|
Author Topic:   Valhalla
ramTHIS
posted January 14, 2001 11:16 PM            
Valhalla, the new TM server courtesy of ramTHIS's schools LAN will should start making apperances immediately. It will be running 1.5.7 DM games, no teams, and normal settings 20frags/20minutes.

If you guys have problems with it, let me know, and I"ll try to figure out what's up...I'm new at this.

-ram

IP:

synack
posted January 15, 2001 09:39 AM         
Looking forward to seeing YOU there!!

MUAAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 15, 2001 11:12 AM            
So only peoples on lan can play?

------------------
%) Can't forget those smileys that have been stareing at the computer to long at the Bottem Can we %)

IP:

synack
posted January 15, 2001 11:18 AM         
No, anyone can play. You too!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 15, 2001 11:32 AM            
Hey,Thanks ramTHIS!Any chance you can throw in a few bots?

IP:

ramTHIS
posted January 15, 2001 01:48 PM            
Sure, SuperUnknown, how many bots you want?

Also, our network gets kinda slow midday, so expect to see the server only at nights, like around 7 or 8 EST until either 1 or 2 or sometimes all night...if the network is going well...

I was downloading today at like 30KB/sec...and last NIGHT at like 130KB/sec...so you can see why it will only be at night...

Also, my comp isn't extremely high end...it's a P3 650 processor with normal video stuff...it doesn't play TM as well as my comp at home, so I don't know how much I will be able to play online, unless someone can tell me how to improve performance...it's very choppy video now...so I'm inclined not to play in fear of getting my butt kicked

Anyone know how I can improve the performance?

thanks...

ramTHIS.....Valhalla

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 15, 2001 02:36 PM            
I can't see the server haven't all moring????

------------------
P) Can't forget those pirate smileys at the bottem now can we P)

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 15, 2001 02:49 PM            
ramTHIS - your computer will have no trouble at all being a server. Past about 200 mhz a TM server doesn't get much benefit, unlike most other games...

And if TM runs bad on your system - you probably have a junky video card. If you spent like 50 bucks (or less) to pick up a TNT2, TM would run wonderfully.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 15, 2001 04:52 PM            
ramthis: can we send suggestions and changes we like to see at the server?

IP:

synack
posted January 15, 2001 05:14 PM         
Since I'm here, I'll take the liberty of answering for ramTHIS, although he pretty much already said it.

Sure! Send him any suggestions you have!

IP:

ramTHIS
posted January 15, 2001 08:45 PM            
yes, all suggestions, etc. are welcome. I AM at school, so it may take a day or 2 to get a response from me, or for me to get something to change...but still, let me have them!
-ram

IP:

ramTHIS
posted January 15, 2001 08:49 PM            
P.S. : Valhalla is running tonight, Mon 1/15...and will continue all night until one of 2 things happen :

1.) comp freezes/crashes (I hope this won't happen)
2.) I turn it off

I'm going to my gf's to have pizza and watch a dvd tonight, so I won't be back here until maybe midnight...so if you're lookin for me, that's probably when I'll hop online and see who's here

-ramTHIS

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 15, 2001 09:04 PM            
Hey how about a CTF server?

------------------
P) Can't forget those pirate smileys at the bottem now can we P)

IP:

ramTHIS
posted January 15, 2001 09:28 PM            
well, I've heard a need for a normal DM server more than a CTF...with ctf, you only have 5 maps...so it's less condusive to people playing for a long time....maybe sometimes I'll run CTF, but mostly DM...what does everyone else think? if there's more need for ctf, I'll switch, but that's not the general vibe I've been feeling

-ram

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 16, 2001 12:47 AM            
4 should be enough.gives me something to kill even if there is no human players

IP: