|
Author Topic:   color laser?
Rex R
posted January 22, 2001 03:45 AM            
umm RC I wanted to try out the color laser but, all I get is 'page cannot be displayed'. I can get the description all right, however I can't dl it.
if it is still available could you maybe email it to me? Q what sort of font would you like your qestion mark to be in(random weapon)?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 22, 2001 09:28 AM            
Thanks for the info - I'll go try to find it. A few weeks ago I had a server crash on the FTP server...I had hoped I got all the files back...guess I didn't.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 22, 2001 11:06 AM            
I think I have it on another computer than the one I'm using right now. I'll see if I can upload it later today...I'll post here when I do.

IP:

Rex R
posted January 22, 2001 12:19 PM            
ok, sounds good. now then about the Qmark, the question stands. I can make 3-d objects out of text(true type) and have an assortment of fonts to choose from

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted January 22, 2001 01:28 PM            
Q-Mark...er...yeah...

I got a new version of that one that I have to put together. Got Noper to make a good QMark just never got back to making the entity - oops. Maybe I'll go with the way the FT&CD server does randomizing...with that you don't need any special marks - it just uses the ammo box in various sizes (and proportions) and textures.

--RC

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted January 22, 2001 01:36 PM            
Ok...

Color Laser Pack: Uploaded
MIRV Missile: Uploaded

Anyone find anything else missing? I may still have a few files not there - though I hope not.

--RC

IP:

synack
posted January 22, 2001 01:57 PM         
Can anyone tell me what "FT&CD" stands for? I noticed the mining mods when I played there yesterday.

IP:

JVortex
posted January 22, 2001 02:19 PM            
Hey RC, I noticed that the Nuke Tank isn't there and that the maps section is down (although it's not hosted on your site I thought I would let you know anyways).

Are there any plans by anyone for releasing a FULL mod pack that just simply contains all of the various addons? I think this would be convenient for those people who just purchased the game so they can grab everything all in one go.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

IP:

Karldar
posted January 22, 2001 03:43 PM            
Flying tanks and cookie dough, synack. JL's server, i think.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

synack
posted January 22, 2001 04:45 PM         
Ahhhhhh! Thanks, Karldar!

The mining mods make perfect sense in that case.

IP:

swisher
posted January 22, 2001 05:45 PM            
JVortex:

Here is a zip fle with many mods:
http://www.driveway.com/bin/share.jsp?sid=7107a0d6.51ca3

Download file TM-Mods-Aug-01-2000.zip.

It used to have all mods, but it is quite old now and is missing a lot of the new ones. I used to maintain it, but mods seem to be on the outs online lately, so I stopped.

To not use mods, simply rename the addons folder to noaddons (or whatever).

There is a readme file contained in the zip file instructing you on how to unzip it.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited January 22, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 22, 2001 05:52 PM            
jvortek: a lot of people don't like all the mods out there so why have them. Also, TM is such a small community that if you wanted mods you can just ask around, and plus i doubt there is much demand for mods anyways. The reason i don't like mods all that much is because their either to weak or way-way to strong.

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 23, 2001 12:09 AM            
I think u should just go through n carefully pick um out thats what i did. Doesn't take long

------------------
:^) Can't forget those smileys with big nose's at the bottem now can we :^)

IP:

Rex R
posted January 23, 2001 01:26 AM            
RC got it thanks. 1 reason that mods aren't overly popular is unless the server is setup with them, you can't use them in multiplayer. also it takes a bit longer(for me a good bit longer) to connect, meanwhile everyone else on the server waits to frag you as soon as you show up(kidding).

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 23, 2001 01:18 PM            
As for NukeTank:
GoldAnt is changing it so it won't be put up.

As for server connections:
The best method is for servers with lots of changes to upload a zip of the files (other than the weapon dir and any changed defaults for download. That way people wouldn't have to wait through 300 some altered ents when connecting to *cough* JL's *cough* server.

------------------
Random Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site, Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 23, 2001 08:23 PM            
Hey :P jl's server is good i still can't get ahold of him for the mods he uses on it

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 23, 2001 08:31 PM            
TA DA made the changes so as soon as RC *coughs histarically* gets on icq 4 once................ i can icq it to him.

------------------

IP:

JL
posted January 23, 2001 11:11 PM            
Ok I uploaded the mining/FTnCD mods. http://www.crosswinds.net/~georgedpew/Miningmods.zip
I'll see if RC will host them on his site. The problem with the mining mod is it changes constantly but I guess updating 50 ents is still better than updating 300.

[This message has been edited by JL (edited January 23, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted January 24, 2001 02:25 AM            
well now that I've had a chance to look at the color laser; neat. one thought sprang to mind when I glanced at the ents shouldn't the red laser do less damage and the purple do more damage? (twould be easier to figure if there were 7 colors, green could be normal damage)

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited January 24, 2001).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 24, 2001 11:58 AM            
JL: Yeah, I'll stick it on my site...but I'm leaving on a ski trip this weekend so it may not go up for about 2 weeks.

Rex: The 6 lasers all do the same damage and their combined weight is the same as a normal laser. You're free to play with them though - the main part was getting the base color files for the lasers out...its a nice bonus.

------------------
Random Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site, Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 24, 2001 07:31 PM            
RC HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT get on icq before u go skiing n brake your neak neke? how do you spell neek neak neke? the thingy right under your head i forgot im so imbearessed that feeling when u can't spell the suddenly

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 25, 2001 01:39 AM            
www.deathmatch-federation.com will soon be releasing its first mods. Initially they will comprise of the clan flags (so everyone with the files on their sys will be able to see them) and some weapon enhancements and colour / shape changes to the standard weapons.

Entire maps sounds and meshes will follow as i slowly figure out how the hell to make em : lol

ps: if anyone wants to send in their mods for download im more than willing to hold em on the DMF.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

JVortex
posted January 25, 2001 02:38 AM            
Well as for both of the download links there neither one worked. Maybe I'm just downloading too late and the files aren't there (Swisher and JL).

Anyhow the full mod download was just an idea because I'm sure that someone would go for that. Although you're right coax, the Tread Marks community is very small, sadly enough. I really wish this game would take off and become more popular.

Personally I like the addons mainly for the "pretty" effect that they add to the game. this is one of the most visually stimulating games I've seen. That combined with a killer sound track and just great game play makes it a winner in my book.

If everyone can keep a secret I normally run hacked games that I have downloaded. But this is the 1st game that I liked so much that I went out and bought it (after trying the hack ). Took me all day just to find the game too, most stores didnt carry it and some hadn't even heard of it.

I know that this is the wrong place for this question but I would like to make a conversion of one of the tanks in Tread Marks for use in 4x4 Evolution. Can anyone help with this? I really don't know what I'm doing yet. I'll make a post in the propper forum as well with more info on this.

And by the way, the laser pack is cool. heh.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site!!

IP:

JL
posted January 26, 2001 08:19 AM            
The link is working for me. Maybe it was down for a while. Crosswinds isn't that reliable. I'll up it to another server when I get some time

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 26, 2001 07:08 PM            
Worked 4 me JL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HAVE ONE THINGY TO SAY TO U!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOOVE UM I'VE NEVER HAD SO MUCH FUn!!!!!!!!!!!! MINGING 4 EVER WHENS THE NEXT MEETING OR YOURS I WANNA COME

------------------

IP: