|
Author Topic:   On a lighter note, how about some great DM moments?
Vlad
posted February 14, 2001 05:03 PM            
Recently, it seems that most of the posts around here are focusing on bug solving and other such things..

So let's start talking about your most memorable/funny/amazing/whatever moments from TM!

- On a well packed server on NGI one night, I was chasing someone who was using Falcon up a hill out of the water on The Ramp. I had concs, so I figured that I'd see if I could damage him, even though it'd probably push him to the top of the hill. I fire a shot, hitting him directly from behind, sending him FLYING straight up. However, someone from my team was apparently waiting on the top of the hill for the other person, and when he saw the poor sap come flying up, he shot off a salvo of wasps..

From my perspective, it looked like an odd version of skeet shooting. Rather amusing to see 10 missles come out of nowhere and blow the other guy out of the sky..

- I always love it when this happens... a matter missle fired by someone happens to hit an enemy... when he's surrounded by the teammates of the person who fired the missle. No damage to the tanks, but it's great seeing these death machines get tossed WAY up into the air :-)

- Playing on Sheldon's server for the first time, I see Sheldon up on a hilltop in Scarab... a far away hilltop... with nothing but the 120mm... facing me. "Nothing to worry about", thinks I..

Next thing I know, I'm getting the "Press Fire" message. Hmph. I STILL sometimes forget that Sheldon's a 120mm robotic sniper.

- Lucky cross-level Mass Driver shots. 'nuff said

- Facing 3 rampaging tanks from the enemy team and somehow coming out on top.

All I can think of right now from work. What about everybody else? Let's return the conversation to the actual game :-)

IP:

Rex R
posted February 15, 2001 04:30 AM            
hitting a tank with 2 dirtballs and finish with the ole peashooter while the other tank is still balanced on their gun, watching a 'mite' doing concussion jumping. what gets me is seeing 2 tanks squaring off each with a ramdrill having both kill each other

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 15, 2001 05:00 AM            
Lighter moments usually involve me using a mass driver to nail the bad guy 3 times in a row to kill him and its really funny when they start that real fast spin and never have a chance to put up a offense
I also get satisfaction blowing away that one guy in every game that likes to talk trash to me or other players Usually they get pissed off and leave after I've killed them like 5 times in a row.
I don't really have a single greatest moment because I play almost everynight and that make all of those moments hard to remember. under those circumstances
I also like to kill the guy who gets the shadow and looks for super ammo boxes

IP:

Vlad
posted February 15, 2001 09:25 AM            
quote:
I also like to kill the guy who gets the shadow and looks for super ammo boxes

eheheh... I remember when I used to hunt those things down. However, there have been a few times where, after I snagged the shadow, I actually came across a ton of the ammo boxes. I don't think anybody has enough willpower to grab them when they keep appearing right in front of you. I ended up getting something like 150+ ammo with it :-)

Unfortunately, I got nailed by a cruise missle after about 20 shots... bah

IP:

Hunter
posted February 15, 2001 11:35 AM            
One of my favorite moments was one time when I was playing Scarab with the bots and one was on my tail with an avenger, it was flat ground so he was nailing me I had nothing but the pea shooter. There is this one little hill that has a spawn on top of it I slowed down and got the mine launcher, so after I cleared the other side of the hill I laid the mines I had just enough time to turn around and watch the bot come over the hill and get nailed. lol. Another favorite moment was when I was playing online, I got the flame thrower and right next to it was a crater from a nuke, there was a guy down in the crater with a plasma cannon and he wasnt coming up we both just sat there for a little while shooting back and forth without any harm to each other. So I turned around and backed towards the crater I picked up enough speed to clear the guy and as I went over him I hit the flamer and toasted him before I hit the bottom of the crater, sweet.

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 15, 2001 03:57 PM            
I _LOVE_ dueling with another skilled player. Tanks flying through the air, ammo flying everywhere - it's like ballet, but not

IP:

synack
posted February 15, 2001 06:23 PM         
Clearly ... it's time for another DM.

Make it so.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 15, 2001 07:26 PM            
I ended up with 203 shadow keeper and I saw a cruise missle. I ran and tried to dodge it behind hills. It missed me 3 times and smacked me in back and before it says press fire an ai got the shadow and wasted it all What am i doing im off topic already. K my greatest time was when on the CTF level oval i got a plasma cannon went up on top and nailed a buncha guys.

------------------
Commander and Chief of Smiley Kingdom

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 16, 2001 12:38 PM            
always funny, when I'm speeding through a map looking for a kill. And then I hit a bump from a stupid dirtball, I end up twisting and flying in the air, and end up in the perfect position for a kill. I take the kill and the newbie says "wow, your really good" and I say, "thats right, so respect your master"

------------------
Biography Website

IP: