|
Author Topic:   Funky Camera... LDA Responds?
kleenfreek
posted January 30, 2001 01:06 AM            
Well in my prior topic I brought up how I felt that the funky camera should be available to players in TM 1.5+. Quite a few of you responded and agreed, but we haven't heard anything from LDA on the issue.

What the Funky people would like to know is simply if this is a technical issue or a design issue. Have the changes that were made to the camera code as TM evolved from 1.0 to 1.59 made it impossible for the Funky camera to be reimplemented, or is this solely a design decision.

If it is a technical limitation, so be it. You have to move on, make newer, better games, and live with past mistakes. We can deal with that. Case closed. We're not going to ask you to risk breaking the game and introducing new and exciting bugs so that we can enjoy it again.

If it is a design decision, though, please heed the voice of your fans and give us the choice to play the game the way we want to play it. This isn't a wild, random request either. All we're asking for is for you to make the game the way it was.

Again, if you agree with my pro Funky camera sentiment, please speak up here on the board. It will take quite a few people to convince LDA that this is something worth looking into. And if you know anyone that has stopped playing TM because of the camera changes, urge them to post to the board.

frk

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 30, 2001 10:10 AM            
It was a design decision. They say the new camera system is easier to use, but frankly that doesn't make sense - the old modes system was much easier to grasp and use than the new system, which makes it impossible to play and get the same effect as the old cams...

IP:

peeeto
posted January 30, 2001 11:49 AM         
yes, kaeto - and the new mode is affected much more by terrain - for example on the ice map with the small deep canyons, the camera is almost always forced up (which makes it point down on your tank) and you can't see your surroundings.

thsi is hard to deal with if you don't use the mouse at all.

i think that one of the reasons for the newer camera was to prevent terrain clipping (when your camera goes inside of the terrain and you see through the back faces of the poly's). but, i'd rather have that then not be able to see where you want to in the heat of battle!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 02, 2001 02:28 PM            
i like polys, polys are my friend. Okay i know this post was thin. But then you don't have to spam yourself and say I spam, then i spam defending my spam. And we all spam together

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 02, 2001 03:15 PM            
*Dumps the boiling water he just cooked his pasta in over coax's head*

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 02, 2001 03:26 PM            
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh coaxs u just spammed

------------------
Can't forget those invisible smileys at the bottem now can we

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 02, 2001 04:05 PM            
okay what part of you don't have to spam to my spam did you guys not understand, now i have to defend my spam

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 02, 2001 05:47 PM            
You're so jealous, aren't you? :P

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 02, 2001 08:19 PM            
fine, we'll just all spam together. I just think Kaeto feels the heat of me catching up to his post count

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 02, 2001 09:59 PM            
I don't quite feel the heat - the race was to 1k, and I won :P

With LEGITIMATE posts I might add. Of course, now I'm old & senile so I post drivel like this

IP: