|
Author Topic:   The DEMO players are killing TM
=DNX= Matrix
posted March 01, 2001 09:53 PM            
If you like the game as much as you say - get off your lazy freeloading arses and buy TREADMARKS full version.

It's a tad lonely over here on 13 1.5.9 servers with 5 REAL people on.

If you REALY want to support LDA's fantastic game - goto their website and bloody buy it !

Then if your good you can register on the DMF www.deathmatch-federation.com as a lonewolf or put yourself forward as wanting a clan. It also means you can use all the maps, all the mods and all the other bits that yu benefit from - also you can take part in full Tournaments.

Comeon you know it makes sense. It's time to seperate the timewasters from the committed people.

Make the jump - YOU WONT REGRET IT !

-=[/2]=-

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 01, 2001 10:43 PM            
Amen!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 02, 2001 01:55 AM            
i think its time to block access to the servers for version 1.0

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Vlad
posted March 02, 2001 05:34 PM            
quote:
i think its time to block access to the servers for version 1.0

Errr.. I don't think so. I've seen plenty of people on those servers. Keep in mind that 1.0 doesn't necessarily mean that it's a demo. A lot of people on the demo servers are playing with the full version that they paid good money for.

Keep in mind that Treadmarks is one of my favorite games, ever. I try to tell everybody I know about it. However, I haven't been able to get the update yet (just got a new puppy at home.. it's amazing how expensive and time consuming those things can be ).

Not only that, but from what I've heard, I don't even know that I'd like the new version of TM that much better. The whole concept of guidance on the weapons really worries me, and if I'm not mistaken, the camera control has been changed.

Shutting down the 1.0 master server would alienate a lot of people who enjoy playing with a game they paid for.

[steps down off soapbox]

IP:

Kaeto
posted March 02, 2001 06:47 PM            
So? Block all clients less than 1.0.1 from the master server, and you block the demo clients, but not the full version users.

IP:

JVortex
posted March 02, 2001 08:16 PM            
Would an idea be to limit the demo players to only one server? i only had the demo for a very short time and never tried multi-player with it, so i dont know how the multi-player for the demo works. hell, the only reason that i know the demo supports it is from what ive seen here on the board. but anyhow...
if there was only 1 server for the demo with a limited number of available player slots might that help to fix the problem? only allowing X ammount of demos to log in at once? then maybe an enforced playing time limit with say a 30 sec or so many minute pause before you can log back in? just a thought.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Site is down at the moment... :(

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 03, 2001 01:08 AM            
Guys ur over complicating it.

The latest version ROCKS and there are 13 servers ready and waiting - if they paid full price for the cd, why cant they come to the main servers to play.

failing that is there any way us 1.5/6/7/8/9 players can see the demo servers and play without having 2 installs or having to write down 2 diffrent ip's.

what about a list DEMO SERVER / FULL SERVER make ur choise n bam.

No one is saying stop using the servers, but guys - ive paid my dosh and i think i should be able to have someone to play with without Downgrading me TM or having multiple installs.

i really wish LDA would sort this out cos its gettin on my nerves bad now.

i paid £30 for this game, and everyone is on the demo servers.

LDA please come up with a fix or all your effort is in the pan ! i cant see uk netgames running servers if no one is playin on em and in the lng run the demo server ppl will remove support for the full version players making them resort to the demo server too - cant you all see what im saying.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 03, 2001 01:27 AM            
VLAD: I understand your complaints about blocking the demo servers. Hell, I was trying to keep them up too. But, i bet you haven't played more then 3 games with 1.5. You'll see theres a world of difference and that its better by such a large marjin. So, please actually start playing with 1.5 before you sell your sole for the 1.0 "DEMO" servers.

Plus it would be easy enough to only block the demo users for 1.0 and not the people who have the full version. So its not like you wasted your money if you bought full price 1.0

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 04, 2001 10:56 AM            
good point coax.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 04, 2001 07:32 PM            
30 Dollars? Matrix? I saw it for 22 at CompUsa?

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 04, 2001 11:34 PM            
this is going from bad to worse !!! - they only drop prices this fast if its not selling !

WHY FOR GODS SAKE !

Q U A L I T Y G A M E !

-=/2]=-

IP: