|
Author Topic:   Need some advice
=DNX= Matrix
posted February 06, 2001 08:27 AM            
Ive just completed the update on my community resource site - i know its slow on 56k modems, but were on the brink of DSL rollout here in the uk with cable already around so access wont be a prob for much longer.

Just wanna know what u guys think of the content and layout.

Thx
www.fivetownsnet.com

-=[ /)a /2ix†er ]=-

IP:

swisher
posted February 06, 2001 09:20 AM            
Looks great. A lot of helpful links.

Couple of things:

I don't see a title in me Netscape Navigator window.

Add Tread Marks to the "Play Games" section.

On the right, the page says:

quote:

WHATEVER

YOU

NEED

WE

CAN

PROVIDE

A full list of our
services and products
is on the dropdown
menu near the top of
the screen.

But I can't find the drop dowm menu.

Nice site, Matrix.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 07, 2001 12:40 AM            
ya there was one there but i twatted it - ill put a better 1 back thx for the insight and time.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Cell
posted February 07, 2001 04:09 PM         
Holy sh***, Rixy, thats a lot of links, what a job that must of been getting them all on one page. Nice work! The upkeep will keep you busy!

The only links I didn't see were for recreational oppurtunities,( local sports events and clubs, hiking, biking,etc..) I think you got everything else covered...

I like the "in local news.." on the main page, thats a winner for sure. That's the "hook" to keep them coming back every day. The stranger the news, the better!

On the left sidebar, The only thing I'd do different is put the "resources" and "information" menus at the bottom, they are least likely to be used.

I'd definitely move the "main site pages" and "town maps" up top just to emphasize and re-enforce the regional character of the site. That's your viewer base, so make 'em feel at home. There's plenty of National sites, but good regional sites are hard to find, and are a gold mine of information, like yours is...great job, bud.

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited February 07, 2001).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 07, 2001 04:30 PM            
Any page with MIDI on it gets a ZERO in my book. About ten seconds after it started playing, your site went bye-bye. MIDIs interrupting my MP3s annoys me like nothing else.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 08, 2001 05:48 AM            
ok guys thx - ill do as u syggest and move the lesser used links down, ill find some local sports stuff (canvassing now ) and were up 4 an award too - ill add TM to the gaming page, ill put an option to eiether have the midi on or off, that should quell that one, as 4 the netscape thing - ill look into it.

thx guys your input is most valuable.

-=[/2]=-

IP: