be a setup fee of $25 of which I would prefer not to utilize for cost reasons. Therefore I am asking for the following:

A. Anyone who knows where to get a 20 mb HTTP account with 150+MB FTP seperate account on the same service with custom URL names. (IE treadmarks._____.com and such)
B. Anyone willing to fork out the $25 set up feed for 3d-unlimited to reinstate my site.

If none of these are done my site will dissappear for about two months. I do not know about the FTP server though...I believe that will still be there at least for the short term.

I am actually looking for another site to move to preferably (and free with an ad...anything costing is something I want to avoid). I only found out about the loss of the site yesterday afternoon. Frankly a 2 day notice isn't sufficient in my opinion. Additionally I get enough hits on my site to pay for that $25 in about 1-2 weeks.

--Random Chaos

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted March 04, 2001 05:40 PM            
Hmm... I _could_ host you myself, of course - you'd have to live with a .de domain (your own, of course) then and leave all admin stuff like user passwords for ftp to me - plus we'd have to share 250 MB - shared ftp wouldn't be too bad, even, I think and you would have to pay sth. like 3$ per month...

It's the only thing _I_ can offer - otherwise go get a crosswinds account, wait for them to reenable the ftp server (currently down due to massive abuse) and use a service like namezero to access your site.

IP:

swisher
posted March 05, 2001 09:16 AM            
I'll pay it (for the first year, anyway). E-mail me with specifics.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 05, 2001 09:44 AM         
!!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 05, 2001 01:05 PM            
do you really need that much memory? Couldn't you keep all the mods on a communal x-drive and then you would only need a couple megs worth for content?

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 05, 2001 02:58 PM            
Thanks for the offer Swisher. I now need to look into where to send it, etc. before I contact you.

Coax: The web pages + images take about 15MBs now...and its expanding. A 40mb HTTP account would leave room to grow. The FTP account is up to about 50-60MBs already...

I've got a lot of images up on my site that aren't referenced anywhere.

--RC

IP:

swisher
posted March 05, 2001 05:59 PM            
Just to clarify: "for the first year, anyway" meant a one-time fee. I could not and cannot afford to put out any kind of monthly fee. I'll do the $25.00 one-time to get you back up and running, though.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 05, 2001 08:00 PM            
RC by hits do you mean people who vist your site and see the banner or click on it. I'd be glad to stick it as my homepage, you'd get maybe 14-15 hits a day. Or if its clicking on the banner i'll click it a few everyday anything to help.

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 05, 2001 11:55 PM            
50megs.com stores.......um,50 megs.That could be used to hold all of your ftp data I guess.Places like Idrive and Juston go down way too much.I don't know,just a suggestion.I would give you money but I'm just a poor college student

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 06, 2001 05:41 AM            
id be happy to push some cash your way, but we would need to converse on the mutual benefits of such a deal.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 06, 2001 07:37 PM            
About waht i aid up there would more hits help?

------------------

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited March 06, 2001).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 07, 2001 07:43 PM            
3d-u counts hits by the view, not click. Their ads pay I think 1 cent/view. My site gets about 3k hits/month or so. Thats $30/month...yet they aren't able to spend a month's income to keep my site going. As I said I'd prefer to change sites. I'm looking into possibilities right now.

I'll get back to you Swisher when I decide what I'm doing.

--RC

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 07, 2001 08:29 PM            
I'll stick you web page on my homepage for now until its gone.

(Oh yeah and don't used homestead

------------------

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited March 07, 2001).]

IP: