|
Author Topic:   Server settings
Skandranon
posted January 19, 2001 04:48 PM            
Just a suggestion, and one that I'd greatly appreciate...

I finally am seeing more than one or two (or no!) servers up for version 1.5, but the folks that are setting these up... well... either they don't play much on them, or they have ADD.
Teams in DM are a good thing, and CTF is at least as good... but please, if you're going to play team scores in either setup - TURN THE MAX NUMBER OF KILLS UP. Sheesh. When there's 5-6 on each team and the max kills is 20, you maybe capture the flag twice, three at most, and the game's over. And with that many players in DM you might get to wrack up 4-6 kills before the game stops. Whee. What fun.

Just my opinion, but I doubt I'm the only one that dislikes 5 minute CTF games!

In other news... personally, I adore this game and have been trying desperately to convince friends to take it up, and will probably set up my own server in the near future, with lots of bandwidth, right in the middle of the US.

Thanks LDA,

Skandranon

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 19, 2001 06:47 PM            
I agree ALSO lda???? on treadmarks now i can't set the frags over 60!!!!!! n the Ctf games r shorter than short i like it at 200 or 300. plz fix this in the next patch or two plz plz plz plz plz

------------------
P) Can't forget those pirate smileys at the bottem now can we P)

IP:

LDATom
Administrator
posted January 19, 2001 07:52 PM            
Settings for frag counts are controlled by the server admins. I suggest you look at the contact information for each server (through their web page or whatever) and tell them what you want changed. Most of these guys are good at that

I'm increasing the frag count to 40 in the dedicated.cfg that comes with the patch.

Tom

IP:

Skandranon
posted January 19, 2001 08:26 PM            
Oh, I know who's responsible Thanks for the reply LDATom, and I'm glad to hear the default's being raised a bit.

I was just hoping most of those folks read the forum once in a while... and for future notice to other server operators.

I'd also advise them to get rid of a few maps that are okay for racing, but not for DM - some of the ice maps come to mind... there's one that has some SERIOUS clipping and camera issues, though its name eludes me. It's an ice world with a network of tunnels through it. Camera gets lost in the terrain constantly, as do tanks.

In short - check those dedicated.cfg files more thoroughly!

Skandranon

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 19, 2001 11:41 PM            
no no no no no no no. I meant in single player mode. I know how to change it in multiplayer..........etc Im stuck at 60 so i can't have a long game

------------------
P) Can't forget those pirate smileys at the bottem now can we P)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 20, 2001 02:04 PM            
I can't set the frags above 60 in single player mode. whaaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaa try it 4 yourself!!!

------------------
:^) Can't forget those smileys with big nose's at the bottem now can we :^)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 20, 2001 05:21 PM            
I can't even type in a number!!!!! plz respond

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 23, 2001 12:51 AM            
Sorry if this is what u call spam but tom plz plz plz plz plz come n respond. The thingy won't let me type in more than 2 digits. Im e mailing u now i'll send u a picture of the thingy im talking aabout plz respond plz plz plz plz plz

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 23, 2001 01:03 AM            
it was set so that peoples comps wouldn't kill over when you set it to 1,000,000 .Theres an old post that talks about it

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 24, 2001 07:57 PM            
BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE YOUR SUPOSED TO FRY YOUR CPU!!!!!!!!!! in other words hey come on can't we set the frags to at least 999 instead of 99!!!! i still don't understand its the frag limit on your cpu whaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaa

------------------

IP: