|
Author Topic:   Oz Server (and mods needed to play it)
swisher
posted February 04, 2001 01:04 AM            
The Oz server is back up. It requires many mods to be applied on client PC's.

Here is a link to a zip file containing every mod to date:
http://www.users.qwest.net/~llynne1/TM/Tm-Mods-Feb-05-2001.zip

Unzip this file into your "C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5" directory.

The mods will be placed into a folder named Addons. To play single player games without the mods, rename the Addons folder to NoAddons (or whatever).

These are not my mods, simply all of the mods (weapons, tanks, maps) from RC's site.

IP:

JVortex
posted February 04, 2001 02:12 AM            
I was on that server at some point earlier and it claimed there were 2 bot tanks on it, tho i never found them. i even went so far looking that the map looped (I found the same blast crater twice) and the arrow was still convinced that they were "that way".

Is this why I couldnt play propperly on that server? because I was missing required add ons?

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

IP:

Rex R
posted February 04, 2001 04:16 AM            
although it helps a lot to have the mods, it is possible to play on the oz server w/out them. I'll admit that aiming the 240mm gun is a tad difficult when you can't see it, ditto for finding weapons you don't have the models for. as for the arrow if you happen to be out of range it points north. best bet if you can't see a tank, find a spawn point and sit still they will generally come after you. the servers list 2 bots but when you pop in 1 is removed. so there is only 1 bot

IP:

swisher
posted February 04, 2001 05:29 PM            
I think Rommell runs the Oz server. It probably has the auto-AI add/remove feature running. This casues AI's to be removed as humans join and added as humans leave. It is meant to keep the lag to a minimum.

JVortex: Pressing the TAB key during play shows all of the active users/AI's. Also, if you get way off map, self destruct by holding down the ALT key and pressing K. This will usually cause you to respawn in the middle of the action.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited February 04, 2001).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 04, 2001 07:33 PM            
Ahem, if there are currently no bots the arrow points north

------------------
Can't forget those invisible smileys at the bottem now can we

IP:

JVortex
posted February 04, 2001 07:42 PM            
It didnt occur to me to hit tab because i didnt know that there was such a feature that would remove bots as humans entered. But I did death wish at myself a couple times just for something to do. I never did see any other tank...

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

IP:

swisher
posted February 05, 2001 12:31 AM            
I played tonight and noticed that the other bot was very difficult to find, too. I noticed that he was on my team. I switched to a different team and then was able to find him easier.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 05, 2001 03:58 AM            
The mod runs really slow.Is that normal?I also installed it on 1.5, not 1.59, if that makes a difference.I just played single player.Although it did look pretty cool.
That also brings me to my second ?.How do you delete the mod?Just go through all of the folders in addons and delete their contents?

IP:

Nemzad
posted February 05, 2001 04:01 AM         
I played on sunday evening and when a human player left I could not see the AI tank but could see his weapon only. I have not put any tank mods in 1.5 yet thats why I could not see the tank. I could see it on my radar once I got close enough. Was sort of fun shooting at a tank ya cannot see

IP:

Rex R
posted February 05, 2001 05:10 AM            
S. unk
correct. faster way is to delete the Addons folder, then if you have some mods you would like create the Addons folder and install the mods. just make sure that you get the proper cases(upper/lower case letters) in the name. TM can be picky about that

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted February 05, 2001 06:18 AM            
Nemzad: Happened to me, too - several times.
I'll post a complaint topic concerning this.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (BWL/MG) (edited February 05, 2001).]

IP: