|
Author Topic:   Is the full version like the 1.5 demo?
Retro
posted March 01, 2001 06:05 PM         
I dl-ed a treadmarks demo a LONG time ago. I just found out yesterday that there was a 1.5 demo so I dl-ed it.

They're very different if you ask me. Which verson is the full game most like?

Retro

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 01, 2001 06:14 PM            
its just like 1.5 but with multiplayer enabled and more maps, tanks and the such. Game feel is like the 1.5 version

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

synack
posted March 01, 2001 06:34 PM         
We're waiting for you, Retro.

Muahahahahahahahhahahah!!!!!

IP:

Retro
posted March 01, 2001 07:46 PM         
It could just be me, but I like the old demo a more. It runs smoother and looks prettier in general. It also has better sound.

Is it just me?

Retro

( also, I don't really understand synack's post)

IP:

Kaeto
posted March 01, 2001 09:52 PM            
Both demos should look & run the same if you're using the same graphics options. The sound should be pretty much the same, though 1.5 dropped support for A3D.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 01, 2001 10:47 PM            
I noticed a huge difference from the demo and full version.The (old,1.01 I think..?)demo ran like crap on my machine,but the full version ran smoothly.Guess it depends on your system.Not to mention better AI,larger resoulution(not display setting but the game view,and of course more maps and tanks.
I don't really remember the 1.5 demo because it didn't have multiplayer,so of course it was off my HD pretty quick.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited March 01, 2001).]

IP:

peeeto
posted March 02, 2001 09:25 AM         
Retro - the main difference that i noticed between versions 1 and 1.5 is the camera view. i prefer the "old" camera set-up, but have grown accustomed to the new.

oh yeah, the AI's are alot "smarter" and tougher now.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 02, 2001 10:45 AM            
the old version does seem better when you first start playing 1.5. But 1.5 is so much more superior in every way. Just try a few more games with 1.5

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

synack
posted March 02, 2001 03:35 PM         
Retro, what I meant was that we are all eagerly awaiting your arrival so we can ... um ... er ... blow you up - I mean exchange greetings.

Doh! - what a giveaway.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited March 02, 2001).]

IP:

Retro
posted March 02, 2001 11:44 PM         
aaaaahhhhaaaa. Well, when I gather enough cash to pick up my copy first thing i'll do is hit the servers.

Hey, does the full version run better online then the demo?

I can play quake and other games with a ping around 150, but with treadmarks it's about 500 and can get up to 800. AND people on the server say that's good!!! (i stop playing multi-player a long time ago) Is this your expirience?

Retro

IP:

JVortex
posted March 03, 2001 12:13 AM            
Playing the full version my ping tends to average around 300 on a 56K. average for people in general on all connection types that ive seen seems to be from about 100 to 350. i dont know who told you that 500 to 800 was good! lol. maybe that is concidered good for the demo servers. i think the highest ping ive seen on the servers has been around 500, and that was mine, when i was d loading a file AND trying to play. chances are that the full version servers are faster than the demo servers judging from what you stated.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Site is down at the moment... :(

IP:

Rex R
posted March 03, 2001 02:21 AM            
for the UK servers I generally see pings in the 300 to 500 range 300 - 400(bout right considering the distance) is playable if the server is running 20 fps, homelan runs bout 200. I have on ocasions see my ping shoot up to 9k(9sec) but thats prolly not the games fault. note I'm running a 56k modem. from my point of view coax runs about 300-350 (and kicks my fundiment) so pings aren't really the reason as to why a person is doing poorly. ping spikes/packet losses are something else, fortunaty for me the don't come to often(not going to gripe about something that can't be fixed)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 03, 2001 02:58 AM            
i get 200-250 ping on all the 1.5 servers and i use a 36.6 modem to connect.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 03, 2001 04:28 AM            

Actually coax,now that I think of it.The lower the connection the less packet loss.Thats the only think I can think of why you alwayshave a good ping.(and I don't)My ISP is faster than most.

IP:

Kaeto
posted March 03, 2001 09:46 AM            
Ping is dependent on the servers. On a good server, I ping 150 or so, which is an OK ping for me relative to other games. The level of lag tends to be rather low on the HomeLan servers (it should be for about anyone in the US)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 03, 2001 11:32 AM            
:P coaxs? your on 36.6?? i thought you were on a 56 k dial up?

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 03, 2001 02:28 PM            
Well, the the modemis a Lucent 56K, but i've never connected past 36.6, for instance right now it says 31,200 bps

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 03, 2001 05:21 PM            
Lucid- Acid in water Lucent water in acid i think im catching on

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 03, 2001 10:48 PM            
no-no-no Lucid means clearly and easily understood.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 03, 2001 10:53 PM            
Kaeto,Homelan has more lag than the other servers for me and I live in the US.Its actually gotten worse recently.I blame it on a router or something because other people in the game have good pings(ie coax).UK servers run great,on Homelan I can expect spikes that go above 1000ms for a brief period of time.

IP:

Karldar
posted March 04, 2001 03:27 AM            
I play on Homelan most of the time cuz my ping usually never gets above 300. Most of the time it's 100-200, but I play really late usually. Netgames servers usually start at a ping of 250 for me and go up and even at low pings it gets pretty laggy with at least one other human player. Mebbe I'll play with my rate a bit.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Hunter
posted March 06, 2001 12:33 PM            
Coax, I would like to know how you get such a good ping rate with such a crappy connection, I used to get the exact connection that get 36.6kbs now I run what is called VDSL, its like cable, I get 256k up/download and I usually always ping around 300 on the UK On the homeland servers I get 100 or 150 but I hardly ever see anyone playing there so I have been forced to play on the UK servers with 300 ping. The weird thing is as long as my ping doesnt go over 400 I do not see any lag like others have described, do you see things like your weapon fire not comming out properly. I think that has a lot to do with the ability of the player because there are lots of times where I am playing someone and I swear they are moving slow because I can turn and get a shot off before them, of course it could be the weapon they are using, I wish I could see what others see when they are playing me so that I could tell if they are dying because of the lag or am I just that good! hehehe. Anyway is there anything I can do on my settings to improve the ping? Also what happened last night you just left without saying a word, I thought we going to play one more time, I wanted another chance chance to beat you.

[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited March 06, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 06, 2001 01:37 PM            
I don't know why my ping is so good on homeland. On all the other servers its 400. I'm pretty accustomed to the lag and can predict where the opponent is without the game actually needing to show me. So, when i go on homeland its an extra treat since it keeps up with the gameplay. You might get better ping if you change your netrate you can find it under miscellaneous in the menu. I have mine set to 3. Sorry, I left but my gf needed some help on her math homework, so I had to leave to help her. It was hard and i actually doubt i helped her that much shoulda stayed and played.

------------------
TM Bios

IP: