|
Author Topic:   Sidewinder Config
Manray
posted January 10, 2001 04:53 PM         
Has anyone out there had any luck configuring
a Sidewinder Dual Strike game pad for TM? I can't seem to get the system programmed for the hat directions like Forward/Left, etc. I'm also having problems trying to configure the perspective controller to turn the turret like a proportional controller. Any suggestions? I don't mind using the keyboard
but I would like to try to get this unit configured to see if it will help my game play.

IP:

swisher
posted January 10, 2001 05:20 PM            
I did it. I may have the config file still. My PC crashed and it may have been lost.

Search this BBS for dual strike. I sent the config fle to another user a long time ago. Perhaps he/she still has it.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

swisher
posted January 10, 2001 05:23 PM            
Did BBS search for you. Here it is: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000267.html

Try to contact Nayr. Post here to let me know.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited January 10, 2001).]

IP:

swisher
posted January 10, 2001 06:41 PM            
I have the file. Give me your e-mail addess and I'll send it to you.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

swisher
posted January 10, 2001 08:21 PM            
Here it is for download:
http://www.driveway.com/share?sid=3d0ea165.11dc4f&name=TreadMarks&view=0

After going to this page, click on the file named TreadMarksFX.zip to download it. After downloading, unzip the file into your "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Game Controllers\Schemes" folder.

Now, open your game controller via Start/Settings/Control Panel/Game Controllers. In the Game controllers window, double click the Microsoft SideWinder Dual Strike entry.

Then, select theme Tread Marks FX:

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited January 10, 2001).]

IP:

Manray
posted January 11, 2001 12:22 AM         
Thanks for the file Swisher! Your setup file
makes a lot more sense than the one I created. I'm still having trouble with the perspective controller and the turret movement. If I move it in one direction and try to return it to center it sort of hangs in the original direction of movement. I'd really like to have a full 180 degree proportional control on the turret. Any suggestions?

IP:

swisher
posted January 11, 2001 08:50 AM            
I use keyboard only. The Dual Strike was an experiment.

You may want to try to set mouse speed higher in Tread Marks' Game Options/Controls.

I remember reading that the Dual Strike had a pivot point of sorsts where if you really brought the "wings" together, it kind of clicked. This clicking was supposedly the same as lifting your mouse to grab more mouse pad to complete a movement.

Try those two things.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited January 11, 2001).]

IP: