|
Author Topic:   TANJ!!!
Rex R
posted January 16, 2001 04:05 AM            
so the other day I went to play online, only server was v1.5.5 & I had 1.5.7 installed, fiddle about get 1.5.5 going get back online play 1 round get msg' server going down'. this eve it was 1 server 1.58 more fiddling about(now have 2 copies of game on HD) get back online no servers. well TANJ!!!!!

IP:

Karldar
posted January 16, 2001 05:20 AM            
TANJ!-lol, I like that Rex. Anyhoo, I've put up a 1.5.8 server that I can play on, but I'm not sure about anyone else. I'll leave it up for a while and see if peeps can connect to it or not. Had some trouble with running a 1.5.5 server before so I'm not sure this will work. It's on cable in the SE US. Gimme a holler if'n ya got problems with it.
Setup is 2 bots on their own team(red) with 2 separate player teams available(black and blue, I think), team damage and a mix of CTF and DM. Yeah, I was too lazy to weed out the CTF maps-I freely admit it. Just wanted to get a server up and (hopefully) running.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 17, 2001 02:57 AM            
okay, I give up what does "TANJ" mean?

IP:

Rex R
posted January 17, 2001 04:15 AM            
There Aint No Justice I 1st ran across the acronym whilst reading Larry Niven's known space series

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 17, 2001 04:30 AM            
thanks for the info. I'll bring it into my internet lingo

Except now everyone will say what does TANJ mean

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

Rex R
posted January 17, 2001 05:14 AM            
ah but those who know will prolly agree as for the rest well... it beets the same old 4 letter words being bandied about. what can you say about the state of education when someone misspelles a 3 letter word refering to a donkey (by leaving out an s)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 17, 2001 10:38 AM            
I dunno, Me ewnt to pubic school

ps. miss-spellings were intentional, duh.

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

Hawk
posted January 19, 2001 07:34 PM            
HEHEHEH! I haven't heard 'TANJ' in forever! (It's from a Robert Heinlein novel originally, but I don't remember which one)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 19, 2001 11:46 PM            
Im missing somethin whats tanj mean?

------------------
:^) Can't forget those smileys with big nose's at the bottem now can we :^)

IP:

peeeto
posted January 20, 2001 01:59 AM         
read the 4th post from the top, GA

IP:

Rex R
posted January 20, 2001 02:06 AM            
well les see there is 'tanstaafl'(there aint no such thing as a free lunch-the moon is a harse mistress; RAH) re;tanj defined above. basically used when you've been doing everthing right but, circumstaces prevent you from doing something. example you just finished writing a report and all you have left to do is save it and print when the a)power goes off b)the hd crashes and the printer dies c)all of the above and more

IP:

Hawk
posted January 20, 2001 11:05 AM            
Eh, tanjit

(Woohoo! Curse acronyms!)

------------------
Temporal Chaos 0wnz j00!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 20, 2001 01:01 PM            
oh i get it..... almost whats the acutal meaning? curses? im confsued?

------------------
:^) Can't forget those smileys with big nose's at the bottem now can we :^)

IP: