|
Author Topic:   Hello All! Long time no see....
Azmyth
posted March 04, 2001 11:42 AM            
Been a few months since I checked in with LDA-
I hope all is well with family & company!

I actually stopped playing TM, due to a problem running the game using my Razor Boomslang USB mouse. After a few minutes of normal play, the mouse just stops working! The game continues to run normally, but my turret gets stuck in a useless position and it requires a reboot. I tried running the Razor BS in PS2 mode in order to test this and had no problems occur. I'd leave it there, but I loose so much performance in my other games (mostly FPS's) that I had to go back to USB-so no TM.
Any ideas?
Anyone else have any problems w/ a BS mouse?

CHEERS ARMOR-HEADS!
@zmyth

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 04, 2001 12:37 PM         
TM kept locking up my USB ISDN adapter and my USB mouse - unfortunately I replaced both devices at the same time so I can't tell whether only one of them was affected by TM... Could have been the mouse, tho - Tom assured me that the netcode TM uses could not have done such a thing.

IP:

Blob
posted March 04, 2001 03:08 PM         
I have a Boomslang USB Mouse and I've had no problem running TM. This is what is on my system.

Win98SE
Razor 2.0.12

Also for a real treat, you can keep both your mice plugged in. I recommend if you do keep one on it's back to prohibit movement. You may be able to unplug and replug the USB mouse to get it restarted. I've done this, it seem to work

[This message has been edited by Blob (edited March 04, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 05, 2001 12:06 PM            
hey blob, glad u post here, i meant to ask you:

hows (( =DNX= Blob )) sound to you ?

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 05, 2001 01:02 PM            
hi blob. I've played against you before. Welcome out of newbie land into the community. ::An other joins the secret cult::

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Kaeto
posted March 05, 2001 08:14 PM            
quote:
I tried running the Razor BS in PS2 mode in order to test this and had no problems occur. I'd leave it there, but I loose so much performance in my other games (mostly FPS's) that I had to go back to USB-so no TM.

Doesn't the Boomslang's software automatically crank up the PS/2 refresh rate? If not, use PS2rate. You'll get a faster refresh (=better latency on the mouse) than USB, AND TM (and everything else under the suN) will work. USB _REALLY_ sucks for gaming...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 05, 2001 11:49 PM            
Yeah,I've played with Blob before.I think I remember him kicking my a$$ Matrix,I think we better slow down recruiting until there is a larger database.I think the 2nd largest clan has only 3 members I don't realy care.Just pulling your chain.Not to get this game confused with Unreal Tournement That reminds me,have we set a date for the DNXvsBWL DM?

IP:

Hunter
posted March 06, 2001 12:00 PM            
Who let blob in? I am tired of him fragging me and the guy I am working on. Must be the mouse..
No really, welcome blob glad to see you here. Super, how many people are in DNX? Also am I correct when I assume that there are only 3 clans TC, BWL, DNX, and are we the underdogs? I hope we are because I always like being the underdog, speaking of dogs that guy named Reddog was tough to beat the other day.
Wow, I must have too much Caffeine in my system.

IP:

JVortex
posted March 06, 2001 12:04 PM            
mmmmmmmm...... caffeine.....

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 06, 2001 01:30 PM            
By shear numbers alone, I doubt DNX are an underdog clan. SuperUnknown, alone makes it a pretty formadable team, couldn't beat him last night on the 1.0 servers.

------------------
TM Bios

IP: