|
Author Topic:   A Cry For Help From LDA
LDA
Administrator
posted January 31, 2001 02:16 PM            
I need everyones help:

Since it's release into the US market in December, we have had numerous complaints from customers who have been to their local Babbage's, (includes Software Etc.and Game Stop), and Electronics Boutique stores, and not been able to find Tread Marks. Many have also been told that it can't be ordered in.

I need some specific information to pass on.....if I have any hope of getting this situation improved.

I need to know:

1. When it happened? (a close guess if it was before Christmas)

2. Location of the Store? (street or Mall name + city/state)

3. Basically what was said....."not in stock", "not on our computer" or if the store clerk had even heard of TM. (...and don't worry, this isn't to get store clerks in trouble, but to find out what is listed as available in the local store's computer and what is available on the shelves.)

And if you are checking this week, (phone or in person) ask "Have you heard of Tread Marks?" "Is it in stock?" and if not, "Can you order it in?"

Please help by checking the stores and reporting back either:

1. by posting on this board or

2. by sending an email to me: Jim@longbowdigitalarts.com

Thanks...

Jim

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted January 31, 2001 02:24 PM            
US customers only?

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 31, 2001 02:44 PM            
The problems are mostly in the US, but I would also be interested in what is happening in the UK and Germany.

I'm told that the German stores "should" have copies by now.

Jim

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 31, 2001 04:29 PM            
Last week, CompUSA in Salem, NH : Didn't appear to have it, but I didn't have time to make an extensive check.

I am going to the one in Nashua sometime this week, I will check things out there...

[This message has been edited by Kaeto (edited January 31, 2001).]

IP:

swisher
posted January 31, 2001 09:18 PM            
Electronics Boutique had it in stock in Maplewood, Minnesota (the immediate Minneapolis/Saint Paul area). This was two weeks ago. I was at Maplewood Mall, stopped in deliberately looking for Tread Marks. I asked the sales person and he actually knew it by name! (I did have to mention that it was a tank battle game, though.)

I'll stop in at the Comp USA on my way home from work tomorrow and report in then.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 31, 2001 10:48 PM            
EB sores in the Nashville,TN area did NOT have any copies or records in their computers of the game.Babbages did have copies however.

IP:

Karldar
posted January 31, 2001 11:36 PM            
Okay, I called a bunch of places today and here's the report on my findings:

Babbage's
Hickory Hollow Mall, Antioch/Nashville, TN
Not in, don't know when/if they're gonna get it

Best Buy
Hickory Hollow Mall area
Not in, don't know when they're gonna get it, but they should

CompUSA
100 Oaks Mall, Nashville
Not in, but in their system(no date for arrival tho)

Electronics Boutique
Stones River Mall, Murfreesboro, TN
In store(1 copy-$29.99)

Hastings Entertainment
Murfreesboro
In store(1 copy-$29.99)

Media Play
100 Oaks Mall
In store(2 copies-$29.99)

Not too shabby, I guess. 50% of the places I called had TM in stock. 100% would've been nice. Of course, it would've been nice to hear that they had more copies of it. All but Babbage's knew what I was talking about after going into their ordering systems. None knew immediately what TM was tho . Oh, well-hope this helps, Jim.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

JVortex
posted February 01, 2001 02:18 PM            
Well I'm not sure on the addresses here for these, but I hope my inaccuracy can be of at least a little bit of help. I suppose I should note that all of these are west coast USA.

Circuit City
-Springfield Or
-Gateway Shopping Center (Gateway Mall?)
-Gateway Road
I had asked 3 different employees and 2 had never heard of the game. One claimed that he thought he had heard of it but wasn't sure. Personally I think he was lying and just didn't want to look bad.

Good Guys
-Eugene Or
-Delta Oaks Shopping Center
Good Guys said that they didn't carry it, had never heard of it and could not special order anything that didn't already have a place on the shelves.

Office Max
-Eugene Or
-Santa Clara Square
-Division Ave
I didn't bother speaking to a sales person here but they didn't have it either.

Staples
-Eugene Oregon AND in Portland Or
-West 11th in Eugene
-Don't know in Portland
At both of the staples locations I found the same thing. Neither place had heard of it. But they also have a fairly small selection of games.

Office Depot
-Eugene Or
-Chad Drive
I don't really recall here, but I know that they didn't carry it.

Electronics Boutique
-Sacramento Ca
-Arden Fair Mall
They said that they didn't carry it and although he had never heard of it he was sure that it could be special ordered, given about 3 to 5 weeks...

Software Etcettera
-Eugene Or
-Valley River Mall
I finally went here (a small hole in the wall store) and just asked if they had it. Didnt want to waste my time looking for something that probably wasn't there. The sales person walked me straight over to a wall and lo' and behold there it was... about 15 copies of the fabled Tread Marks game! It truly does exist.

So, between 2 states, 4 cities and a week and a half searching time I finally found the game and am a much happier person for it. I was doing a bunch of traveling during this time. Sorry for the sloppy information but I hope it helps out some. Good luck.

(And look, no annoying flashey picture here! hehehe)

Oops, damn, forgot the dates. I know this was all durring December, but I'm not sure on the before and after X-mas part for each specific place. But since I didn't run into a place that was just sold out it probably doesn't matter a lot. I did finally find it at Software Etc. on about Dec 28th or so.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited February 01, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited February 01, 2001).]

IP:

swisher
posted February 01, 2001 09:30 PM            
Comp USA
Roseville, Minnesota (Minneapolis/St. Paul area)

Sales person hadn't heard of it. He looked in their computer and it was listed (I saw it, too), but not in inventory. He said they were waiting to get it for the very first time. He said it would be 3 to 4 weeks before they got it in stock. $29.99.

I'll stop at Best Buy tomorrow after work.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

JVortex
posted February 02, 2001 04:09 PM            
Almost Forgot. As for the places mentioned in my post up there I also noticed that the only place that had DX Ball was the same place that had TM. No place else did at that time. In case you wanted to know.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

IP:

peeeto
posted February 02, 2001 05:50 PM         
on jan. 9th, i called the Electronics Boutique store in Crossgates Mall, Albany NY. i knew that they had one copy of TM in the store, and had it for a few weeks at least. the price $29.99

when i asked if they could get more copies, the clerk said that they could not order it anymore (i think he said that it wasn't in his computer?).

i then looked at the EB website, and found that you could order it online. i also called the ordering phone # on EB's website, and they said that they had about 1,500 copies in stock! when i asked why a store couldn't order it, he said that the warehouse & stores are on different systems...

a week or 2 later, i had the Crossgates store call other local stores, and they came up with a total of 4 copies locally. i think that one store had 1, another had 3, and the third had none.

over. peeeto out.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 03, 2001 02:49 AM            
I checked out all the local computer shops:

Gibson Computers: Stocked YES
@Jakarta: Stocked YES
ElectronicBoutique: Stocked YES
PureLogic: Stocked YES
Dixons: Stocked YES
PC World: Stocked YES
Tiny Computers: Stocked NO
EveshamMicros: Stocked YES
HMV: Stocked YES
Virgin Records: Stocked YES
Tommorows World: Stocked YES

Im still checking as i go further afield, but those that stocked it here (range of 20 miles radius of Knottingley uk) had it in at the RRP £29.99

More news as i get it - uk looks ok tho.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

peeeto
posted February 06, 2001 09:31 AM         
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Electronics Boutique apparently does not offer TreadMarks online anymore!

the link that SuperUnknown gave in topic /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000620.html
does not come up with the product!
and a search for "Tread Marks" on ebworld.com does not come up with a hit!

DAMN you, AAAGame!
you f***ed up my favorite game!

IP:

peeeto
posted February 06, 2001 09:33 AM         
whew! gamestop seems to still carry it...
http://www.gamestop.com/product-detail.jsp?origin=sear&sku=644228

i have to get a copy for a friend in europe, so hopefully i can find one locally still. otherwise, i'll have to order it.

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 06, 2001 10:37 AM            
2/5/01 : CompUSA, Salem, NH. No copies of TM, noone has heard of it.

Still haven't gotten to Nashua, but hopefully very soon...

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted February 06, 2001 11:40 AM            
Checked:
Mediamarkt
Saturn
Softsale
Karstadt

None of them can even order it - and these are about the largest game vendors in Germany.

------------------
----------------------
Founder of BWL
Admin for www.tmvr.de

[I'm searching for a new provider. Need full java + cgi support plus lots of traffic allowance at a reasonable price. Help welcome.]

IP:

peeeto
posted February 06, 2001 12:10 PM         
although all the stores i've called, and most of the online stores have treadmarks for $29.99,
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/jandr/tsy-treadmark-c.html

has it for the new price of $19.99

IP:

swisher
posted February 11, 2001 05:32 PM            
I checked Best Buy in Roseville, Minnesota. They never heard of it and it is not in their computer. Since it is not in the computer, it is a minimum of 3-4 months before it could be on their shelves.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP: