|
Author Topic:   Worth to buy it?
Don
posted January 13, 2001 01:04 PM         
I just want to know if its worth to buy the game. Please answer all that have bought the game.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 13, 2001 02:37 PM            
I just bought the game yesterday and i've been wanten it since last march Its great. K theres 52 maps +3 training levels. And also they just realesd Capture the flag patch. 20 tanks i think 23 weapons. ITS GREAT N IM LOVIN IT. I think u should buy it or play the demo for a year hehehe

------------------
%) Can't forget those smileys that have been stareing at the computer to long at the Bottem Can we %)

IP:

Spooky
posted January 13, 2001 02:47 PM         
Go get it, and hurry, supplies are short.
It is an awesome game, i just hope they didnt kill it with the new update.

IP:

synack
posted January 13, 2001 03:25 PM         
Absolutely, it is!

If you're just playing the demo version, the real deal is much, much better.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 13, 2001 03:53 PM            
think about it Don, if we didn't like the game why would be at the games bboard?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 13, 2001 04:15 PM            
Yes ya heard um be gone to the store "must buy Tread Marks""must buy Tread Marks""must buy Tread Marks""must buy Tread Marks""must buy Tread Marks""must buy Tread Marks"

------------------
%) Can't forget those smileys that have been stareing at the computer to long at the Bottem Can we %)

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 13, 2001 04:38 PM         
Play the demo before buying this game, that's what I say. It's definitely not for everyone. If you can find one of the old demos on the 'net (22 Megs size, I think), you can even try the multiplayer mode - the new demo has had its disabled, sadly.
Overall, if you happen to start liking the demo after less than two weeks of playing, odds are that you will become a fan.
One of the greatest things about this game is its community: You'll hardly find a nicer one or one that's more family-like.
If you look at the date I registered or look up Kaeto and the date he's registered - I think we're the "oldest" active members (I used to use a different alias on this board), you'll notice that some of us have been on this board for quite some time and are still active, content and productive. Not many games have that. Plus, LDA is working pretty closely together with us to make this game an even better reason to spend money. What else can you possibly want?
(If you like the gameplay, that is. If you don't, try for some time. Many people don't seem to get the knack until they've played for some weeks.)

------------------
BWL][Dreamer, founder of the Black Widow Lance,
Maintenance slave of the virtual TM showroom

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 13, 2001 04:57 PM            
and then there are those one day experts. It took me a couple weeks to hold my own in a multiplayer. But if you are good you should be able to win the ladder game without any trouble.

IP:

swisher
posted January 13, 2001 10:13 PM            
It's the best of the best. Multi-Player highly addictive.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 14, 2001 02:44 PM            
Most addicting game I've ever played and I've played a lot Play it pretty much everynight.

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted January 14, 2001 02:53 PM            
And its an easy game to play over the internet. As far as setup go's.

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted January 14, 2001 03:06 PM            
I have the demo and the full version. I have a total of 17 bookmarks for sites that have info on tread marks. And i have downloaded all of the weapon mods, maps, and tanks from RC web page. I guess u could say that i love TM! And it is well worth buying

IP:

Don
posted January 15, 2001 02:37 AM         
How can I buy it...?

IP:

Hawk
posted January 15, 2001 07:53 AM            
Online from www.longbowdigitalarts.com or www.aaagame.com , at least I think that's the URL), or at MediaPlay outlets, Babbages, and EBs all around the country. They're still field-testing whether or not it'll sell well, so it's in pretty short supply in stores so far...

In other news, I saw a copy of TM at a MediaPlay in Ohio...IN SOMEONE'S SHOPPING CART

------------------
Temporal Chaos 0wnz j00!

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited January 15, 2001).]

IP:

swisher
posted January 15, 2001 08:44 AM            
I was at an Electronics Botique here in Minnesota, and when I asked if they had it, the sales poerson walked me right over to the only copy left. He knew it by name!

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

synack
posted January 15, 2001 09:22 AM         
Well, Don is in Sweden.

Can any of our friends in Europe comment on availability?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 15, 2001 11:28 AM            
Not in eurpoe but first we went to compusa and it was sold out or somethin but it was only 22.95!!!!! then we went to a malll and found babbages 29.99!!!!! come on peoples no wondering compusa is sold out there so close together only a fool would shop there. But i did so count me in the fools section. Just couldn't live without tread marks. Oh n this was last friday :P

------------------
P) Can't forget those pirate smileys at the bottem now can we P)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 15, 2001 11:29 AM            
Not in eurpoe but first we went to compusa and it was sold out or somethin but it was only 22.95!!!!! then we went to a malll and found babbages 29.99!!!!! come on peoples no wondering compusa is sold out there so close together only a fool would shop there. But i did so count me in the fools section. Just couldn't live without tread marks. Oh n this was last friday :P

------------------

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 15, 2001 02:42 PM            
Does EBworld.com ship to Europe? They sell TM.

TM is the sweetest game ever. Fear it though, it can swallow your time more easily than anything else. Hawk and I actually avoid playing it when we're together until we're sure we don't want to play everything else, because once we start we usually dont' stop.

Dreamer is dead-on about the community - a six year old could read pretty much everything that's posted on this board...

IP:

synack
posted January 15, 2001 05:01 PM         
a six year old, eh?

Is that a commentary on the reading-level of our posts?

IP:

Don
posted January 16, 2001 03:14 PM         
Yes, EBworld.com ship over to Europe, but it will cost 29$, only for the shipping, total 60$... TO MUCH!!!!!!!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 16, 2001 06:46 PM            
Theres gotta be store there with TM itsa great game

------------------

IP: