|
Author Topic:   Dreamer Read
=DNX= Matrix
posted January 10, 2001 02:06 PM            
hi m8, ok well i uploaded the logo and the flag, i recon they look great, however at this time there is no zip file for the flags, ill wait for the TC logo & flag 1st.

In the meantime if you click on the flag with your right mouse button, you should be able to save the jpg file as a bmp. just load into photoshop and drop to indexed (256) color.

from there they should work.

if you have any changes to add m8's drop me a line.

ps: i also added a members list dropmenu below the clanlogo. if you would be so good as to provide names of any clan members - cheers.

oh pps: dont forget, theres a photo album, i wonder who will be first to add thirs lol

-=[/2]=-

IP:

swisher
posted January 10, 2001 02:39 PM            
Matrix:

I read somewhere that Dremaer will be offline for a while. The zip file you need to reference is BWL flag.
http://www.planet-interkom.de/jentsch/bwlogod.zip

------------------
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited January 10, 2001).]

IP:

swisher
posted January 10, 2001 02:46 PM            
Also, add Peeeto, Cell, Stuart, Moriarty, and Lightning to the member pull-down.

Thank you,

------------------
BWL/MG

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 10, 2001 02:51 PM            
misundertood post : my intention is it post a zip file up there myself which contains ALL the clan flags in the right format so the people running the server can download it and have the same files as everyone else. not link to one elsewhere.

however ill add the names, thx for the update

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted January 10, 2001 03:08 PM            
But it's pretty pointless to have people download files they already have, isn't it? Maybe you could offer a single flag and a flag collection option.
PS: Online, yes. Playing online, no.

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 10, 2001 03:36 PM            
quote:
But it's pretty pointless to have people download files they already have, isn't it? Maybe you could offer a single flag and a flag collection option.

With the file size we're talking about here, it doesn't matter.

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted January 10, 2001 04:19 PM            
Which gives me an idea...
LDA, all of you will know UT - thus probably know .umod files and their use...
Wouldn't it be cool to have an automatic installer for .ent files? The .ent file would then have to contain data like where to put it and the files that come with it and the like, but then it would be easy to simply read that info (might be in a specially formatted comment line so as not to interfere with the normal entity commands) and combine the path info contained in it with the registry entry for the TM path, thus enabling automatic add-on install.
I imagine sth. like this in the .ent files:
code:

# begin loc section
# self:path0
# obj1:path1
# obj2:path2
# ...
# objn:pathn
# end loc section

where obj(0...n) stands for either a directory or a single file, self for the entity file itself and path(0...n) for the target directory (sth. like >nul should be defined).
What do you think?
(I'd do it myself, but I have absolutely no idea how to program windoze or even access registry entries from within my programs. But I do think it would be an easy thing to do and with a nice frontend (one simple dialogue box should suffice, imo) it would greatly help newbies with installing mods.

RC, if you feel this should go into the Mods forum, feel free to do anything to this post.

Hey, this must be one of my longest posts ever!

------------------
----------------------
Founder of BWL
Admin for www.tmvr.de

[edit]got something to add...
In order not to have to depend on the registry and not to prevent this from working when TM stays while windows has been reinstalled once again, maybe there should be a mode for the proposed program in which the path to TM can be defined manually. Plus, the program should be able to create file associations for .ent files all by itself and whenever needed. That may be luxury, but shuold not really be hard, either. Maybe one of the community (Chuck, wouldn't this be a project for your favourite VB?) would also be interested to contribute such a thing...

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (BWL/MG) (edited January 10, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted January 10, 2001 05:35 PM            
Matrix, I'll send you a pic of my pretty face straight away as soon as I've got my scanner running again.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (BWL/MG) (edited January 10, 2001).]

IP:

swisher
posted January 10, 2001 10:16 PM            
Matrix:

Now, please link the clan member list names to their profiles on Coax's bio pages:

Peeeto: http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/peeeto.html

Swisher (mine has been emailed to coax, but is not up yet): http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/swisher.html

This way, if someone selects a clan member, that clan member's bio page will appear.

Thank you.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 10, 2001 10:50 PM            
will do m8. me and coax have that all in hand.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 12, 2001 06:14 PM            
okay swisher your bio is complete. Ant still wanted to tinker with it a bit but heres the link if there is something you want to change let me know heres the link http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/swisher.html

IP: