This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Utter Crap !!!
=DNX= Matrix
posted January 27, 2001 12:29 AM            
1 hour i stayed on tonight 1 hour - there were 14 active servers and 6 bots in each catering for dm / ctf and race.

How many players ?

N O N E - in a whole hour NONE ! thats how many.

All that rattlin on about servers and now theres plenty theres no players.

Humph, im off to bed.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 27, 2001 12:56 AM            
that sucks Matrix, I would of played if only...

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 27, 2001 04:55 AM            
That seems to be the story around here lately,no humans on the servers.Y,I don't know

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 27, 2001 06:19 PM            
Man, I think peoples need to get the TM demo somehow..... then it'd rocket off fast!!!!!!! hey whats the deal with demo cd's? you know the ones u get in the mail.... do they pay the authors to put there games on the disk or what? if so how bout lda mails one of them the tm demo and says they can have it for like nothin (if i have this all wrong plz tell me

------------------
:^) Can't forget those smileys with big nose's at the bottem now can we :^)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 27, 2001 06:20 PM            
^
^
^
up there i mean they could put the demo on the cd 4 nothing free advertiseing

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 27, 2001 06:21 PM            
sorry also matrix........ on your post you were on at midnight.................. 9 clock 4 california but be time 4 others

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 27, 2001 11:49 PM            
thought CA was 5 hrs behind GMT not 3 ? that would put u in the atlantic ocean, and as we all know water conducts electricity - so.......

hmm lol

-=[/2]=-

PLOP !

IP:

Kegel
posted January 28, 2001 01:15 AM         
Maybe if you would all play the game rather than posting meaningless dribble, the game would flourish. You all talk the talk but you aint got no walk. What a waste of a PC if all you use it for are messageboards.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 28, 2001 05:00 PM            
Heh I hatea to admit it but your a bit right there is to much complaining.... but some times a complaint can be good....or bad........or good.........

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 28, 2001 11:13 PM            
Kegel : "What a waste of a PC if all you use it for are messageboards. "

youre here dudem youre reading, your posting - am i missing the point here, or did you ?

The messageboard is the community - if thats unimportant to you then i calmly suggest you sod off and stop bitching, if ppl dont post feedback negative or positive the lda cant and wont relase fixes or patches that correct whats been said. That goes clearly for code bugs - marketting - support and user base. A browse thru this board will show you that - but then hey, you wont do that cos it aint important - heheh what a pointless person with a pointless post !

Go away.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 29, 2001 12:57 AM            
I agree with you Kegel, there is way to much "dribble," you should help the problem by not posting anymore. Don't mean to be rude but you were mean to us dribble talkers

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

Hunter
posted January 29, 2001 12:57 PM            
I agree with Matrix, where are all the players, I'll tell you where some of them are they are still playing on the damn demo servers, I didnt spend my doe ray me to just play the demo. I play almost every night for at least an hour, usually at about 8:00 to 9:00 pm, I live in AZ. After I get tired of playing with bots I go to the demo and see whos playing, what do I see I see Coax, Superunknown, Rommel (I know you just got the full version)Vlade,Cell, and Sheldon just to name a few, I thought all you guys want to see this game take off. If you keep playing the demo servers, there will be no reason for a newbie to buy the game, it should be the other way around, no one on the demo everyone playing the full version. I like it a lot, the CTF is tons of fun. Its hard not to play the demo whe it is so good and everyone is there playing, but damit I force myself to play at least for a while, and I bump into all kinds of players once I even had the honor to play with LDA Jim himself. He is really good, duh. All I can say is everyone play the full version as often as they can.

IP:

swisher
posted January 29, 2001 01:34 PM            
I agree. I think the demo servers were supposed to be shut down after the release of 1.5?

Thanks for the games the other night, Hunter.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

Rex R
posted January 29, 2001 02:06 PM            
well super unknown says he has an excuse for playing the demo servers, its because his comp tends to lockup whilst playing 1.59. as for the others I can't say. rekon I don't see many ppl either course I don't really have time(to play) till after midnite (cst) and most ppl are in bed

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 29, 2001 06:57 PM            
Thx 4 the support guys, i truely feel a part of the tm family now. Playing the demo server aint a prob, but the more ppl we can coax (no name copyright infringment intended - lol)into the full version the better.

That said 159 crashed my comp too, so im back on 158 which seems happy running on 159 servers.

The screamsaver is almost complete and the flags file is taking shape - were rockin my fellow players, we just need more full version players convertin over !

We just released the GEN 2 mod fr battlezone which adds around 30 new ships, this is building our client base for the gaming world, and were slowly "guiding" them towards TM.

With the final closure of the battlezone servers due in around 6 months i hope to bring the whole client base, lonewolves and clans along with me to instantly populate this place with around 30 clans, i hope to do this with the simultaeous release of my BZ mod. We hope to have that running on a dedicated t1 server too at certain times.

Stay tuned, im doing my level best 4 u guys.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Cell
posted January 29, 2001 09:04 PM         
Hunter, you sure you played me on the 1.0 demo servers!???!! I don't who you actually played, but it wasn't me.
I hope the imposter got at least one frag, LOL.

I can't even remember the last time I played 1.0, but I think you and I did a few CTF rounds last weekend.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 30, 2001 03:06 AM            
I'm like you Hunter,I go to the demo to look for humans.When I load up the game,I check the latest version servers first,then,if nobody is on them(9/10 times there are no humans) I go to the demo, which you can usually find at least one human at anytime of the day.
#2-I don't think the old demo servers should be yanked down immediatly.I don't know how,but there needs to be some heads up notice.The demo server is heavier populated than the full servers(there are also a lot of "regualars") and I think that if you yank it down without notice,the people will just stop playing thinking the server is down and eventually move to another game.

IP:

Hunter
posted January 30, 2001 11:11 AM            
Sorry Cell, I may have been mistaken, I know I think it was AI Cell. Anyway Superunknown its not good enough to just check the servers you need to stay on for a while so that when someone else comes by to "check for humans" they will find you. I did enjoy playing last night with Swisher and Cell, I was a little late but at least I got a couple of frags in. I really liked those maps I had never seen all the maps yet because as soon as I bought the game went straight to multiplayer, and then when I discovered CTF I mostly played there. I wish they would make more CTF maps. I stayed online last night for another hour after Cell and Swisher left and no one else logged on so I went to the demo side and only two people were playing, Sheldon and LIL Shot. BTW the ping is losy on the demo servers compared to the 100 and 150 I get on the full version.

IP:

peeeto
posted January 30, 2001 12:18 PM         
hee hee! AI-Cell was a robot... Sheldon named alot of the robots after regular players. i was really honored when he included my name for the robots - it was fun being fragged by AI-peeet.

yeah - the ping is bad on the demo servers for me, too. another thing is that the weapons appear to shoot differently. the "new" weapons all have a little guidance, but the demo 1.0 weapons do not. so, for example, i've noticed that i will take a long shot with the plasma cannon and i will see the projectile track to the enemy, but the shot is actually going straight, and the crater end up not where the shot appears to land.

i suspect that this may be one of the reasons that the demo games are more choppy when using the ver 1.5 game?

the reason i think this is that once, i replaced the mesh for the liquid falcon with a WWII german tiger tank that i'm working on - then i connected to a demo server. my FPS suffered & lag increased - the tank was shifting location up & down and things were very choppy.
i think that was caused by the fact that the custom model has different bounding coordinates than the original falcon model, and my computer was calculating its position based on the shape of the custom model, but the server thought it was a falcon tank, and was calculating position based on the original model's shape - and the lag resulted from the server trying to resolve the position info sent by my PC...?

now, i'm thinking that gameplay might suffer on demo servers when using ver 1.5+ because ver 1.5+ entities are "told" to act differently than the demo entities, and the server may use more resources in resolving those differences.

i have always wanted to try to edit the 1.5+ entities to be like the 1.0 entities, and then connect to the demo server - maybe that would help?

i don't know if it would improve ping, though...

IP:

JVortex
posted January 30, 2001 01:00 PM            
Well, back to the original topic I agree about the boo and hiss of there rarely being human players on the servers. Last time I was on with a human it was myself and Synack trolling about when we were told to "Get off our server" by the sys opp and then were promptly kicked. Just seemed rude to me. Granted this was labeled as a temporary server. Should we players stay off temp servers? Was the sys opp being unjustly rude to me or was I being an ass for logging in and I should have known better? Hell if i know. If I was in the wrong a little bit of politeness would have convinced me to move on to greener pastures (as in just being asked to leave).

OK, all done venting now. And oh ya, need more humans to frag!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited January 30, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted January 30, 2001 01:57 PM            
I imagine that most of the 'temp' servers are folks who just set up a server to a) see if they could or b) setup a server for themselves and their buds. in any case it seems to me that if you send heartbeats to the master(go public) common courtesy should apply as in, we're having a clan match please leave, or include in the server.cfg a line saying 'just for friends of john doe'(less rude than go away).

IP:

synack
posted January 30, 2001 02:51 PM         
Yeah, it was kind of rude getting booted like that. We've all gotten used to much more civil and cordial behavior.

On the other hand, other temp server sysops have been quite happy to have visitors, and I've played a good number of games with these guys.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 30, 2001 11:58 PM            
I had some guys ask me to leave the public server the other day.One guy said it wasn't fair that I kept winning and told me to get off.His buddies joined in and said the same thing.Now that was rude.Needless to say,I left anyway
Hunter-I usually do play on the full servers for a while,but the bots get pretty old quickly.I don't have time to play with just bots.I love the challenge of human players that are not predictible like bots.I'm busy pretty much all the time, so when I'm on,I'm looking for a real game.
As far as there not being humans on the servers,it always come back to the original concept;More advertising,less in the demos, and a better distributer.At least thats what I think,then again I'm not a game developer

IP:

Rex R
posted January 31, 2001 02:46 AM            
maybe I have gotten used to having other tanks win it usually doesn't bother me who wins. will admit though it does feel nice to get the drop on someone who is hot. just as a for instance(don't recall doing so) to see super unk on a hill top off in the distance and peg him 1 with a mass round, which usually results in me getting fragged shortly thereafter but its all in fun though. the sad thing is the ppl who complain the most/be the rudest/boast the most are usually pretty poor tankers. did see a person the other day who was just setting themselves up for a challenge, they were using the the name general patton....

IP:

synack
posted January 31, 2001 07:11 AM         
I believe Gen. Patton was playing on the server where JVortex and I got booted last week.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited January 31, 2001).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2