|
Author Topic:   A Thousand Pardons, A Million Thank you's
=DNX= Matrix
posted January 20, 2001 11:42 PM            
To LDA.

I know ive bitched a lot recently with the many probelms that have faced us in the last few weeks through the various patches. My main gripe was against those penis-heads at AAAGame.

I went on tonight after installing 158 and lo and behold i see 6 servers - all with the correct config, the correct version, low pingrates, and people on em.

Cem / Peeto / Blackdeath / B+ (aka lignum vitae) and Villan.

Top game, no lag.

Fellas, what can i say, what a redemption. Ill have more faith next time.

Now, lets discuss the uk t-shirt merchandising and designs. (jim knows about this)

ps, i think with the help of a new member (unknown chaos) and his t3 connection and with some small amount of server / client tuition we should have a dnx server up and running in no time.

Best wishes 2 u all, and thx 4 all the hard work, i was wrong to doubt you.

-=(/2)=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 20, 2001 11:45 PM            
if their was a TM bumper sticker, I know i would put it on my car, right next to my KROQ sticker.

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 20, 2001 11:49 PM            
you design it, lda will ok it, i will merchandise it in the uk !

nuff said !

JIM ! JIM I NEED UR INPUT HERE ! LIKE NNNNNOOOOOWWWWWWWW !

hehehe

-=(/2)=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 21, 2001 12:08 AM            
one of the designs of the shirts should be to have, the actual marks that tanks leave, so basically treadmarks across the upper front side of the shirt, and have it say Tread Marks someplce on the shirt like the back or something. Or even have the treadmarks go across the entire shirt. That would be cool

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 21, 2001 12:16 AM            
-
-
-
Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmm !

-=(/2)=-

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 21, 2001 01:23 AM            
I'll see if Philippe can spare some time and whip up a T-shirt and a bumper sticker.

I guess that the economics of shirts favours a single panel across the front?

Jim

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 21, 2001 01:25 AM            
Matrix...

You're summary opinion of AAAGame is weellll...to the point

Jim

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 21, 2001 02:14 AM            
Hahahaha well Jim, i like to be concise

and honest *ahem*

ps, hope u dont mind, all my weapons fire are changed to look diffrent, gonna make some cool kickass graphics.

ps, if anyone wants to design a bumper sticker / t-shirt send it either in to jim, or into the dmf for display, maybe we can make a competition out of this somehow jim ?

Ahhh nothing like a good promotion is there

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 21, 2001 01:53 PM            
just one quick comment in between my studying.

If the case with AAA games ever goes to court just ask the jury or judge, "have you ever heard of Tread Marks", "I rest my case."

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 25, 2001 07:28 PM            
LOLOLOL HEY LDA how bout a TM screen saver where it runs the rolling demo when u leave your cpu. that'd be cool. Just make it in another patch where u can go into options n set it so that when treadmarks is or isn't runing it turns on the screen saver after blank minutes. I know i'd like it And maybe a TM screen shot taker inside TM itself. hit print screen every shot. After game it shows u the pics u took lets u zoom in/out save um n delte um.......etc wouldn't be to hard would it?

------------------
:^) Can't forget those smileys with big nose's at the bottem now can we :^)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 25, 2001 08:00 PM            
Heheheh sorry goldAnt, i beat you to that one, its almost complete.

Ill send a copy to LDA before relase sine it includes their trademarks and logos. As long as everything is ok, it will be available for download on the DMF before too long - stay tuned.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 25, 2001 11:17 PM            
I dunno jack about game advertising but I would petetion the major gaming sights to advertise the demo if that would help or be effective.Oh yeah,the newest demo has no multiplayer.Is there a chance to make a multiplayer version of 1.5*?Maybe just allowing one tank and one map so the people will need to go buy the game if they like it.I don't think 1.1 demo worked like it should because people just play the demo and never purchase the game.I can easily count 10-20 players on the demo on any given afternoon.And these guys are regualers so they must like the game.Also,limiting some of the weapons would prob help.You would have to have the nuke to get their attention then say at the demo closing that there are more weapons and maps in the retail version.I just think the earlier demos gave too much,so there was little reason to go purchase the game.I found the 1.1 demo at pcgameworld.com and played the demo until I was tired of the 3 maps and wanted more.I also think that if the demo could make it to the demo cd's that gaming magazines distibute,TM would take off like a rocket.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 25, 2001 11:31 PM            
ohohohohhohoho im one of the peoples who was a regular lda im livein proof n thats a fact

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 26, 2001 06:52 PM            
I've had the demo since march 20th all the way tell last jan 9th i think

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 26, 2001 07:00 PM            
I think multiplayer should be included in the demo. But for the old version demo just gave to much away for free. There should be strict limitations with a 1.5 multiplayer demo. Like no nukes for them, and 20 miniutes of play time per day. You have to treat TM like a drug, give them a little here and there untill their hooked and they have to fork over the big cash.

------------------
Biography Website

IP: