|
Author Topic:   i think that...
Hinny
posted January 13, 2001 11:47 PM         
i think we should be able to move the turret at an angle... sometimes it gets annoying when my dag nam cannon can hit a enemy coz they are just outa reach

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted January 14, 2001 03:01 PM            
I know what you mean. BUT, i think that it adds to the dificulty of the game which is a good thing to me. You find yourself moving a lot more and trying to get your tank at an angle to fire at someone on a hill.

------------------

.-==KABOOM==-.

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 14, 2001 05:07 PM         
We've already - and thoroughly - discussed this topic and, well, no. Turret elevation would not fit TM's concept.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 14, 2001 06:37 PM            
Turret elevation'd be way to hard anyway think about it. Moveing tank n fireing, plus moveing turret side to side,moveing turret up n down????? you'd just be moveing it to move it and it wouldn't help. To many factors n controls to consider. %)

------------------
%) Can't forget those smileys that have been stareing at the computer to long at the Bottem Can we %)

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 14, 2001 07:33 PM         
Don't be too sure about that: consider the y-Axis of your mouse you are not using yet - it wouldn't be too hard to learn and use that one, too. BUT: you'd never know where you're aiming - the way it is now, you can easily guess whether the enemy tank is where you can hit it, if you had optional turret elevation, you'd never know for sure, as the turret is too short and too manyfold the angles from which you can view it with the elevation angle being the same all the time to allow for accurate guesses concerning the range of your next shot. My 2p. If we introduce turret elevation, we have to introduce some sort of crosshairs, too - preferably projected both onto the landscape and radar screen (so you can aim over hilltops) and spoil all the arcade fun TM provides us with.

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted January 15, 2001 02:12 AM            
Thanks guys for supporting my point. But then again he is new.

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 15, 2001 02:40 AM         
So are you.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 15, 2001 11:48 AM            
Oh no,let the flame wars begin

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 15, 2001 02:47 PM            
Dreamer can call just about anyone he wants new (except me )

I think I can call everyone new, unless any of you have been playing since the day after test 1.0 was released?

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 15, 2001 04:38 PM         
Well, I had been playing for some, but I registered as soon as TM became an obsession for me. Maybe it should be noted that I did not even like TM at first.
Kaeto - remember G-Force? I tried to mail him, but his addy is not valid anymore...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 15, 2001 04:49 PM            
I would tend to beleive that LDA Tom and Jim and others are a lot older players then any of you. Also my favorite reason for not having the turret move up and down was said a long time ago by someone, I don't remember who. But basically he said "imagine if the AI's could do it."

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

synack
posted January 15, 2001 05:18 PM         
I've only been playing since the summer of '00, so I'm certainly not one of the old-timers, but since my college-aged son (ramTHIS) is also a player, I guess that DOES make me one of the oldies!

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 15, 2001 05:42 PM            
Well, Hawk is my TM son. That is, I introduced him to TM (with much kicking and screaming)

IP:

synack
posted January 15, 2001 06:37 PM         
but is he your biological offspring? I don't think so. That's my claim to fame. [he'd better do me proud, too! ]

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 15, 2001 10:15 PM            
Unless I am at least 10 years older than they tell me, he is NOT my biological child.

IP: