|
Author Topic:   SERVER UP
Kegel
posted January 14, 2001 03:26 PM         
Zoomtown DM server up @ 3:30pm EST. Since noone else wants to run a server...figured I would. This TM community is freakin weak.

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted January 14, 2001 03:30 PM            
cool ill look into it.

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 14, 2001 05:08 PM         
At least it _IS_ a community, man.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 14, 2001 06:34 PM            
......................Its the best Community round :P Other Games don't have that

------------------
%) Can't forget those smileys that have been stareing at the computer to long at the Bottem Can we %)

IP:

Kegel
posted January 14, 2001 07:14 PM         
No offense. Just seems there is a complete lack of active players. I disagree that other games dont have communities....if any of you are into flight sims, check out F4community.com ,,,falcon 4 is truly a remarkable piece of work and the community is more active now than it was 2 years ago. Really amazing.

By the way...if anyone here wants to try another relaly GREAT online game, pick up Clusterball....its a free download. You can add additional maps for cost if you want but there are always games going on with the fre map as well.. Very addicting....need a joystick though....not a pad.

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 14, 2001 07:38 PM         
Whoah... falcon 4??? I never thought they'd program another sequel... Cool thing.
I remember that falcon 3 once got the
"Das schwerste Spiel aller Zeiten" award:
Falcon 3.0 under OS2: some seven kilos, I think it were... (German puns are no better than those in any other language: "hard" and "heavy" translate into the same word when applied to e.g. games...)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 14, 2001 09:08 PM            
Wheres cluster?

------------------
%) Can't forget those smileys that have been stareing at the computer to long at the Bottem Can we %)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 14, 2001 11:22 PM            
I have to agree with you one one point Kegel,there is a lack of active players.A lot of the people that post here,I have never played with and I try to play almost everynight.I do like this forum and people participate in the discussions,but finding them playing on the servers is another thing.I understand if you live in a different timezone or play at during the day when I'm not on.Oh well,I'll get off my rant for now.I would just like to find some humans playing when I drop by.

IP:

Karldar
posted January 15, 2001 03:15 AM            
I think that things were going fine server-wise until the patches came out. I mean no offense to LDA cuz I know that they are working on the problems. My problem lies with AAA-if I can run a server(barely, I admit), then they should surely be able to run several with their huge amount of resources as a game publisher. All we really need are a few 1.5 servers until the bugs are worked out with the CTF version. How hard can that be for AAA? Obviously harder than I think it should be. RC, what do you think about an email campaign? Would that get AAA moving? Anyhoo, that's my 2 Pfennig(thanks for the German flava, Dreamer-cents are soooooo overrated ).

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

swisher
posted January 15, 2001 08:52 AM            
ClusterBall can be gotten at www.3dfiles.com (or www.clusterball.com ). I think the entire game is free now, too. The reason I think it's free is because my last download of it included the Taj Mahaul map, which in previous versions was available only for a fee. RealGames bought ClusterBall from the original author(s) (I think). My online name in ClusterBall is forcers (202 games and still at Ball Boy [the second lowest rating]).

I played for a while, and do like it. My joystick never worked with it, so I was keyboard only -- pretty tough for a flight sim. My mouse does work with it now, though, so maybe I'll try a few games now and again. Been inactive for about 4 months.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

Kegel
posted January 15, 2001 08:54 AM         
AAA is a freakin joke. I can't believe I actually pais them for ANOTHER copy of this game. Rereleasing a game and charginf full price is rediculous....they said there were so many changes it couldnt be done in a patch. BS. Forcing you to install all that music is a joke as well....this game shouldnt be 300 megs. I can honestly say, the only reason I bought it was to support LDA and the idea of Independent gaming.

Oh yeah....and where is the freakin patch that fixes the joystick memory? How hard can it be? I gurantee noone has even looked at it yet.

AAA...................FU!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 15, 2001 11:44 AM            
Hey Kegel,Its good that you bought the game to support the developers.I don't understand why you haven't became an addict yet.I started playing the demo six months-year? ago and haven't stopped playing yet.I've played other multiplayer games(ie Quake series,Unreal,Everquest,Tribes,Rogue Spear,....blah blah blah).They are all excellent games,but I've spent more time playing TM than any other game,with the possible exeption of Starcraft.The game is almost perfect I hope TM will get the total recognition it deserves someday.The game could use a little improvement in the weapons catergory.Like add a little more with a patch,but other than that,it is more than enough to keep me hooked and playing all the time.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited January 15, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 15, 2001 11:45 AM            
Sorry Kegel,missed the part where you said "ANOTHER copy"

IP: