|
Author Topic:   my local EB stores can't order more copies!!! ?!
peeeto
posted January 09, 2001 11:48 AM         
hey LDA - i just talked to my local Electronics Boutique stores, and they say they can't order TM anymore! what's up with that?! oh, man - i hope that doesn't mean trouble for you & the game...

i need to get a # of copies for a friend in Europe, and can only come up with 3 locally. but, if i bought 'em, they'd be sold out and wouldn't get anymore

IP:

Cell
posted January 09, 2001 12:17 PM         
I'll check the EB here for any copies, if you need them, Peeeto.

IP:

peeeto
posted January 09, 2001 12:40 PM         
update - i called EB's 877 number, and they have 1500 copies in their warehouse... i can't understand why the stores say they can't order it anymore...

Cell: thank you, but with mailing costs and times, and to save $$$ on sales tax, i might as well order all the copies we need from the 877 number (and leave the copies in the stores), then mail them out...

[This message has been edited by peeeto (edited January 09, 2001).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 09, 2001 01:02 PM            
877 number? www.ebworld.com

IP:

peeeto
posted January 09, 2001 01:12 PM         
yeah yeah - but i couldn't find out the shipping costs unless i went through almost the entire ordering process - what a pain! much easier to pick up the phone .

haha! come to think of it, that's how i do almost all my e-shopping! i use the inet to see the products & costs, but most importantly i use it to get their phone# ! because i always have questions for 'em and am too impatient for email

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 09, 2001 02:51 PM            
That doesn't sound good at all... Did you talk to the manager at that EB store Peeet?

If they are sold out, then they should re-order...

Jim

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 09, 2001 03:27 PM            
Just checked.....Tread Marks should also be available at MicroCenter & Media Play Chains as well.

I think they have stores scattered around the US.

Jim

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 09, 2001 04:29 PM            
There are MicroCenters in most major cities out here. CompUSA _SHOULD_ be the easiest place to get TM if they have it, because they are EVERYWHERE. Mine was a major mess last time I went there (they do end-of-year inventory and everything gets all messed up)

IP:

Hawk
posted January 09, 2001 09:28 PM            
Media Play outlets are mainly middle US, I think. It seems like almost every major city in Ohio has at least two

------------------
Temporal Chaos 0wnz j00!

IP:

Cell
posted January 09, 2001 09:33 PM         
Kaeto, Where's the CompUSA?
I haven't seen one around.

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 09, 2001 09:35 PM            
There's one in Salem and one in Nashua. I _THINK_ there's one out near you somewhere, not sure.

Edit - guess not. Here's a _REALLY_ screwed up map (look where they put Salem and Nashua!) of their NE stores : http://www.compusa.com/locations/ne_map.asp?type=

[This message has been edited by Kaeto (edited January 09, 2001).]

IP:

Cell
posted January 09, 2001 09:39 PM         
I'll be in Salem on Friday, Ill check it out, tnx.

IP:

Cell
posted January 09, 2001 09:42 PM         
Looks like the dot is 50 miles off!
They oughta use some mapping software, at least!

Guess they lost the store in the inventory count!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 09, 2001 09:51 PM            
Maybe that explains why CompUSA has such a slow internal distribution process - they can't find their stores by their own map

IP: