|
Author Topic:   Oncoming
GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 03, 2001 12:54 AM            
Hey is Lda ever going to release a map editor? Im guessing not so far. If you are is it soon? And also it might be cool and useful to contain a 3d modeler in TM itself. Cause its a pain knowing u can't make a tank or weapon without premade mesh's and luv's. And how bout a screen shot taker u just press print screen during the battle CTF Race or whatever. And when its over it puts u in a art gallary and u delete the ones u don't want and save the ones u do want. And maybe a mod editor. where after u make the mod u can test it. A square chunk of the map is shown on the screen. U can drop decoy tanks anywhere. Then you place the weapon then u adjust how its pointed. First where it goes then high how it points then left and right........etc then u press test button or hit space bar and the wewapon fires. then u see the projectile in slow motion (not to slow) come and hit the tank and u see the explosion, the kick........etc then u can speed it to normal speed to see how fast it would really go. And say u blast a tank staright up outa the square chunk map it gets smaller and farther away so u can still see everythingy. Then an Art program inside TM. That includes texturizer to make art for weapons. And a unwrapper thingy like the one that was just made in another post. So u can put where each part of the texture goes. This is mostly possible in the future isn't it? Also and a Map Editor if u guys wish to release it. back to what i was saying this could be something for the future. i know i'd like it.

------------------
Can't forget those invisible smileys at the bottem now can we

IP:

JVortex
posted February 03, 2001 01:16 AM            
I agree that all of the above there would be great to have as a built in part of the game. I dont see it as being anything that will be cranked out any time in the immediate forseeable future tho (dammit ).

One thing that I would like to see is a simple semi-graphical text editor designed for the ent files. I kno that one isnt necessary, but it sure would be nice. something with clearly labeled graphical text fields for the different aspects of the tanks and weapons and so forth. Granted I dont know the first thing about making any kind of a program but this seems like it should be a fairly easy task for someone who knows how since it would only be a text editor that read various values and placed the associated numbers into little boxes. I dont know, just an idea/ request.
I was trying to figure out how to make a Java version which may be easier, but I havent had much luck at it thus far.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

IP:

sodom
posted February 03, 2001 02:06 AM         
i check back here each month since i bought this game in hopes that a map editor or a luv converter has been released.
im giving it till the end of next month, at that time if neither has been released the game will retire to the microwave.

IP:

Rex R
posted February 03, 2001 02:23 AM            
Re; .luv maker
see the topic Mod tools,Tread Marks license
there is a link to a prog that can create .luv files. takes a bit of time to figure out but, it does work. thing is of course you need to think low poly(face) count.

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted February 03, 2001 03:31 AM            
Gold_Ant:
There are several people working on map editors (including (afaik) Kaeto and myself), plus there is already one available (That one can't do everything the map format can take, but it's cool anyway.)
Try and talk Noper into talking LDA into letting him release it.

As for Screenshots:
In the old versions F12 was used for taking screenshots. I think I remember rumors that it should still work that way - provided you set some options in the cfg file.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (BWL/MG) (edited February 03, 2001).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 03, 2001 11:39 AM            
k, do you think they could make a mod aeditor like a said above? where a map is shown in a sqaure not an actual square a sqaure of the map. And u can see the dips n hills and mountains. then u place and decy tanks about and then u select the weapon u want to try and then u place it on the map. Then u adjust the angle pointing up and down. then click. Then left and right and click until its in place. Then u press space bar or hit a button called test and it shoots a projectile as the weapon would. or more than one projectile.and u see the kcik the explosion from a 3d birds eye kind view. like the view on sim city

------------------

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 03, 2001 12:03 PM            
GoldAnt - no WAY

That would be WAY more trouble than it would be worth.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 03, 2001 12:34 PM            
so version 105.8.3 in the future weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but yeah i guess it would be.

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 03, 2001 06:57 PM            
or at least a special map that takes all the weapons and lines um in in rows so u can test um all

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 03, 2001 09:49 PM            
Why dont you guys EVER read my posts ?

Capture Program : www.deathmatch-federation.com the instructions for use and registration are on the forumand the program itself is in the X-Drive, just config your hotkeys for multi-grab and away u go, leave it running in the background.

Map Editor: Yes i agree, noper is the guy to ask about this one, but i have a poll going on the www.deathmatch-federation.com website, if you make it count on the poll LDA will see the ever increasing need and requision one maybe.

As for the various file formats there are various tools out there that will take the formats, turn them into sumthin you can play with in photoshop and return it back into TM, its tricky but does the job.

If you cant afford 3dstudio or lightwave, check out Truespace4, its a budget 3d moddeler but does the job nicely.

PS: all the links you need have been recently posted on THIS forum, try reading a few messages or visit the Mod forum in the list below this one.

Good luck,

-=[/2]=-

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 03, 2001 10:00 PM            
Sorry i have hyper snap already but its a bother to get outa tm n save the screen shot while the games going. As for 3d modeling i have blender but i can't get my blender files turned into lwo. LDA how bout makeing TM compatibile with TONS AND TONS AND EVEN MORE TONS of model types. Or give us a proggy that can convert anything almost into lwo

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted February 04, 2001 01:56 AM            
GA you need to enable multiple captures for hyper-snap. lets you take lots of screenshots. which you can later view, edit,or toss in the bit bin at your leisure

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 04, 2001 07:10 PM            
:P now you've made me hate hyper snap for being so complexly simply

------------------

IP: