|
Author Topic:   Joy to the world... linux
Dudymas
posted January 15, 2001 06:05 PM            
I herby announce a great breakthrough:

By linux, i'm able to rename my computer to The_Dudey_Mobile.... so, now everyday that i come back from school or wake up (imagine that, some days i don't wake up.... just kidding) I can, without any conflicts, yell just like batman: TO The DUDEY MOBILE.... mwahahhahahhahah

sorry, i'm okay now... but on to the point, who supports the porting of TM to linux, or at least making it compatible with WINE?

Then, we could have some GREAT fun, since we could set up some NICE servers... without any crashes or bangs, and maybe less lag.

Also, i'll go ahead and admit i haven't been posting much since i'm totally into Linux... the monstrosity has more programs that hex edit, word format, word process, compile, and all this other stuff i'm trying to define than there are games on my windows system, i'll have to take a week or so more to figure them all out.

------------------

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 15, 2001 06:42 PM         
Most people take years even to scratch the surface of a recent Linux distribution's packages... Good luck, Dudy. Sad enough, my Comp has too many HDDs to switch to a standard IDE setup (I have to use the A7V built-in Promise UDMA controller - but that gives me a total of 70gig, at least ) meaning that, combined with the GeForce2, most modern Linux distributions simply crash their installation routines at some point or another. Strange but true and truly remarkable: Windoze runs far more stable on this machine than any Unix-like system ever has (or, presumably, will).

IP:

Dudymas
posted January 15, 2001 07:04 PM            
I'm not saying that Linux is an end-all OS, and hopefully i'll stay that way, i'm just saying, i LOVE it... and i want TM to work on it, since it is so much fun to harness, learn, and configure. Everyday seems to be like opening another present, i almost like not knowing everything, windows is too simple for anyone to use efficiently without a buncha money, my linux installation already has all this free ware enough to do just about anything on a computer... windows seems to be a pair of crutches, while linux is a high performance fully armed (big surprise here) tank. That's just my point of view, and it's very exaggerated... both windows and linux have their ways at doing things, and, a better motto, if it works, and it works best, use it, it just seems that linux is right for me, and i'm not telling anyone it'll work great, but don't think that windows is the only way to live if you hate it. I can hardly wait to try OS/2, BeOS, BSD, and other OS's, i'm on the thrill ride of a computer goer's life... but i'll be sure to drop a word or two when I can, and tell how emulating TM onto Linux is going, since i'll be working on that soon enough... now, off to homework...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 15, 2001 07:29 PM            
your dream may come sooner than you realise dude, COREL CORPORATION recon their linux will be 100% windows compatible in the next 12 months, that means running a small WINE type emulator patch b4 it runs the program, clever huh !

Tell you what too, soon as its out im dumpin wondows 4 good - bloody 1971 architecture - BLURGH !

tell u what else too, KILL -9 -9 -9 and chown are absolute buggers in the CLI (command line interface).

top tips, run KDE not gnome - use photoshop not gimp and buy more computers to link up - linux is a dream !

ps : the command string is in octal in case you were wondering !

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Cell
posted January 15, 2001 08:36 PM         
Welcome back Dudy! ...and welcome /The_Dudy_Mobile/, too!

We've missed your unique input, so get back to what you do best.

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited January 15, 2001).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 15, 2001 09:16 PM            
Whoa cell the animation was cool

------------------
P) Can't forget those pirate smileys at the bottem now can we P)

IP:

Dudymas
posted January 15, 2001 09:28 PM            
I'll try my best to get back into it, cell, but with so much to do, woooooooo... i can't decide... HEY, i know, let's do both, :-P

btw, does anyone know what happened to that smiley website we once had, can't find it and i want some good smileys like the one with a jumping spinning insane smiley, that should be my sig smiley, ;-)

------------------

IP:

Dudymas
posted January 15, 2001 09:32 PM            
btw. i'm listening to They Might Be Giants, so expect even worse posts later, ;-)

Uh oh, i see one coming along.......

who thinks that tennis balls should be so fuzzy? don't you think it would be a lot funner if you got to choose from different assortments? Or maybe two tennis balls bungeed together, with that coating that makes them spark when they clash,,,, OHHH, does anyone remember those hard balls you could get that when you dropped them one on another, they'd spark and there would be a minute explosion, but the balls remained intact.... what about something like that in TM, where you had to bump tanks with your front on their side or back, and they'd spark and fly off, wooooo... that would be a LOT of fun for ambushes *rolls around on floor daydreaming of fragging people by launching JL ino crowds via mass driver propulsion*
bwahahahahahahah!

IP:

Cell
posted January 16, 2001 05:11 PM         
Sorry Dudy, I lost the smiley link too. Just fake it

IP: