|
Author Topic:   WORN DISK
JUGALO
posted February 14, 2001 05:58 PM            
I am getting a slow moving crack in my treadmarks disk is there a way to make a copy for back up I tried to make one and wasn't playable don't remember what was wrong but it wouldn't play. Thanks LDA for a great game.

BOOM BOOM out go the lights
haunted by a carnaval
JUGALO

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 14, 2001 09:34 PM            
its immoral to copy cd's in that way - however, if you own the original you should be ok, i cant speak for the states but in the uk you are allowed to make 1 backup copy for your own use.

Strictly speaking you should buy another one, so i wont tell you the name of the software you need to make a copy, howver, check out a post on this page based around the same idea, which may point you in the right direction.

Wish i could be more specific, but im not into upsetting ppl here, ive done it once and thats a road not worth walking down.

hope that in someway helps.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 14, 2001 10:06 PM            
You don't need anything special to copy TM. There's nothing wrong with making backups... You may be able to get it replaced... LDA?

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 15, 2001 12:19 AM            
The initial run of Tread Marks 1.0.1 was flawed at manufacture.

We replace any cracked CDs, just send me an email.

The TM disc crack might be interfering with copying as there is no special anti-copying set-up on the CD itself... i.e. The TM disc can be copied as a simple data disc would be.

Jim

IP:

Dreamer
posted February 15, 2001 02:11 AM         
Yup, that's about the best and ultimate copy protection in the world... self-destructing CDs...

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 15, 2001 03:04 AM            
...lol

Jim

IP:

Rex R
posted February 15, 2001 04:37 AM            
as always if you are captured the goverment will disallow any knowledge of you or your team. this disc will selfdestruct in 5 seconds. good luck jim

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 15, 2001 08:47 AM            
*Cue "Propellerheads - Backseat Driver*

IP:

JUGALO
posted February 17, 2001 12:32 AM            
Thanks everyone for your help and Jim what e-mail address should i use for you.

boom boom out go the lights
JUGALO

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 17, 2001 02:02 AM            
longbow@longbowdigitalarts.com

or jim@longbowdigitalarts.com

Jim

IP:

Dreamer
posted February 17, 2001 03:18 AM