|
Author Topic:   Problem With A Server (?)
JVortex
posted February 02, 2001 02:18 AM            
I think that this is a "to whom it may concern" kind of a post as I dont know who to address this at, but here goes:

Myself and a friend were playing on the server labeled "netgames - uk.net #6" a few minutes ago and that server did strange things to both of out computers...

First he was kicked out of the game and it then promptly crashed on him at the level change. I then played for about another minute before I was stuck spinning in jerky circles for no apparent reason (and no it wasnt my joystick laying off to the side, boy, that didnt quite come out right). (And to make it worse I was spinning to the right... hmmm... anyhow). After a few spins I decided to try a different server. The game then crashed on me as I exited.

I had never had any crashing problems like that before with TM and I would have normally written it off as "oh well, it crashed" but it did happen to us both, so I thought I would mention it. Someone may care, someone may not.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

IP:

Rex R
posted February 02, 2001 02:24 AM            
I occasionally get the 'out-of-control' syndrome. I usually rack it up to ping spikes. you didn't happen to notice what your ping was doing at the time did you?

IP:

JVortex
posted February 02, 2001 02:27 AM            
No, I didnt think to check it. Chances are that the spinning isnt related to the crashing anyway (I would assume). But in case it was I mentioned it.

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 02, 2001 01:31 PM            
I sometimes get a swinging turret on that server (i turned off mouse control, cause anytime i bump the mouse i miss) even if i hit forward turret the thing swings at the front of the tank? i guess this is lag?

------------------
Can't forget those invisible smileys at the bottem now can we

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 02, 2001 02:17 PM            
its the funniest when it happens to other people and then i torture them with 1 shot from the machine gun again-and-again-and again. Untill their almost dead and I leave them burning and smoking. then I go away and bug someone else for a while

------------------
Biography Website

[This message has been edited by coax (edited February 02, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted February 02, 2001 03:55 PM            
Well good to know its not just me then i suppose... That crap with the turret wagging back and forth is a pain. Took me a while to find a way around that one.

As long as this was already a known problem then I guess all is good.

------------------

IP: