|
Author Topic:   Matrix isnt dead.
=DNX= Matrix
posted March 01, 2001 08:05 AM            
and i havent shirked the game either, ive simply been too busy with the business to play and any "off time" has been spent in the company of my charming fiance sandra.

Firstly the BWL vs DNX thig - sure im up for it, but i need to rally the guys first, at least 5 of em are in the uk to my knowing, so ya theres the time difference of 5 hours GMT / EST.

Secondly, ive been busy organising the first TM-DMF TOURNAMENT. the scorring system is slightly different and a little fairer than the one treadmarks has in place with extra points for such things as most kills with least deaths overall.

Thirdly, as some of you may or may not know, i AM working on a screensaver, so bear with me on that one.

Fourthly ! - I am also working on the Bzttlezone Mod for TM - this may take a while because im not totally au-fais with the formats, skins, sizes etc yet - is it 1 pixel on the map per meter - and what scale do the tanks have to be ! - problem im hitting is in duplicating the battlezone maps - the tanks look like youre playing micro machines !!!!!

Fifthly (is there such a thing !) Im working with Jim to create an export market here in the uk to spread the good word of TM. Plus were on a deadline that has some intrinsic AAALame content (more news as i get it and its authorised by jim as information i can divulge - for now its private).

Sixthly - Phew - as you know im also working on creating some T-Shirt designs - i plan to use these (if completed in time) as prizes for the DMF Tournament.

Seventhly - the clan was dealt a major blow when the messageboard was setback in time via a hardware fault over at COOLBAORD. - As a result the new clan members board is based on GAMERS.com and is available from the main menu.

We have been running an art competition - the winner got a copy of photoshop 6

And a new competition is up for those members who havent got the info due to the msg brd crash; info is on the member area.

Besides all this i also have to support the other games we are playing in, were even hitting DREAMCAST shortly.

The Rixy has spoken !

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 01, 2001 03:17 PM            
ummmm, your way to busy. My day exist sleeping eating and studying and minor apporvements to my site. And i already can't find the time to do all this.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 01, 2001 10:58 PM            
Its good to hear from you Matrix(although I got your ICQ message the other day).As far as the DM...I think only 3 players are needed.3v3 is the plan I think.I'm really bust with midterms this week but they will be over Friday and I'll turm my attention to the DM.Then maybe we can set a time for the no holds barred war and get a little practice playing with clan members.Had a chance to play with Unforseen Chaos the other day.He's really good.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 01, 2001 11:32 PM            
Yes i know lol he kicks ass major style.

Glad to see the DDM rankings too - Nemzad did damn well for a new player. And get this too, he doesnt even live in the states - hes on a T1 and somewhere at the other side of the earth to you lol !

Chat u soon.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 02, 2001 02:18 AM         
Yeah, Nemzad is pretty good. He plays online quite often, too.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 02, 2001 04:34 AM            
ah matrix you do know that you can adjust the size of your tanks by using the 'scale = x' line in your .ent file. put it just after the lines mesh,mesh1 etc. HTH

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2001 10:15 AM            
Ahhhhh, that will solve a lot of issues rex, thank you - im gonna need all the help i can get i think to get this going.

any real bz players here care to have a go at making some battlezone style weapons ?

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 02, 2001 01:06 PM            
most of the ranking order from the DDM is held by DNX members. Be interesting to see if the BWL oldbie clan can beat the DNX newbie clan. Come on fight-fight-fight, flashback to highschool there.

Super: if your going to get a little clan practicing action going on. Invite me too, I can always use the practice

------------------
TM Bios

[This message has been edited by coax (edited March 02, 2001).]

IP:

peeeto
posted March 02, 2001 02:23 PM         
we'll get our a**es kicked, i'm sure -
we're in it for the fun

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 02, 2001 03:04 PM            
so guys go ahead and pick a date. Its not like I'm trying to push this or anything

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2001 03:46 PM            
so u want in on the clan practice huh - JOIN THE CLAN ! lol

*cough*

actually i could use your help setting up the ruleset for the tourney coax - thx.

We will practice, we will mobilise, we will come , we will conquor.

btw : jim i re-checked, TM is full box version and on buget at £14.99 in Electronics Boutique !

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 02, 2001 04:01 PM            
hehe rules?

I like to keep it simple the team with the most frags win

But, what other types of parameters are you looking for, to make it more fair?

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 02, 2001 10:58 PM            
how bout like every 4 deaths on the death meter somebody has take away 1 frag?

nah its a stupid rule

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 02, 2001 11:04 PM            
How bout this Sunday.The only reason I say that is because I may have to go out of town with the GF next weekend.She picks the worst times And I work weeknights till about 10 EST and go to school during the day.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 03, 2001 01:01 AM            
well, heres how it works in battlezone.

1. someone takes a snap of the screen at the end of the match ( a referee)

2. is responsible for formatting it jpg and sending to me at the DMF.

3. each player has total frags minus total deaths to give a plus or minus score.

4. that goes on a scale. hence if you dont attend each DDM your score is slowly beaten.

5. each new DDM score totals list is added to the total DDM's so far list - hence you get an overall average kills / deaths.

its done this way in virtually all games - but there will no doubt be rules to follow in TM DDM thatare different to BZ DDM.

Any imput is welcomed.

Winner of each tourney gets a prize too if they lead by a clear 10 points by the end of the tournament (nights tourney - not overall ladder) lol.

let me know your thoughts.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Rex R
posted March 03, 2001 02:05 AM            
thunk of 1. don't know how you'ld implement it though. if you frag the camerasentient/referee you lose 1 frag

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 04, 2001 10:54 AM            
ya need a referee flag - and an id thet simply reads in big letters R E F E R E E

you stay away from him, he stay away from you and the ai bots can sod off lol ! they should be turned off anyway.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 04, 2001 12:42 PM         
Referee would be too long a word to stay readable from a distance...
I'd recommend a black and white checker texture (like, 2 squares per row, two columns) - That should be quite easy to recognize.

I'd also recommend a referee team+team flag.

Btw... The server logs should provide enough info to persecute aggression against referees.

That's my 2p - German currency

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 04, 2001 11:35 PM            
sounds good dreamer man, how do u get the server logs then ?

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 05, 2001 01:37 AM         
I thought the dedicated servers do an auto log...

IP:

JL
posted March 05, 2001 07:58 AM            
The parameter LogFileActive = 0 has to be set to 1. You will find this in the dedicated.cfg file.
That only works for the server, I don't think you can make a log for the client.

[This message has been edited by JL (edited March 05, 2001).]

IP: